Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He's a good player at this level but he's got loads to improve upon. Struggling to think of a big game this year he's made an impact on. Cov at home?

Leeds away he was superb.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Don't like him on the right side of central midfield. We looked horribly imbalanced with him and Fatawu trying to create passing angles for each other.

Shame as he was immense vs Leeds.

Completely agree, should be on the left everytime. I hate it when we make changes to players and then also move existing players positions too.. it just creates what's happened today.. noone having a clue what they're doing.. including Enzo.

My worry... IF we scrape over the line and get promoted is the expectation people seem to have on KDH being some form of talisman.. he had a full season in the prem and we got relegated..  he's just one of those players that's a cut above in the championship but isn't premier league imo

Isn't getting talked about much, but I thought he was poor tonight. Got into some good positions in the final 3rd at times and his final ball was terrible. Sloppy at times and also looked tired and leggy, which is understandable given he's one of our only fit midfielders and is been expected to play 90 mins every games except the cup. 

Hes been our main man most of this season and we really need him back to his best in these last 10 games. 

• Like 2

Just now, jayfox26 said:

Isn't getting talked about much, but I thought he was poor tonight. Got into some good positions in the final 3rd at times and his final ball was terrible. Sloppy at times and also looked tired and leggy, which is understandable given he's one of our only fit midfielders and is been expected to play 90 mins every games except the cup. 

Hes been our main man most of this season and we really need him back to his best in these last 10 games. 

He's definitely struggling. Passes are largely awful. Remember a promising move in the 1st half and massively overhit a straightforward pass to Mavididi.  Seems to take 3 touches to get himself into the right body shape. I really miss that hungry pressing machine.

Arse end of a long season. He's probably playing with a few niggles, putting himself under a load of pressure and desperately trying not to get injured. 

Glad it's not just me. Looks like he's started believing the hype from early season that he's the best player in the league and he's been poor since the Brighton links in the transfer window. He is a damn good player, but he's stopped doing the things that made him stand out. As others say, we really need him back to his best which is relentless running and making good choices on the ball. He's way off that at the moment for whatever reason.

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Jaded is the word. Same for Winks. Barely had a break and they doing a lot of the running in the team

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Wish our coach could get him to attempt using his weaker foot more often 

Never seen a central midfielder be so one footed and make it as far as he has in football.

It must be so easy for a top defender to neutralise him - just show him onto his right foot and all he can do is try that swivel move he does to spin back to his left foot.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

100% all looked jaded.

We just need to get though Hull and them come back with a bang after the break.

Enzo's best work has been in the international breaks too with certain players and tweaks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

His game management at the end was truly pathetic, in the last minute he lost the ball twice on the wing then booted it straight at their player in central midfield giving them a golden chance at the end, lucky for us their player chose to dive rather than to shoot.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Enzo's best work has been in the international breaks too with certain players and tweaks.

Are Nigeria playing, could do with Wilf getting some minutes.

He's definitely a training ground coach

On 13/02/2024 at 23:35, Nod.E said:

Most improved player of the season for me.

His goal involvement numbers have been good all season, but his all round performances are there to match now, too. 

It's not a popular opinion, and most people don't tend to take notice when he's scoring or assisting most games, but he was stinking the place out with his performances for much of this season.

I'm struggling to put my finger on when exactly the turning point was, but for the past month or two it seems like he's passing the ball with much more intent. His passes are crisp and find their target, he's not misplacing the simple 'ticking over, Winks-style' passes, and even his touch seems to have improved. 

I'd still like to see him improve his footwork to help him find his way out of tight situations under pressure, but credit where it's due, he's really turned it around.

I was previously happy for him to leave in summer, cash in and re-invest. Now? I'm not so sure. Glad it's not my decision to make!

Pretty much ever since I posted this he's gone back to being total shite. 

I don't think he'll ever be tidy or consistent enough to turn out consistently for a top half Prem side.

And for us next season? It's a tough one because his goal contributions have been huge for us this season, but I'm back to thinking I'd like to see us cash in on him for some much-needed funds to help us to rebuild.

I think his poor passing and control in there is a huge factor as to why we fail to control games at the moment. You look at those two glaring weaknesses in his game and for me it's attributable to our lack of chance creation (at the moment), and our inability to see games out.

I suppose you could say that when he plays well, Leicester play well. He's in shocking form and we look awful for it. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

This is the most heartening thing I have read on here for a while.

• Like 1