Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

I've criticised him a lot, especially in the PL as I don't think he's anywhere near that level, but at this level he's been superb. Even still, with people saying he's been poor, he's the only midfielder that drives us forward. He was class at Leeds, and should have left the game with at least one assist, and then they were all poor at QPR. Probably should have come away from Sunderland with an assist too.

Yet compare to Winks who has been giving the ball away a lot yet nobody criticises him.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

On 05/03/2024 at 23:13, Kierzz said:

Never seen a central midfielder be so one footed and make it as far as he has in football.

It must be so easy for a top defender to neutralise him - just show him onto his right foot and all he can do is try that swivel move he does to spin back to his left foot.

I don't get this, people always say this about left footed players. Right footed players seem to get a free pass with it. If you watch most players they use their dominant foot more and rarely use the weaker one. Madison for example used to pass with the outside of his right boot rather than the "easier" left foot. It just looks more one footed on a left footer because you notice the use of the left foot. 

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, The Quick Brown Fox said:

I don't get this, people always say this about left footed players. Right footed players seem to get a free pass with it. If you watch most players they use their dominant foot more and rarely use the weaker one. Madison for example used to pass with the outside of his right boot rather than the "easier" left foot. It just looks more one footed on a left footer because you notice the use of the left foot. 

Good article from The Athletic about it all

Some of the best players in the Prem are incredibly one footed, just like KDH

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Am I the only one bothered that they put the left foot on the right side of the graph and the right foot on the left side?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Death by Football said:

Am I the only one bothered that they put the left foot on the right side of the graph and the right foot on the left side?

No, it's bugging me now you brought it up 😂

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Death by Football said:

Maybe it was made by someone who was left-handed? :P 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Being solely one footed isn't always a huge issue, it's how they're then able to use their body, touch etc to remove that weakness.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Death by Football said:

It's because the graph is facing you.

So the one on the left is actually the right foot.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

Maybe it was made by someone who was left-handed? :P 

Those left handers are contortionists.  Remember how they used to write all cack handed at school, arm bent around the page.😂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I've criticised him a lot, especially in the PL as I don't think he's anywhere near that level, but at this level he's been superb. Even still, with people saying he's been poor, he's the only midfielder that drives us forward. He was class at Leeds, and should have left the game with at least one assist, and then they were all poor at QPR. Probably should have come away from Sunderland with an assist too.

Yet compare to Winks who has been giving the ball away a lot yet nobody criticises him.

Pretty much agree with everything. Wasn’t his biggest fan last season but he’s carried us for large parts of this season then gets way underpraised for it on free but criticised at the first sign of poor performances. Meanwhile Winks gets way more praised despite being nowhere near as big a match winner and any of his poor performances get completely ignored and overlooked: it’s bizarre: 

• Like 3

I think anything over £30m is probably fair, try and push it higher obviously but I don't think he will ever be more than a Lower half premier league player. He has a couple of really good attributes but also some pretty hampering weaknesses.

9 hours ago, The Quick Brown Fox said:

Next time you watch KDH just count the amount of times he touches it with his right and also the amount of times he spins back to his left foot.

Maddison used his left foot way more than KDH using his right. Maddison even scored quite a few on his left foot.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Being solely one footed isn't always a huge issue, it's how they're then able to use their body, touch etc to remove that weakness.

This is it, the fact KDH has to do a literal 180 spin to get in a comfortable position for him to pass is mental.

6 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think anything over £30m is probably fair, try and push it higher obviously but I don't think he will ever be more than a Lower half premier league player. He has a couple of really good attributes but also some pretty hampering weaknesses.

Fair?! That’s way more than he’ll ever be worth, as good as he’s been and improved this season. 

12 hours ago, The Quick Brown Fox said:

Lemme guess, you’re a leftie? :ph34r:

7 hours ago, Kierzz said:

Next time you watch KDH just count the amount of times he touches it with his right and also the amount of times he spins back to his left foot.

Maddison used his left foot way more than KDH using his right. Maddison even scored quite a few on his left foot.

I will do. If you chose any other player and watch how many times they twist and turn to get back onto their preferred foot. It is not only a KDH thing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Quick Brown Fox said:

I will do. If you chose any other player and watch how many times they twist and turn to get back onto their preferred foot. It is not only a KDH thing. 

I think it’s a really good discussion to bring out as I’ve been overly critical about his one footedness.

However, the comparison with Madders using his right foot more whilst has truth in it is also either giving KDH too much credit or discrediting Maddison.

Madders definitely used BOTH feet to do the simple things and as others have pointed out he even scored a couple with his left…KDH on the other hand when has the ball on his right has the one option of swiveling to get it back on his left hence the frustration, it’s almost too easy to defend as so one dimensional/predictable.

The attacking down our left hand side has been a disgrace in 2024. 

Watching KDH & Mavididi is like watching dumb and dumber. Shoot when they should pass, pass when they should shoot, terrible weight of passes, don’t track back and just tumbling over so easily throwing their hands around all game. Sick of them at the minute 

I don't understand the harsh criticism of KDH in here.

He hit the post, he was part of a lot of our good stuff going forward.

Also, it's pretty hard to shine when the ref won't penalise the opposition for doing greco-roman wrestling on you down by the corner flag.

It's also difficult to shine when you are trying to link with Mavididi who was busy on holiday in Coyles pocket.

By all means disagree with me, but I thought KDH had a solid away performance today and he was far from the cause of lost points today.

:dunno:

• Like 3