Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Only if we agreed to sell him. You seem to ignore that part. 

I was questioning a comment about him being a one club player, a Fox until he dies. 

We might resist any hypothetical sale, but everyone has their price. But that's irrelevant to the point I was making.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He's not that level yet. Still questions for him to answer at pl level.

I think the claims that he's not PL level (or PL proven or whatever) are a bit ridiculous. He was arguably our second best player in 21/22 when we finished 8th and he performed well in EL and the conference league against teams like Napoli, PSV, Rennes etc.

If youre basing it on last season then yes he was substandard but players like Tielemans and Catagne were also below the standard for staying up and they're PL level.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

You do realise his move to Fulham broke down on the last day of the summer transfer window? Paulina(sp?) Fell through going to Bayern. 

McAtee was at our TG as the replacement.

We didn’t accept Fulham’s bid so I would hardly say that it “broke down”

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

If we are introuble over FFP when we have sold Fofana, Maddison, Barnes and Castnage for a collective 150m over too season we are in real trouble.

Precisely, if we're still in trouble we've hugely mismanaged the finances and are likely in massive trouble. 

Laughable the FFP is creating more problems than it's really solved

Seems a bit of a strange one if any of the above is true. Bear in mind we still spent a decent amount of money in the summer, as well as potentially committed to signing Yunus and Fatawu while having a staggering wage bill at this level.

We do need to get ourselves out of the cycle of the Macquary loans though.

18 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He's not that level yet. Still questions for him to answer at pl level.

Granted, being one footed holds him back a little but there's been a lot of good one footed players over the years.

He has great energy about him with a proven Goal threat which would certainly suit Liverpool who play a high tempo game.

It's not likely to happen now as they'er well covered in that area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is crazy that there haven’t been more comments on this thread about his very good numbers this season.

Top work KDH and even more impressive when consider he hasn’t had a no.8 partner also picking up similar numbers.

Edited by SafewayFox

Most improved player of the season for me.

His goal involvement numbers have been good all season, but his all round performances are there to match now, too. 

It's not a popular opinion, and most people don't tend to take notice when he's scoring or assisting most games, but he was stinking the place out with his performances for much of this season.

I'm struggling to put my finger on when exactly the turning point was, but for the past month or two it seems like he's passing the ball with much more intent. His passes are crisp and find their target, he's not misplacing the simple 'ticking over, Winks-style' passes, and even his touch seems to have improved. 

I'd still like to see him improve his footwork to help him find his way out of tight situations under pressure, but credit where it's due, he's really turned it around.

I was previously happy for him to leave in summer, cash in and re-invest. Now? I'm not so sure. Glad it's not my decision to make!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

He was shite at Watford, improved today.

Yes, Possibly carrying a knock. But he was back to his best last night in his best position in the 10 role. 

I just love the way him Winks and Ricardo break out of the press with such ease and fluidity. Sometimes using JJ or Faes also and setting up Mav or Fatawua.

It's so slick and incisive and getting better game by game.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

It is crazy that there haven’t been more comments on this thread about his very good numbers this season.

Top work KDH and even more impressive when consider he hasn’t had a no.8 partner also picking up similar numbers.

I agree, I wasn't a massive fan of his last season and was a bit sceptical going into this season, but I'll be voting him POTY this season. He's won us more matches than any other player. Yet despite him getting all the numbers, he's almost become massively underrated by our fanbase this season, as they want to praise more consistent but less match-winning players like Winks or Vestergaard more (nothing wrong with praising those but there's a point where it swings too far the other way in terms of favouring consistency over match-winning moments).

• Like 4

Has come on so much this season in fact I'd say this is a break out season for KDH  I didn't rate him at all last season but this year he's a key man and playing like every inch of one. He has the swagger too which can't be taught. I think he's going to shine in the top league next year.

• Like 3

On 21/01/2024 at 23:12, Costock_Fox said:

Seems a bit of a strange one if any of the above is true. Bear in mind we still spent a decent amount of money in the summer, as well as potentially committed to signing Yunus and Fatawu while having a staggering wage bill at this level.

We do need to get ourselves out of the cycle of the Macquary loans though.

This is exactly what I can't understand as well.

You don't spend that amount in summer and agree to loan deals with obligation to buy or clauses if certain games are played to buy if and then suddenly realised you're screwed for FFP. 

I think in summer the amount of funds freed up just from the wage budget will allow more than enough room for signings. I don't expect us to make any sales of first team players. They'll just try and shift Kristensen, Soumare, Ward, Iversen etc