Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Chelsea away, Tues 18th May (For Ric Flair)

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Their support is comfortably up there with some of the worse in the league, both home and away. 

I don't think having fans in will make a difference in this one, hopefully it works in our favour if anything.

To any Chelsea fans reading you should start up a "Jamie Vardy - your wife is a grass" chant. Will really wind him up and throw him off his game.

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, deep blue said:

And also whether Rodgers thinks Vardy can keep putting in shifts.  Might have to be benched and come on at 60 mins. 

2 dozen redbulls chucked down his throat and he'll be good to go 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Is it that sad? He deserves **** all he’s useless and we’re paying him a lot of money to do so. Not once on Saturday did I think ‘oooh where’s under’ lol

Ahh - the empathic response. Thanks for your thoughtful reply.

As for "we’re paying him a lot of money" - you're not paying him one sou to play. City took a punt - their decision, remember, and it's not worked out.

And, whatever he is, he's not "useless" - a Serie A player in a half decent club like Roma ain't anything but a skilled professional.

Hold on. I sense something personal going on here. Did he knock on your door, by any chance, and tell you your roof needed fixing, and you gave him a thousand in readies and he pissed off without doing anything?

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

True he hasn’t had a really good chance but you can just tell. He’s miles off it here. 

:crylaugh:How many times have we seen that Choice of words.....

since  promotion , we could most likely Field 2  sides, of successfull    " failures". 

including that other well known Football-fan  adhege... " Been a Great Player but he is really finished now...!  "

I mean really on this forum, ......After ...well nearly all players have been misjudged, over-analysed  & gone vor the Lazy punt...

a high % of posters just havent learnt!!

I will also say, sometimes its not the players Lack of Skill-Set or discipline....for some reason, often Not something the fans Pick-up on,

A manager/coach just doesn't see a Player fitting into the Ethos of the Development of the squad,and

its offen nothing negative...simply something doesn't quite click, for the direction a club/ manager sees it.. Its a :dunno: sort of choice.

Happens also in individual game days....So who wouldnt of thought....

When we get to a final....Ricardo is Simply an Automatic choice...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Perez, again, worked hard but didn't create much. Maddison will be looking for a grandstand finish to this season - I agree he should start and then see where the game develops from there.

Kelechi was stifled on Saturday - and I think he was nervous. His touch depends on how confident he feels. He's got his medal and can relax now - maybe we'll see him shine this time.

I don't disagree with Morgan starting but he has to have back-up. His role would be to lead and to throw his weight about, but he's not going to cope with any twinkle-toes that easily. I don't trust Albrighton not to make some kind of error in defence - he's just too impulsive. Choudhury just seems to chase the ball around.

Isn't there any room for Praet in the team this time around?  I saw him during the post-game celebrations and he'd looked as delighted as anyone else.

Your back line is inevitable as is the Tielemans/N'Didi axis. I feel we need a 'libero' to supplement attack and defence - I see Praet as the obvious choice. Perhaps BR doesn't know how to fit him into his formation. You have a Belgian international on your books - with two first-teamers he used to playing with. It's all very strange.

For me Maddison is the trump card - if he performs to his potential then both Vards and Keli will get opportunities. He won't be as hard-working in covering the defence 'break-out' as Perez has been, but either Praet or Albrighton could occupy the space behind Madders, Vardy and Iheanacho.

This is the thing though isn't , where has Praet gone to?

When he came back from injury, I thought he'd be the player with that extra bit of quality to get us through the season, but we've not seen him.

I thought he was capable of playing the Maddison/Perez role? 

Perhaps within the 3-4-1-2 line up, he's a little stranded in playing style? a bit too far up for a 10 and little room to squeeze in around Tielemans and Ndidi, I don't know. 

You're twinkle-toes comment makes me doubt Morgan now, Mount will try it on. 

I think it's starting to look more and more like the same team as the FA cup.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danny Clender said:

This is the thing though isn't , where has Praet gone to?

When he came back from injury, I thought he'd be the player with that extra bit of quality to get us through the season, but we've not seen him.

I thought he was capable of playing the Maddison/Perez role? 

