Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Levy won't let Kane go unless he puts a transfer request in to force a move, and forgoes his loyalty payment. I guarantee that's all Levy is interested in, the money he can save. 

I think he'll go. He just needs to realise he needs to make it happen forceably rather than rely on any word that Levy has given him. 

Think 100m+Laporte would be what i'd want if I supported Spurs.

Get that 100m spread about on some decent defenders and have Son be the talisman. Think they'd be a better side for it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Think 100m+Laporte would be what i'd want if I supported Spurs.

Get that 100m spread about on some decent defenders and have Son be the talisman. Think they'd be a better side for it.

Disagree there mate, I’m struggling to see a better Spurs WITHOUT Kane, not what he has contributed, I can’t see them spending all of the money they get for him neither 

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Can't believe they'd offer Laporte as part of the deal. Him and Dias could be the main pairing for years. I guess they have Stones and Ake though as well. I'd be offering one of those though before Laporte. 

Don't get it, Laporte was a huge loss for them the other year, bit part last year but an absolute unit when fit. 

• Like 2

I just find the instant defence of 'he guarantees you 20 goals' baffling given his clear and obvious injury. For me it's Michael Owen all over again.

After his latest Ankle injury he's scored 2 in 7 games. 1 of those goals was against us defending like clowns and the other was against Wolves.

I honestly think he'd completely ****ed, and I think he and Spurs know it too. That whole thing about him suddenly wanting to leave was all far too convenient. 

... anyway hopefully this post means he fires us to a Euro's win, golden boot in the premier league next season and a WC winner medal in 22..... lol 

He's been horrifically manager by Spurs and England too by the way.

Back from injury.... 90 mins every game... injured again... returns and it's 90 mins every game again. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Don't get it, Laporte was a huge loss for them the other year, bit part last year but an absolute unit when fit. 

There is absolutely no chance he's going to end up at Spurs. None of that deal would make sense and he's not exactly going to be keen to join them even if Man City wanted it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Wow, Man City basically offering Levy a get out of jail free card and he doesn't want to take it?  Where on Earth is his head at?

Maybe he’s negotiating well?

The soon to be father in law is Spurs through and through and he's just said take the 100 mill and run. 

I don't watch them week in week out like him but even with his stats is convinced he started to down tools the season before this. 

Guardiola knows that Man. City will be back with the pack this season , his team were rescued by Dias last season but I don't think he can buy himself out of this one. The only team Kane should consider is Real as a straight replacement for Benzema.

17 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I guess we'll see in due course.

I reckon it's brinkmaship. Spurs need to make everyone believe they're intent on keeping Kane so Man City up their bid somehow.

Besides, at 28 Kane will be a good player to sell next season. The bookkeeper's "asset" will hardly decrease in value an extra season.

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I reckon it's brinkmaship. Spurs need to make everyone believe they're intent on keeping Kane so Man City up their bid somehow.

Besides, at 28 Kane will be a good player to sell next season. The bookkeeper's "asset" will hardly decrease in value an extra season.

He's only just signed a new 6 year contract so there's obviously lots of future bargaining power for Levy there if he does hold onto Kane, sure, but I strongly question the wisdom of doing so. 

They're very publicly struggling to even land a manager right now.  Of the issues raised by the 'failed' candidates, a recurring one would presumably have been the squad's current strength and the signings required to get them back to consistently featuring in the Champions League places like Levy wants.  All signs suggest that they don't currently have the funds to meet those kinds of demands and they basically have to sell him this season to be able to fix their problems elsewhere on the pitch. Along come Man City offering a cheque book for their new manager plus a player who could be a big first step of that rebuild before even spending anything. Of course Levy will want to see how far he can push his luck but he has to remember that the alternative is most likely another season of on-pitch regression after which Kane would surely be even more insistent on leaving and his suitors less charitable.  I do wonder if he's angling for something like £150m with no player swap, if he gets that he'll have done well.

• Like 1

I am beginning to think that Man. City's high press, tippy tappy football might just be going out of fashion . A few well directed long balls to fast breaking forwards , as Chelsea began to show recently can leave them stranded. Their type of football would not suit Kane for sure. In truth Spurs lack a strong defender and a midfield brain . Whether they can afford them is another question.

• Like 2