Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Bertrand signs

I always remember disliking him because he rejected us years ago for Reading and then said they were bigger than us lol

As always though, our player now so I'm fully behind him. A bit like Danny Simpson really for me, I never liked him until he signed for us and became a hero here!

Hopefully Thomas gets a good loan move though because I don't want to see him not get a game. We've got enough players to cover left back now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I always remember disliking him because he rejected us years ago for Reading and then said they were bigger than us lol

As always though, our player now so I'm fully behind him. A bit like Danny Simpson really for me, I never liked him until he signed for us and became a hero here!

Hopefully Thomas gets a good loan move though because I don't want to see him not get a game. We've got enough players to cover left back now.

I’m relatively young so could be wrong but have Reading ever been bigger than us?

As much as he falls into the “solid free transfer” bracket, I think we will be surprised as to how good he actually is. He was brilliant for Southampton the season before last.

Thomas to head out on loan?

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Life comes at you fast 

E5FB47BC-032E-427D-9F61-E6FD514DFACE.png

I always remembered!

14 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

A very shrewd signing.

Honestly couldn’t be happier with our business this summer!!

It’s quite feasible we’ve signed three first team starters, (until Christmas), for less than £40m up front. That’s simply phenomenal. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

Life comes at you fast 

E5FB47BC-032E-427D-9F61-E6FD514DFACE.png

2009/10 season

We beat them 1-0 at theirs and they won here 2-1, To be fair we had just come back up from L1 and they were recently Premier League

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LVocey said:

As much as he falls into the “solid free transfer” bracket, I think we will be surprised as to how good he actually is. He was brilliant for Southampton the season before last.

Thomas to head out on loan?

No chance. Thomas and Bertrand alternating depending on the opposition/competition. Also valuable experience in the dressing room and someone Thomas can learn from.

This is really good signing for us, we've lost a lot of experience with the departures of Morgan and Fuchs and he has vast experience of the Premier League, European and international football, a natural leader having captained Southampton and will give us natural balance in the squad with another left back option. People may cock a snook at his age or consider it to be an unambitious signing, but they are wrong. Really delighted with this and how we are shaping up for the new season.

• Like 1