Perhaps within the 3-4-1-2 line up, he's a little stranded in playing style? a bit too far up for a 10 and little room to squeeze in around Tielemans and Ndidi, I don't know. 

You're twinkle-toes comment makes me doubt Morgan now, Mount will try it on. 

I think it's starting to look more and more like the same team as the FA cup.

I don't get it either and no-one has asked him that question directly, I don't believe anyway, else the Mercury would have made some comment. I know that Tielemans and Madders seemed to be treading on each other's feet a while back, but that appears to be sorted now. With Perez not making an impact and Madders sub-par fitness wise, then why not give Praet a half? I think BR is quite 'conservative' though - if it works (ish) then he doesn't change it around.

In that Newcastle game, when Evans pulled out in the warm-up, Morgan would have been the ideal replacement. I thought both Soyuncu and Fofana lost it significantly at that point. That's where the game was lost. Not that Morgan is half the player now that Evans is, but it was a huge psychological blow. That Evans managed a good thirty minutes of the Chelsea game brought stability. It's a young team - a leader like Evans is so good for morale.

Maybe Morgan is just a tad too risky - also, his back is probably more suspect than Jonny's heel. Mount, Pulisic and that 'whippersnapper' Gilmour need the kind of reactions B.Wes doesn't have any longer.

It's going to be a fascinating contest. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Perez, again, worked hard but didn't create much. Maddison will be looking for a grandstand finish to this season - I agree he should start and then see where the game develops from there.

Kelechi was stifled on Saturday - and I think he was nervous. His touch depends on how confident he feels. He's got his medal and can relax now - maybe we'll see him shine this time.

I don't disagree with Morgan starting but he has to have back-up. His role would be to lead and to throw his weight about, but he's not going to cope with any twinkle-toes that easily. I don't trust Albrighton not to make some kind of error in defence - he's just too impulsive. Choudhury just seems to chase the ball around.

Isn't there any room for Praet in the team this time around?  I saw him during the post-game celebrations and he'd looked as delighted as anyone else.

Your back line is inevitable as is the Tielemans/N'Didi axis. I feel we need a 'libero' to supplement attack and defence - I see Praet as the obvious choice. Perhaps BR doesn't know how to fit him into his formation. You have a Belgian international on your books - with two first-teamers he used to playing with. It's all very strange.

For me Maddison is the trump card - if he performs to his potential then both Vards and Keli will get opportunities. He won't be as hard-working in covering the defence 'break-out' as Perez has been, but either Praet or Albrighton could occupy the space behind Madders, Vardy and Iheanacho.

Don't think there's any chance of Morgan starting. Didn't he say that 2 days before the Final, Rodgers asked him if he could manage 10 minutes? 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

:crylaugh:How many times have we seen that Choice of words.....

since  promotion , we could most likely Field 2  sides, of successfull    " failures". 

including that other well known Football-fan  adhege... " Been a Great Player but he is really finished now...!  "

I mean really on this forum, ......After ...well nearly all players have been misjudged, over-analysed  & gone vor the Lazy punt...

a high % of posters just havent learnt!!

I will also say, sometimes its not the players Lack of Skill-Set or discipline....for some reason, often Not something the fans Pick-up on,

A manager/coach just doesn't see a Player fitting into the Ethos of the Development of the squad,and

its offen nothing negative...simply something doesn't quite click, for the direction a club/ manager sees it.. Its a :dunno: sort of choice.

Happens also in individual game days....So who wouldnt of thought....

When we get to a final....Ricardo is Simply an Automatic choice...

Yeah but for every Simpson Albrighton and Vardy there’s a Zieler, Slimani and Musa. I find this Under love in totally bizarre. Don’t rate him whatsoever and clearly neither does Brendan. You’re right, he clearly doesn’t seem him fitting in and neither do I. He’s one of our few options on the wing atm and can’t even get on the bench which is telling. He’s not an improvement at all on Gray and we can do a lot better. Nothing against him personally sure he’s a lovely guy but you can see he’s way off it. Financially it would be the wrong move to sign him permanently and I’d be utterly gobsmacked if we signed him again. 

53 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Ahh - the empathic response. Thanks for your thoughtful reply.

