Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Levy "Hello, is that David Pleat"

Pleat "Yes, how can I help you old friend"

Levy "I'm calling about our vacant managers job...."

Pleat "You want my opinion, advice, insight on who to choose?"

Levy "Er no I'm offering you it, everyone else has turned it down. Three year deal, good salary, cheese room..."

Pleat "Sorry, Palace are calling on the other line, I'll call you back"

Levy "Hang on, do you have Peter Shreeves Number?"

Levy1.jpg.d0ebbcf4f872d79e45c1ecabbf99501a.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Riyad_Suarez said:

Grealish to Man City is 'close to completion' for £100m according to talksport.

Where does that leave our good friend Riyad I wonder? :whistle:

Been touted for moves already this Summer. It would never happen but I’d have him back on loan instantly if offered

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Riyad_Suarez said:

Interestingly, The Athletic yesterday were suggesting Villa were 'hopeful' of keeping Grealish which doesn't exactly suggest they're confident of keeping him. 

Would make sense given they wanted Smith-Rowe as well as Buendia. 

Just now, KFS said:

Been touted for moves already this Summer. It would never happen but I’d have him back on loan instantly if offered

Absolutely. He's just a level above what we can attract both financially and in terms of ability.

I'd love it to happen, but realistically it's a step down for him and I feel like he'd  not be happy to make it and perform to the levels we were used to.

6 minutes ago, KFS said:

Surely he still plays for Man City though. He was playing relatively regularly for them last season and bagged quite a few important goals for them. 

13 minutes ago, Riyad_Suarez said:

They play two different positions so leaves Riyad in a good place... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Surely he still plays for Man City though. He was playing relatively regularly for them last season and bagged quite a few important goals for them. 

Grealish on the left/through the middle with Foden getting the right wing role

Then they still have Torres, Sterling and Silva also

Edited by moore_94

Interesting that the London clubs are struggling to get managers in. Perhaps the pull of London post pandemic is fading especially for managers who tend to be a little older? Hundreds of thousands of people have left London in the last 18 months. 

Might also be that Spurs are shit and a ticking financial time bomb, and Palace are one of the smallest teams in the league.

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Interesting that the London clubs are struggling to get managers in. Perhaps the pull of London post pandemic is fading especially for managers who tend to be a little older? Hundreds of thousands of people have left London in the last 18 months. 

Might also be that Spurs are shit and a ticking financial time bomb, and Palace are one of the smallest teams in the league.

Both seem to be offering barely anything in terms of money towards rebuilding the squads

With Spurs needing a refresh and most of Palace’s players out of contract, I see why managers are being put off

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Both seem to be offering barely anything in terms of money towards rebuilding the squads

With Spurs needing a refresh and most of Palace’s players out of contract, I see why managers are being put off

Yeah absolutely. Looking at it again neither of the jobs are at all attractive, hence why they keep getting rejected. 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah absolutely. Looking at it again neither of the jobs are at all attractive, hence why they keep getting rejected. 

Strange that Everton (who seemingly have some money to spend) also look to be struggling to pin down a new manager (Benitez looks close but so many appointments at the moment get close and for some reason don’t happen)

I think Sterling is the one Guardiola would be most willing to lose and could fetch a decent sum, to be replaced by Grealish. Trouble is not many clubs would be willing or able to meet what Man City would ask for, and Sterling is unlikely to want a step down.  

Makes you appreciate the position we are in seeing the state of some of the other clubs in the league 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

It's a good time to have stable management/coaching in place. Very happy to not be a part of this managerial merry-go-round this summer. 

I think we'd be ok, presuming we've done some groundwork like we did for Rodgers, rather than just getting whoever was out of work like the previous attempt. 

We're looked at favourably at the moment and certainly aren't the shit shows like Spurs and Everton who don't look like they have a clue what they are doing, despite being big clubs 

20 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

I think Sterling is the one Guardiola would be most willing to lose and could fetch a decent sum, to be replaced by Grealish. Trouble is not many clubs would be willing or able to meet what Man City would ask for, and Sterling is unlikely to want a step down.  

Makes you appreciate the position we are in seeing the state of some of the other clubs in the league 

Reckon Sterling is on £200k p/W +. No way are they shifting him..