Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Dennis Praet

12 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

I think if he leaves hopefully he'll open up where it went wrong. Always liked the guy, tried hard, can cross, finish and did his part defending. If Tielemans had got sold this season I'd have been more than happy to see Praet take his place.

I just can't wrap my head around it, we had times where players were injured and he still didn't always get a game. I've seen interviews and games and he doesn't seem argumentative, just can't work it out.

I hope he does.  I'd very much like to hear his side of the story, but I suspect that only happens if it's a sale rather than a loan.

• Like 1

€15M option to buy but there is a loan fee as well.

Loan fees are rarely reported on for some reason. No chance we’ve agreed to a loan without Torino covering wages + an upfront fee, otherwise it’s not doing much for us in regards to freeing up funds.

• Like 1

I would definitely prefer Praet to start over Maddison at the moment yet Praet cannot even get a minute. We also have our last season top scorer sitting on the bench - Vardy and Nachos together upfront looked really good. With Rodgers, it just seems he gets fixated with certain players and it is either in or out - not much in between.

• Like 3

Would be sad to see him go. He’s a great player with all round ability. I can see he wants regular first team football though. Ideal back up to Youri who will undoubtedly will leave us later this year…a loan might be a good option! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ricey said:

€15M option to buy but there is a loan fee as well.

Loan fees are rarely reported on for some reason. No chance we’ve agreed to a loan without Torino covering wages + an upfront fee, otherwise it’s not doing much for us in regards to freeing up funds.

They won’t cover more than half his wages 

so the loan fee will be used to cover the balance with a bit left over 

the freeing up funds is all quite technical- I think the wage bill is the bigger issue for us as we have to meet PL restrictions. 

I like Praet, solid midfielder but still unsure what midfielder he is, doesn’t break up play enough to be Ndidi, not as creative as youri and doesn’t get goals/assists like Maddison (when on form). I’ve rated him the most when he’s been right side of the midfield, we’ve looked good when he’s done that role.

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

What's the "right valuation" for a player who's never going to play and whose value will shrink the longer you hang onto him?

Tbh I'd take a packet of prawn cocktail Quavers and a carton of Um Bongo if it would finally put an end to your whinge-athon.

I feel your pain. I really do. I was just as devastated when NP shitcanned Maxi Gradel and sent him packing to Dirty Leeds. But you'll get over it, and one day you'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Tbh I'd take a packet of prawn cocktail Quavers and a carton of Um Bongo if it would finally put an end to your whinge-athon.

I feel your pain. I really do. I was just as devastated when NP shitcanned Maxi Gradel and sent him packing to Dirty Leeds. But you'll get over it, and one day you'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

You can be a smartass all you want, but it's a serious question and it doesn't matter whether you like Praet or not.  He's never going to play here - we know it, he knows it, everyone else knows it.  What possible logic is there in saying "the fee is too small?"  What possible leverage does the club have in any negotiation with a potential buyer?  Whether you think Praet is Lionel Messi or a club player, it makes no sense to hold onto him if there's another club willing to take him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

You can be a smartass all you want, but it's a serious question and it doesn't matter whether you like Praet or not.  He's never going to play here - we know it, he knows it, everyone else knows it.  What possible logic is there in saying "the fee is too small?"  What possible leverage does the club have in any negotiation with a potential buyer?  Whether you think Praet is Lionel Messi or a club player, it makes no sense to hold onto him if there's another club willing to take him.

Like his performances, I'm completely indifferent.

Best all around if he moves on methinks. I like him too but, as said above, matters not a fck what I think. For whatever reason - and I think he's possibly too slow for our or preferred game (which, at the moment, has ironically ground down to snail's pace) - he's not getting a look in, and seemingly not likely too either. 

If he can jump ship to get regular football back in Italy then I reckon that's a good move for all.

Good player but is role in the squad can be done by KDH so may as well cash in. I like him, and to my knowledge he's always worked hard when called upon and never publicly moaned about anything. Definitely under utilised in his time here, particularly towards the end of last season. He will continue to have a solid career. 

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Good player. Don’t know what the issue is with his lack of game time. Agree best for all is if he moves on. 

Somebody hypothesised earlier that his total lack of game time may be due to triggering an extra payment. This could be a possibility, and if he is not going to be a regular it would make sense not to trigger any add-on clauses before an upcoming window where we have other targets and would likely be selling him on, unless we were absolutely desperate. He is definitely a quality player so unless there has been some sort of falling out, which there has been no hint of, and he has not handed in a transfer request that we know of, i am, like many completely baffled as to why he has been ignored.