As for "we’re paying him a lot of money" - you're not paying him one sou to play. City took a punt - their decision, remember, and it's not worked out.

And, whatever he is, he's not "useless" - a Serie A player in a half decent club like Roma ain't anything but a skilled professional.

Hold on. I sense something personal going on here. Did he knock on your door, by any chance, and tell you your roof needed fixing, and you gave him a thousand in readies and he pissed off without doing anything?

Dunno why you’re crying mate, he’s just a loanee that’s played a handful of games, offered very very little and we’ll likely never see him again. Maybe it’s you that has something secret going on with him 🥰

You make a couple of very Odd arguments too , just because his wages aren’t coming out my individual pocket am I not allowed to be interested or care where the clubs cash is being spent? 

Then also, he’s been far from effective here. Clearly he’s a professional footballer so he’s not useless but his final ball is atrocious and decision making woeful. Sorry to have offended the Cengiz Under fan club (which apparently has 2 members) 

Listen it’s not that deep, but the fact we’ve won the FA cup and seemingly the first thing you two think of is ‘where is Cengiz Under in the photos’ tells me all I need to know about this conversation ;)

1 hour ago, Beachyboy said:

Hmmm you didn't see the Arsenal game clearly they are now stuck between two options playing less fresh better players, or playing a team that struggled against Arsenal, I don't now expect 7 changes, maybe 3-4 at most. 

I agree with you in all honesty, think Tuchel will not want to make the same mistake twice and won't make too many changes. I was more pointing out that they have good squad depth. I think they bring Havertz & Pulisic in for sure, maybe another couple too.

Pressure is all on Chelsea...and I still think Liverpool drop points somewhere along the line too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Like you I dont want to Force any of those considered Financial needs to achieve CL

Sensible Budget ,looking for those Wide spectrum of gems like , Mahrez,Vardy ,Soyuncu, Evans,Maddison,

then dipping into our own or other clubs young talents...Barnes,Thomas, Choudhury,Justin, Add then the occasional young Gems that have potential,

and will give us a return of Talent over 2-5+ years....Like Tielemans, and Fofana. Kante ( 1 season)

We have been clever, with Ndidi,Praet,Perez,Castagna, Albrighton, Morgan,Mendy,Nacho,Fuchs,Ricardo

I Hope we can hold a balance that sees us competing & challenging for European spots...

IMO if we Slip sometimes around 9-6th that can be carried, if we can push ,Elbow ourselves  continually into those 7-5th positions, it will occasionally

See us competing & challenging for those 2-4th,  & Not so loud the title.   It will be always be a Great season..Like these last 2 seasons..

Its reality for me,  its the 'challenging & competing '. & still Take us deep into the

EOS, giving us a fair Crack of those top 6 places...That means achieving..!!

I want that, occasional title, that cup, that CL qualification, I also know & recognise ,  We will Never thankfully have the Finances to Mix it every season

among the Top 4, we will do well to "consistently" push for Top 5-7...

So 

Agree 100% .👍

1 hour ago, enmac said:

Don't think there's any chance of Morgan starting. Didn't he say that 2 days before the Final, Rodgers asked him if he could manage 10 minutes? 

10 minutes!!!!!!...

Don't put ideas in my missus head!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 4

I haven't seen much of it (or haven't seen much in these threads), but I was genuinely astounded at how embarrassing Chelsea fans were at Wembley. Didn't hear them more than twice. 

What did it sound like on TV?

3 minutes ago, Adster said:

I haven't seen much of it (or haven't seen much in these threads), but I was genuinely astounded at how embarrassing Chelsea fans were at Wembley. Didn't hear them more than twice. 

You could only hear Leicester 

43 minutes ago, ASHCFC said:

Hey guys - Chelsea fan here - thought I'd come see the happiness at your first FA Cup truimph!

I remember my first experience of us winning it in 1997. I screamed so loud when Robbie Di Matteo scored a screamer (a similarly top hit to yours at the weekend) that I made my then three year old son cry. I came home from work and watched the highlights (on a VHS tape) for about 10 weeks afterwards. Even after winning the league, CL etc. I don't think anything matches the sheer joy of that moment. I'm genuinely happy for you all as I know how it feels. You'll be getting value out of this one for years, so enjoy it lads. I think every genuine football fan is also very happy for your owners, and the terrible tragedy they (and you) went through. From that perspective it's all panned out well, despite it being a painful one for us.

