Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Chelsea away, Tues 18th May (For Ric Flair)

I'm thinking it's probably better to be away for this crucial fixture. I'm not sure how Chelsea will react on their home turf tomorrow to their cup defeat by us so soon after but it will be a tense game I sense, particularly with the very real Liverpool threat now in the mix all of a sudden. We need either or Burnley and Crystal Palace to do us a big favour against Liverpool - or for Villa to do one for us against Chelsea at Villa Park. Again though, with empty stadiums, pretty much all team's home form has been rocky all season long and lest we forget, it can be fatal relying on other teams to help us out in such times! 

5 minutes ago, Guy said:

I'm thinking it's probably better to be away for this crucial fixture. I'm not sure how Chelsea will react on their home turf tomorrow to their cup defeat by us so soon after but it will be a tense game I sense, particularly with the very real Liverpool threat now in the mix all of a sudden. We need either or Burnley and Crystal Palace to do us a big favour against Liverpool - or for Villa to do one for us against Chelsea at Villa Park. Again though, with empty stadiums, pretty much all team's home form has been rocky all season long and lest we forget, it can be fatal relying on other teams to help us out in such times! 

A lot of pissed of Chelsea fans after Saturday from what I've been hearing, so being at home with some fans in there may work against them, especially if they struggle early on. They will have missed the fans supporting them, but not them getting on their back when not playing well! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Guy said:

Burnley and Villa will have fans 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jerry said:

so we need the Champions League to sustain obscene wages and transfer fees having been praised for not being one of the greedy big 6 ! Europa League and a sensible budget are fine by me. Coming Fourth in the Premier , sorry can't get excited by that. Shame the format of the European Cup was altered due to commercial reasons but that says everything about current trends. Will always support my team regardless and just happy to have won the League and Cup which I never thought possible.🏆

Like you I dont want to Force any of those considered Financial needs to achieve CL

Sensible Budget ,looking for those Wide spectrum of gems like , Mahrez,Vardy ,Soyuncu, Evans,Maddison,

then dipping into our own or other clubs young talents...Barnes,Thomas, Choudhury,Justin, Add then the occasional young Gems that have potential,

and will give us a return of Talent over 2-5+ years....Like Tielemans, and Fofana. Kante ( 1 season)

We have been clever, with Ndidi,Praet,Perez,Castagna, Albrighton, Morgan,Mendy,Nacho,Fuchs,Ricardo

I Hope we can hold a balance that sees us competing & challenging for European spots...

IMO if we Slip sometimes around 9-6th that can be carried, if we can push ,Elbow ourselves  continually into those 7-5th positions, it will occasionally

See us competing & challenging for those 2-4th,  & Not so loud the title.   It will be always be a Great season..Like these last 2 seasons..

Its reality for me,  its the 'challenging & competing '. & still Take us deep into the

EOS, giving us a fair Crack of those top 6 places...That means achieving..!!

I want that, occasional title, that cup, that CL qualification, I also know & recognise ,  We will Never thankfully have the Finances to Mix it every season

among the Top 4, we will do well to "consistently" push for Top 5-7...

So 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

Harsh.  How do we know how good he is?  270 minutes spread over a handful of games.  He came with a big reputation and was never given a chance.  If all we want from a winger is a defensive contribution we might as well play Hamza or Mendy there.

True he hasn’t had a really good chance but you can just tell. He’s miles off it here. 

• Like 1

Can't say I have too much confidence for this one (After Saturday, I think I can cope with that).

Chelsea have the ability to make 7/8 changes and not really be any weaker. I think we have to make changes, a lot of players will be physically and emotionally drained.

Can see Ricardo, Amartey, Mendy, Praet & Maddison all coming in.

Kasper

Amartey Fofana Soyuncu

Ricardo Praet Mendy Tielemans Castagne 

Maddison

Iheanacho

Vardy, Albrighton & Perez all to appear from the bench but I think we will look at Spurs being must win, and a point from this being a great result.

• Like 1

I'm surprised to see how many people have chosen Ricardo, given how far off it he looks since his return and how well Albrighton played in the cup final. 

I personally think Castagne slots in at RCB, Fofana moves into the middle to deal with Werner or Havertz and Albrighton comes in for Evans.

The only big decision Rodgers has is Perez or Maddison

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

I know this isn't the thread for it but I get the feeling top would be up for this,( even if only for the pr/commercial angle {great idea btw}), and we as fans would happily leave them to it to a large extent, sucky is our rightful trust in them.

...we have seen enough on this forum that, perhaps, that is not quite true!!!

The 50+1 (German model) would in all instances connect the club and supporters, to some degree even more but why do we need a contract to continue to trust the owners. 

What they have said is exactly what they have done.

We cannot be so ungrateful that someone gives us such a gift and we look across the way and are envious that others have more. The big six are are not (in their outlook and deeds) supporters of football, its history and moreover its legacy. Just because a few have a jaundiced eye regarding the game, we cannot taint everyone with the same malaise. 

• Like 2

It's going to be

Kaspar

Timmy Fofana Soyunchu

Albrighton.                                    Thomas

N'didi

Tielemans.       Madison

Nachoman.    Vardy

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

The quintessential Leicester fan's wet dream of a team packed full of #grafters and #legends. 

Schmeichel

Amartey

Fofana

Morgan

Fuchs

Hamza

Mendy

Ndidi

Albrighton

Perez

Vardy

What the hell is that. That team gives me Porto away vibes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I'm surprised to see how many people have chosen Ricardo, given how far off it he looks since his return and how well Albrighton played in the cup final. 

I personally think Castagne slots in at RCB, Fofana moves into the middle to deal with Werner or Havertz and Albrighton comes in for Evans.

And also whether Rodgers thinks Vardy can keep putting in shifts.  Might have to be benched and come on at 60 mins. 

1 hour ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Has to be Maddison. This is his chance his game. Been out for a while, Southgate will more than likely be there, he spanks one in, in the dying moments to win it, he’s on the plane..... wherever that plane is going in the summer....

1 hour ago, LVocey said:

Can't say I have too much confidence for this one (After Saturday, I think I can cope with that).

Chelsea have the ability to make 7/8 changes and not really be any weaker. I think we have to make changes, a lot of players will be physically and emotionally drained.

Kasper

Amartey Fofana Soyuncu

Maddison

Iheanacho

Vardy, Albrighton & Perez all to appear from the bench but I think we will look at Spurs being must win, and a point from this being a great result.

Hmmm you didn't see the Arsenal game clearly they are now stuck between two options playing less fresh better players, or playing a team that struggled against Arsenal, I don't now expect 7 changes, maybe 3-4 at most. 

Who’s hangover will be worse after Saturday? Ours because of the booze and how it affects recovery? Or theirs because I bet they’re still haunted by it? An early goal for us could see their heads go down. Let’s hope so. I think we’re going to beat them again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LVocey said:

Kasper

Amartey Fofana Soyuncu

Maddison

Iheanacho

So we’ll have a stronger side then?  Go on big Dan the pennant throwing man!  You done gonna steamroller deez nuts. Tri corned hat please. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING else will do. 

I mean it’s not sniffingfuchs but I’m trying. 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Highly doubt Chelsea fans are gonna be the 12th man lol

Let's do the business here boys :scarf:

Their support is comfortably up there with some of the worse in the league, both home and away. 

I don't think having fans in will make a difference in this one, hopefully it works in our favour if anything.

• Like 2