Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group D: England, Croatia, Scotland, Czech Republic

1 minute ago, Rain King said:

Craig Brown on Sky Sports News last week saying he really believes they'll win it and doesn't think there are many better teams than Scotland on their day.

I think Scotland have improved over the last year or so, but yes that is crazy talk. 

12 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Do you think you will play and 8-1-1 formation on Friday or the rather adventurous 7-2-1?

Not really sure to be honest....

You think your fans will bother to try and create an atmosphere or no? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Scotland are better than they have been in years.

But the bar *was* fairly low.

If England aren't on it from the start, Scotland are capable of getting something, but I still expect England to win fairly well.

9 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Craig Brown on Sky Sports News last week saying he really believes they'll win it and doesn't think there are many better teams than Scotland on their day.

There has been an arrogance not that far from Ally's Tartan Army in the last few weeks. Perhaps they are going to be unbeatable on Friday but on that showing its very doubtful. 

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

To be fair, your fans were silent after the 2nd went in and some even booed at the final whistle lol

Hey, it's better than getting on their backs before a ball os kicked. That's how you lot operate is it naw? 

It's all good though.... I'm sure you'll get behind the team in the later stages like you usually do. 

8 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Scotland are better than they have been in years.

But the bar *was* fairly low.

Remember the 2-2 draw in the Faroe Islands with Berti Vogts as manager and Dickov playing right wing lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

Hey, it's better than getting on their backs before a ball os kicked. That's how you lot operate is it naw? 

It's all good though.... I'm sure you'll get behind the team in the later stages like you usually do. 

It's odd that you criticise the England support though, on many occasions at major tournaments, we've had more fans in the stadium than the opposition, even when playing a host nation.

I guess you've not really had much interest in them for a while though, or past the first 10 days lol

Enjoy your cup final.

I'm not really bothered about it to be honest.

I can’t see Scotland bouncing back from this. They really needed to win today and a loss is a major kick in the nads.

Wouldn't be surprised if they lose all three now tbh.

14 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

It's odd that you criticise the England support though, on many occasions at major tournaments, we've had more fans in the stadium than the opposition, even when playing a host nation.

I guess you've not really had much interest in them for a while though, or past the first 10 days lol

Enjoy your cup final.

I'm not really bothered about it to be honest.

Spoken like a true English man. 

Listen, we are shite. We know this but we follow our team with pride and as a fan, that's all you can do. The players will do what they do on the pitch wether your fans are in the stadium or outside it, terrorising the locals. 

Edited by Foxy_Bear

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

There has been an arrogance not that far from Ally's Tartan Army in the last few weeks. Perhaps they are going to be unbeatable on Friday but on that showing its very doubtful. 

Scotland got through the back door, and only have wins in 90 minutes against Luxembourg and Faroe Islands in like the last 10 or so games… I’m surprised about that arrogance from some. Anyway good luck to them but they were given a tough lesson today no doubt. 

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

I want Gareth Southgate to be giving it the usual "No easy games at this level" guff, whilst telling his team in private to grind them into the dirt.

Said like a man who has had to watch an England game in a Scottish pub. Been there and I'm in full agreement.

Don't want to say too much, as I have quite a bit of respect for foxy_bear on here (genuinely), but I'd take any win against Scotland, the bigger the better though. Unsurprisingly, I still think they'll give us a good game. Lot of prem players and WBA did beat Man City this season, so it's possible. And no, I'm not really comparing England to Man City. I'd just be surprised if we steamrollered them. It's possible, but it doesn't often happen.

Enjoy your night mate, Glasgow is yours tonight, (I'm sure you don't need this advice, but probably best to eat at home lol)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Initial disappointment wore off. 

Thought we had a decent enough go but simply not good enough. 

Just proud I got to watch my team at a major tournament and chuffed for the boys that they got to experience a good atmosphere before having to play at Wembly. 

Nice one Foxy. Stand proud. 

To be fair, Hampden did sound great for 15 minutes or so, which was 15 minutes more than Wembley. You're a Scotland fan, you know all isn't lost yet. There'll be an 94th minute goal somewhere in another group match after all your games have finished that knocks you out. It's the Scottish way :P

Hard luck on today though, thought the Czechs were better, but you had your chances, particularly the Robertson one. I'm old enough to not expect us to hammer you on Friday. You'll definitely have your moments. If you can take one, who knows mate..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rain King said:

I was on a football course (as a kid) in Largs in the 80's. It comprised Andy Roxburgh, Craig Brown and someone called Jim McSherry, from memory.

Roxburgh was brilliant, very informative, dealt with a bunch of 13/14 year olds in a caring way, getting his message across.

Craig Brown was a twot, completely full of himself and utterly useless in communicating. That was obvious, even to a child.

Wasn't it Brown that capped Matty Elliott and practically the first time Elliott set foot on Scottish soil was at Hampden? Always having a sly dig at England whilst filling his team of more English players than any manager before. No time for Craig Brown at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

I was on a football course (as a kid) in Largs in the 80's. It comprised Andy Roxburgh, Craig Brown and someone called Jim McSherry, from memory.

Roxburgh was brilliant, very informative, dealt with a bunch of 13/14 year olds in a caring way, getting his message across.

Craig Brown was a twot, completely full of himself and utterly useless in communicating. That was obvious, even to a child.

Wasn't it Brown that capped Matty Elliott and practically the first time Elliott set foot on Scottish soil was at Hampden? Always having a sly dig at England whilst filling his team of more English players than any manager before. No time for Craig Brown at all.

Small world mate, I'm from Largs. 

• Like 1

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

Small world mate, I'm from Largs. 

It's the only time I've been there in my life mate. Seemed a lovely little town but I was 13 and sneaking out of the residence all week with the other lads on the course to chase girls lol

Did win the free kick competition with an outside of the foot wonder goal to the top corner. Roxburgh was genuinely impressed. Sadly, that probably remains my best claim to fame more than 40 years later.

Went home after a week, discovered booze and cigarettes about a year later and the rest is history..

• Haha 1