To those here hating on Chelsea regarding the ESL: please remember that it was us who toppled the first domino and withdrew first, and also remember that if Leicester do ever join the 'elite' (whatever that is - I know Arsenal and Spurs aren't) then you'd have likely joined also, and for the same reasons as we did, ie in order to not get left behind. My two sons and I were outside our ground that Tuesday before the Brighton game protesting the ESL, and we were heard (we'd like to think). Football fans stood together against the ESL.

Tomorrow's game is a difficult one to call. I believe your lads will be a little empty due to the euphoria of the weekend. One thing you can guarantee is that from a Chelsea perspective we'll be highly motivated. VAR landed on your side on Saturday (not your fault of course), so unless you're counting on another dodgy handball assisted goal* and an offside frame that freezes the play just late enough to judge Chilly's arm offiside*, you're going to have to up it a bit boys!

*Banter, of course. On the day it was a tale of two keepers (or maybe one superb keeper and one lad wearing GK outfit trying very hard to appear like a GK), and a resolute defensive performance helped no end by the quality of your attacking players who our coach rightly points out are one of the best counter-attacking outfits in Europe. Oh, and VAR.. did I mention that? :D

Congrats on the Cup!  Really genuinely happy for you all. :clap:

Nice comments are always welcome from opposing fans.

It will be a tough game, asking to beat you three times in a season is a tall order.... I’d take a draw in a heart beat, I think we will be plucky and we will be there to compete.. naturally having millions of pounds worth of talent to pick from is going to help your cause on the night. 

It will be a crying shame if we fall at this hurdle again, but I think we will draw, Liverpool will drop points to Burnley and we will both win our final games.... if much rather you than Liverpool get CL football, I can’t stand the Liverpool fans.....

Finally, with Chilly, seriously thanks for the £50m..... I’m sorry to say we have absolutely had you with that one.... Kante is still a boy though, won’t ever not love that guy. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Adster said:

I think you're right. Our supporter base (ie the season ticket lot mainly) are mostly shite these days. Plus we are a bit entitled as a fan base these days, unlike your lot who turned up at Wembley barely able to contain their excitement.

A few years back my sons and I were in the Matthew Harding Lower (home end for us these days) and someone actually asked my son to stop singing as apparently 'we don't sing in this section'. WTF?!!  We try to get away tickets where we can these days. Too many plastic tw@ts at home. Count yourself lucky that your club hasn't gone 'corporate' as yet.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Their support is comfortably up there with some of the worse in the league, both home and away. 

I don't think having fans in will make a difference in this one, hopefully it works in our favour if anything.

I disagree. I've been to Stamford Bridge several times in the home end, mostly during Champions League games and local derbies against Arsenal & Spurs. Their support is pretty decent imo. I was there when they battered Arsenal 6-0 in Wenger's 1000th game, and I was at Wembley when they beat Spurs 5-1 in the FA Cup semi final. Great atmosphere both times.

57 minutes ago, ASHCFC said:

To those here hating on Chelsea regarding the ESL: please remember that it was us who toppled the first domino and withdrew first, and also remember that if Leicester do ever join the 'elite' (whatever that is - I know Arsenal and Spurs aren't) then you'd have likely joined also, and for the same reasons as we did, ie in order to not get left behind.

Eh?  We're probably the only club in England that you can't reasonably use the "you'd've done it if it was you" argument on.  It wasn't that long ago we were the only dissenting voice in the 19-1 vote for £15 PPV matches.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Eh?  We're probably the only club in England that you can't reasonably use the "you'd've done it if it was you" argument on.  It wasn't that long ago we were the only dissenting voice in the 19-1 vote for £15 PPV matches.

Not looking for an argument on club morality.

I think where Leicester are atm is a really nice balance for fans and club. However, if you really want to push on and be a fixture in the top 4 you're going to have to sell a little part of your soul like everyone else. Either that or you'll be just under that level. You can't have it both ways. No one can.

• Like 2