Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Chelsea away, Tues 18th May (For Ric Flair)

We’re running on fumes, with a small squad, Barnes, JJ and Evans out, Ünder seemingly disappeared, Ricardo and Maddison not fully fit, Vardy not quite his old self and Praet apparently out of favour and perhaps not back to his pre injury self. Compare that to Chelsea’s huge squad filled with luxury players and we’re up against it for this one.

Still, that was the case on Saturday, yet we still managed a result against the odds. The damage to our top 4 prospects was done earlier against Southampton, Newcastle and host of others earlier. But Liverpool and Chelsea could both point to their own banana skins.

Whatever happens now, an FA cup win, and a second successive finish in the top five means it’s been a hugely successful season, arguably fulfilling the owners pledge to make Leicester City a top 5 club in 5 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

I think Amartey might be on the naughty step for tw@tting about with the Chelsea penant and getting them riled up 

Agreed and it’s not like the game needs anymore spice. 

Kasper

Riccy

Castagne

Fofana

Cags

Thomas

Ndidi

Tielemans

Maddison

Nacho

Vardy

• Like 2

Really starting to stress about this game. 

We simply can't lose. 

In a one off game for CL football, Chelsea WILL beat Villa and on the final day, Liverpool are at home to Palace with their fans behind them so they are not losing that. 

So really, if we lose tomorrow, all our CL hopes are pinned on Burnley..... I don't like that thought. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

In all seriousness, I don't know how anyone with eyes could want Amartey anywhere near the team, especially in a game like this. He's not good enough.

He is in a one off game, look at Man City away.

However with such high stakes, I’d play strong as possible. Then a nice mixed team for Spurs.

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

We simply can't lose. 

In a one off game for CL football, Chelsea WILL beat Villa and on the final day, Liverpool are at home to Palace with their fans behind them so they are not losing that. 

So really, if we lose tomorrow, all our CL hopes are pinned on Burnley..... I don't like that thought. 

Your fears are correct and to be honest, I have the same fears. 

However, a week ago, after Chelsea beat Man C I thought they were unbeatable. I thought they'd hammer us in the final. I thought they'd ease past Arsenal. This season is weird, teams hit good form and then just fall off. Only Man C have been consistent. 

I think we can win tomorrow but even if we dont, its not over. Its just the way its working out this year. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

We simply can't lose. 

Aye. We need two wins. Tomorrow let's us break up the big six. Puts us with the big boys. And we keep our best players.

Not much love for Perez as usual, folks saying he didn't do much in an attacking sense, but it's worth remembering he contributed to the goal.

It may not have been pretty, but it was just reward for such a committed defensive performance. I would start him over Madders again.

• Like 3

Pretty relaxed about this now, will be bitterly disappointed if we don’t get top 4 but whatever happens it’s been a great season. If we can see it through then it’s the cherry on the cake.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Not much love for Perez as usual, folks saying he didn't do much in an attacking sense, but it's worth remembering he contributed to the goal.

It may not have been pretty, but it was just reward for such a committed defensive performance. I would start him over Madders again.

Depends how far madders is with injury & Match- fitness...

Who can be a game changer After 60+ minutes, if we are behind....?

Who can Force his presence & Build up a controlled display,and create or Score an Early goal....d

Might be tempted to go with Praet & Ricardo**, with Albrighton & Madders Coming Off the bench...

** Both can Play in the backfoot,  but  also confidently Drive forward..

Rodgers is the man, depends what Leicester we get to see, a win, we Dont have to worry about the last game result...

We want to Play with the Big boys, lets Show them we are here to stay.....

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

We’re running on fumes, with a small squad, Barnes, JJ and Evans out, Ünder seemingly disappeared, Ricardo and Maddison not fully fit, Vardy not quite his old self and Praet apparently out of favour and perhaps not back to his pre injury self. Compare that to Chelsea’s huge squad filled with luxury players and we’re up against it for this one.

Still, that was the case on Saturday, yet we still managed a result against the odds. The damage to our top 4 prospects was done earlier against Southampton, Newcastle and host of others earlier. But Liverpool and Chelsea could both point to their own banana skins.

Whatever happens now, an FA cup win, and a second successive finish in the top five means it’s been a hugely successful season, arguably fulfilling the owners pledge to make Leicester City a top 5 club in 5 years.

.....I thought it was top 4 in 4 years......!!!

26 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Imagine the hatred from Chelsea if we ruined 2/3 of their season in the space of 4 days.... :D

Premier League clubs with a generational hatred for us:

1. Spurs
  2. Everton

In 24 hours we could add Chelsea to the list. :fc:

"How to Win Trophies and make Premier League Clubs Hate You" available in all good bookstores soon.