Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Fifa 22

15 minutes ago, Kyuubi said:

Haven't been able to play much, do you need to get 1500 champs points before attempting the play offs?

Yup then if you enter the quals and fail to qualify (5 wins needed) you then have to grind the 1500 points again!

• Thanks 1

After doing well with the quals only losing the 1 game which was a dc whilst being comfortably in the lead with 10 in game mins to go I felt a little more confident heading into champs…. It’s not been fun so far though 3/3 after last nights games and I’m contemplating switching to the old gen version to see if that makes things any better lol 5 wins out of my last 14 would be the dream! If I do get that with any games remaining I’ll be handing out more free Ws lol 

If you fancy a bit of fun, build a silver team and do the Silver objectives.

It is worth buying a team, I'm use this cost about 40k. 

It's even competitive against gold teams in the New Allegiance friendly mode, I've also managed to run some pretty good gold teams close in Div 3 rivals. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 14.20.26.png

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

If you fancy a bit of fun, build a silver team and do the Silver objectives.

It is worth buying a team, I'm use this cost about 40k. 

It's even competitive against gold teams in the New Allegiance friendly mode, I've also managed to run some pretty good gold teams close in Div 3 rivals. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 14.20.26.png

Nice team, I like to use the j league players too have a bit of fun.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, brookfox said:

Definitely not getting it this year. It’s 10 months grind only to throw it away. Ended fifa21 with a 197 fully packed squad having made about 30m coins trading so not bettering that. Plus it’s too tempting wfh in the same room as the Xbox.

In other news I got bored so ordered it on Sunday. Really like the gameplay so far, it’s not constantly defending against drag backs on the edge of the box. No trading for me this year and rubbish packs as rewards so just going to play a bit more casually. He says!

I’m hoping the new update that’s about to drop on console makes it one of the best Fifas for a while! Nerfing the finesse shots from ridiculous angles outside the box/buffing the keepers from them… whilst also nerfing the keepers a little bit from shots inside the box and we’re onto a winner… they tend to kill the game with the first patch though so I’m not that hopeful lol 

16 hours ago, brookfox said:

Definitely not getting it this year. It’s 10 months grind only to throw it away. Ended fifa21 with a 197 fully packed squad having made about 30m coins trading so not bettering that. Plus it’s too tempting wfh in the same room as the Xbox.

In other news I got bored so ordered it on Sunday. Really like the gameplay so far, it’s not constantly defending against drag backs on the edge of the box. No trading for me this year and rubbish packs as rewards so just going to play a bit more casually. He says!

lol!!

16 minutes ago, AaronH said:

Anyone got tips for shooting in the box, got smashed twice last night by average strikers hitting the back of the net every time. 

This might help, or it might not, but here is a tip to help with timed finishing which in this FIFA has a lot more reward if executed correctly.

Turn the trainer on in the customise menu in FIFA before you go on Ultimate Team, go in to a FUT game and pause, go in to the trainer menu option, set the mode to mechanics and turn off everything except finishing and then go back in to your match. Now for every match you will get the timed finishing bar when you take a shot, it will show you when to double tap to execute a timed finish shot.

Personally I’m still getting used to it and sometimes I confuse myself when I do it, which causes me to miss ‘easy’ finishes (red indicator), however when I do it right and get the green indicator it does seem to give the edge over the super keepers in this FIFA.

Hope that helps!

18 hours ago, AaronH said:

Anyone got tips for shooting in the box, got smashed twice last night by average strikers hitting the back of the net every time. 

This works for me.

It is easy to hit it straight the keeper, at a savable height.

Firstly balls rolls, fake shots will help. They open up the space/angle to hit it around the keeper rather than at him.

You will find moving the ball a little makes it harder for the keeper to save. I find opening up the angle really helps with finesse shots

They are also especially useful for 1-on-1, rather than slotting past the keeper, you can ball roll or fake shot around him and then have an empty net to aim at. 

Finishing is very situational. It is about choosing the right finish at the right time, chip, finesse, driven etc.

Work out what works best for different situations. So you have an idea in your mind what you are going to do when a shooting situation arises, for example. 

If it's a 1-on-1 in the box 9 times out of 10, I know im going to fake shot one way and slot it by the keeper. 

If it's outside the box, I'm going to chip him unless I notice my opponent doesn't commit his keeper, then I go back to the above. 

Same if there is not much room between the keeper and my player, I'm going to dink it last minute as I know he's going to block anything else due to his proximity 

Also, aim for the corners of the net like a player would in real life. Don't expect the player to do that for you automatically. 

Edited by coolhandfox