Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group F: Hungary, Portugal, France, Germany

I thought France were in second gear tonight. Perfectly happy to hold onto the 1-0, pretty much knowing that the Germans wouldn’t break them down

If they need to go out and win a game with a more attacking display I think they’ll just up a gear or two 

7 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I thought France were in second gear tonight. Perfectly happy to hold onto the 1-0, pretty much knowing that the Germans wouldn’t break them down

If they need to go out and win a game with a more attacking display I think they’ll just up a gear or two 

Their strength in depth is frightening. There isn’t a team that can touch them on form in this tournament….. I imagine they will get better as it goes on. Absolute nailed on to win it I think.

Germany should have let Flick take over immediately instead of giving Löw a last hurrah. They've been a mess for a while now. I mean Volland looks like a competition winner. 

France would be incredible with a decent manager given their squad. Deschamps is a fruitcake. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not sure you'd get any joy telling Miroslav Klose, and definitely not his father, that they're not German. 

Probably not.

Polish people did support that German team though and were very proud of Klose and Podolski.

On 15/06/2021 at 23:19, spacemunky said:

Germany haven't been the same since they lost their Polish imports.

Gerd Mullerski

Franz Beckenbauerski

Lothar Mateusz

We were much better back then!

Not many countries have a squad of players with no "foreign" roots. The English team has always been pretty diverse. However, I don't understand the Laporte swap? That's almost as ridiculous as the rugby union rules. If you have sniffed a country's air you can represent them.

On 16/06/2021 at 10:35, The Bear said:

Germany should have let Flick take over immediately instead of giving Löw a last hurrah. They've been a mess for a while now. I mean Volland looks like a competition winner. 

France would be incredible with a decent manager given their squad. Deschamps is a fruitcake. 

Loew should have gone 2016 after the EUROs. Let someone else rebuild. He's just desperate to prove there is more than 2014.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Gerd Mullerski

Franz Beckenbauerski

Lothar Mateusz

We were much better back then!

Not many countries have a squad of players with no "foreign" roots. The English team has always been pretty diverse. However, I don't understand the Laporte swap? That's almost as ridiculous as the rugby union rules. If you have sniffed a country's air you can represent them.

I'm Canadian, so I know about roots!

Our best football player was born in Ghana. I'm very happy though that Alphonso Davies parents decided to move here when he was five.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spacemunky said:

I'm Canadian, so I know about roots!

Our best football player was born in Ghana. I'm very happy though that Alphonso Davies parents decided to move here when he was five.

Very different in 2020 world than it was 20-30 years ago (and before). Great snap up, shame he didn't join the German team but we did get Musiala which was good. England have way too much talent so he thought he would have more chance with Germany although likely less chance of winning anything.

• Like 1

I would love to see Hungary hold onto this lead.

I wasn't keen on watching French players rotate fouling the hell out of (Adam) Szalai, with or without making plays on the ball.  Oliver ignoring it.  A (successful) tactic of knocking Hungary's main goal threat out of the game. 

If you have far greater talent than your opponent, why be so cynical.