Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Samuele Ricci

19 year old Italian centre mid who plays for Empoli in Serie B - Would cost €15m

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-ready-to-put-fee-requested-by-club-for-arsenal-target-foxes-pushing-for-signing/

Leicester ‘ready’ to put requested fee on table – And beat Arsenal to summer signing

On April 20th, TuttoMercatoWeb reported Leicester City and Arsenal have their eyes on Samuele Ricci and have held talks with the Empoli midfielder’s agent, Federico Pastorello.

Italian newspaper La Nazione, in their online edition, once again relays these claims and then provides fresh development on this case.

With the Foxes and the north London club ‘negotiating for days’ with the 19-year-old’s representative, the newly promoted Serie A side have set a price to open the door for the player’s sale.

Empoli’s request for the Italy U21 international is €15m and as per the report, the FA Cup winners would be ahead of the Gunners in the chase.

It’s claimed Brendan Rodgers’ side ‘would be ready to put the amount requested’ by the Italian club on the table to secure the teenager’s signature.

Operating in midfield, Ricci has been a regular figure during the recently concluded season for Empoli. He made 33 Serie B appearances, managing two goals and four assists in the process.

Leicester are pushing for the player and with the Foxes ready to make an offer, they could beat Arsenal in the race for Ricci.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

He’s an Italian midfielder in the “regista” style and very similar to Manuel Locatelli who we’ve been linked with previously in the past. All this chat does make me think Youri’s had a change of heart. 

But if Choudhury, Praet and Mendy all go, then we need 2 replacements + KDH just to have the same numbers.

Just now, MGLCFC said:

But if Choudhury, Praet and Mendy all go, then we need 2 replacements + KDH just to have the same numbers.

For me there’s no chance all of them go tbh. I’d say Hamza and Praet are most likely, Mendy‘a unlikely to leave as Brendan trusts him to do a job and he’s happy to be second fiddle to Wilf unlike the other two who both want more game time. 

7 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

He’s an Italian midfielder in the “regista” style and very similar to Manuel Locatelli who we’ve been linked with previously in the past. All this chat does make me think Youri’s had a change of heart. 

Can’t see us signing Ricci to replace Youri in the immediate future, would be a stupid move to make

Just now, UniFox21 said:

To me seems like we're planning for his leaving in the future, you don't replace him with a 19yr old 

No but we’ve got Kiernan who Brendan absolutely loves, plus Soumare coming in. Not saying Ricci will definitely be here but we definitely seem to be enquiring more about midfielders than previous.  

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

For me there’s no chance all of them go tbh. I’d say Hamza and Praet are most likely, Mendy‘a unlikely to leave as Brendan trusts him to do a job and he’s happy to be second fiddle to Wilf unlike the other two who both want more game time. 

Well I think Choudhury and Praet are almost certain to leave. Mendy maybe not, but if BR has stated we need more physical presence, then I don't think Mendy can offer that.

Just now, Stadt said:

Seems stylistically quite similar to Soumare.

Strange, because in that highlight reel there are movements that really remind of Maddison (albeit Maddison with an initial burst of pace)

The little shimmy before the cross at 7:46 is pure Madders.

25 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Strange, because in that highlight reel there are movements that really remind of Maddison (albeit Maddison with an initial burst of pace)

The little shimmy before the cross at 7:46 is pure Madders.

Also, his set pieces were ranked at 4/10....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Depends if he’s mustard. I thought £30m + was too much for Fofana, now I look stupid lol

35 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I thought Tarkowski was the better option lol

I thought Musa was going to be a great signing!

• Haha 1

If he's looked upon to be a credible future replacement for Tielemans then I think it's a very sensible move. Even if Youri stays on for next season I can't help thinking that he's on borrowed time with us.

Guest Bert Fill
4 hours ago, AKCJ said:

This speech is my recital, I think it's very vital
To rock (a rhyme), that's right (on time)
It's Ricci is the title, here we go...

lol

but won’t it be pronounced ‘Reechy’?