Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

He's only just signed a new 6 year contract so there's obviously lots of future bargaining power for Levy there if he does hold onto Kane, sure, but I strongly question the wisdom of doing so. 

They're very publicly struggling to even land a manager right now.  Of the issues raised by the 'failed' candidates, a recurring one would presumably have been the squad's current strength and the signings required to get them back to consistently featuring in the Champions League places like Levy wants.  All signs suggest that they don't currently have the funds to meet those kinds of demands and they basically have to sell him this season to be able to fix their problems elsewhere on the pitch. Along come Man City offering a cheque book for their new manager plus a player who could be a big first step of that rebuild before even spending anything. Of course Levy will want to see how far he can push his luck but he has to remember that the alternative is most likely another season of on-pitch regression after which Kane would surely be even more insistent on leaving and his suitors less charitable.  I do wonder if he's angling for something like £150m with no player swap, if he gets that he'll have done well.

Im not sure levy is one to drag his heels in tbh. Business comes before the club in his eyes, so I doubt he would turn down an offer if he knows the value will just decrease. 

If you block a player their dream move they often just drop off in performance or magically have extra injuries.  Luckily for spurs Kane has his eyes on breaking records and he doesnt see the sort to not put effort in.  

It just makes a messy situation for everyone, similar to our Mahrez situation, he was on the pitch but he just simply wasnt himself. 

42 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Jarred Gillett is one of the best around in my opinion. 

Look forward to seeing him this season even more. 

Good to see so many younger refs promoted for a change. There's a few PL refs who you could say are past their best...

Also nice to see Leicestershire based Brooks promoted.

• Like 1

Just now, Kingleicester said:

Jesus Christ he’s not your mate is he?????? Kiss of death 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Haha I'm glad, in that sense, to say he isn't!

Seen him a lot in A-League football. I know it's a different standard and pace of play but he came over from there to the Championship 1-2 seasons ago and he was very good there, too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I am beginning to think that Man. City's high press, tippy tappy football might just be going out of fashion . A few well directed long balls to fast breaking forwards , as Chelsea began to show recently can leave them stranded. Their type of football would not suit Kane for sure. In truth Spurs lack a strong defender and a midfield brain . Whether they can afford them is another question.

Pleeeeeeeeeease!

:vardy::vardy::vardy::riyad:

Edited by Matt

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Jarred Gillett is one of the best around in my opinion. 

Look forward to seeing him this season even more. 

Didn’t know Graham Potter was also a ref 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blue ROI said:

Spurs situation looks like the dilemma we had after Heskey and MON.

Whilst they wont fall to the same depths it's looking a bit bleak for them.

Anyone with a surname beginning with W .. make sure you're phone is turned on tomorrow. Levy's making his was through that letter tomorrow. Expect the call 😂

Kane will have only just turned 28 when the season starts and has played 60, 40, 49 and 59 games in the last 4 seasons including Internationals so his injuries are more exaggerated than the reality. 

Edited by The Bear

I am in two minds over the Kane Shite Show.  I personally don't feel that he is worth anywhere close to the money being talked  about. He has never been a speed merchant & now looks slower than ever. Will he still be effective at 33 or are you just buying three to four years. I also understand that he is the face of Spurs & Levy will be crucified if he doesn't get top dollar. It's going to be interesting !!

I actually think that Spurs will end up going for mancini. With the new Italian connection I’m sure his wonderful work isn’t going unnoticed. I think what’s worse is after the euros it’s probably possible. Especially if they don’t win it 

Edited by Lambert09

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I actually think that Spurs will end up going for mancini. With the new Italian connection I’m sure his wonderful work isn’t going unnoticed. I think what’s worse is after the euros it’s probably possible. Especially if they don’t win it 

He's got another 5 years on his Italy contract.

They'll go back and cough up for Erik Ten Hag I think.

4 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I am in two minds over the Kane Shite Show.  I personally don't feel that he is worth anywhere close to the money being talked  about. He has never been a speed merchant & now looks slower than ever. Will he still be effective at 33 or are you just buying three to four years. I also understand that he is the face of Spurs & Levy will be crucified if he doesn't get top dollar. It's going to be interesting !!

As spped is usually the first thing to go for an ageing player, surely if their worst attribute is speed then you arent losing much when they get into their early 30s?

I say usually because of the likes of Vardy.

For the money Kane will cost Man City they could go and get Haaland, who's younger, fitter and probably already a better player. Unless they're that desperate not to deal with Raiola, I don't get why they wouldn't really. 

Dortmund will need silly money to let him go this summer, they've already said that, but Kane will cost silly money too so why not? 

• Like 1

Guest Bert Fill
1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Unless they're that desperate not to deal with Raiola, I don't get why they wouldn't really. 

You could hardly blame them…