Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Bertrand signs

23 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Certain players get fetishised and their errors are overlooked, whilst others get blamed and their virtues are ignored.

Exactly, doesn't mean i'm not thankful for what he did in the 3rd tier but that leeds header gave him some god like status but Slimani scoring in the champions league is seen as a worse player .:dunno:

Scored a screamer against us when we beat them 2-1 on their turf under puel. He's a tidy player. Terrific as a backup. Will play a big role both in a 3 ATB and a 4. No complaints from me

8 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Hopefully Thomas gets a good loan move though because I don't want to see him not get a game. We've got enough players to cover left back now.

8 hours ago, LVocey said:

As much as he falls into the “solid free transfer” bracket, I think we will be surprised as to how good he actually is. He was brilliant for Southampton the season before last.

Thomas to head out on loan?

Thomas is not going anywhere. He will probably be the nominal starter until Justin returns, with Bertrand alternating as a starter and backup, as the situation demands. At least, we no longer have to worry about an injury in that position.

Welcome aboard Ryan!

9 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Certain players get fetishised and their errors are overlooked, whilst others get blamed and their virtues are ignored.

Often based on their debut performance and first few games..

• Like 2

11 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Oakley, Howard and Hume were great for us. McAuley had a good career beyond us. After that, it's woeful. I remember us hanging our hats on Bori and Laczko after their debuts.

A reminder to enjoy these great times where an ex England International and Champions League winner is considered by most an underwhelming signing. 

I think you’ve just redefined “great”

Solid signing, exactly what we need. Doesn't really block the development of Thomas although I think Bertrand will be first choice initially.  As we all know, loads of games this season so Thomas will still get plenty of game time and we have Justin to come back in, who no longer needs to be rushed.

5 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Thomas is not going anywhere. He will probably be the nominal starter until Justin returns, with Bertrand alternating as a starter and backup, as the situation demands. At least, we no longer have to worry about an injury in that position.

Welcome aboard Ryan!

Absolutely!  He should be our starter not farmed out under any circumstances!!!!  

10 hours ago, los dedos said:

For me Howard is the most overrated Leicester player ever . Scored a few in the 3rd tier and had a terrible Championship record . But is some how seen as a great player for us .

10 hours ago, Master Fox said:

Maxi Gradel. 

Didnt Fatty Fry-Up bag a load that season too? 

:D Christ nobody is putting them into Leicester City's hall of fame are they? People just clearly appreciate at the time they were important players, hence why they're highly thought of.

16 hours ago, FoxOnWheels said:

I’m relatively young so could be wrong but have Reading ever been bigger than us?

....they were a very promising go ahead team when we were languishing in the third tier and didn't they set the record for the amount of points gleaned in the Championship!!!

We failed to emulate their points total from our last time in the Championship, so they were at one stage in a superior position than we were.

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....they were a very promising go ahead team when we were languishing in the third tier and didn't they set the record for the amount of points gleaned in the Championship!!!

We failed to emulate their points total from our last time in the Championship, so they were at one stage in a superior position than we were.

Reading hold the Championship record (2005/6). LCFC 4th.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-10-best-championship-teams-ever-points-total

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Master Fox said:

That team lineup makes me sick to my stomach. God we were awful. It’s hard to imagine now, but just look at the shite we had playing for our great club. Basically a Sunday league team back then.

....it is all relative....we all backed them on a Saturday afternoon!!!

Not going to knock any of those players it was what it was.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Master Fox said:

Maxi Gradel. 

Didnt Fatty Fry-Up bag a load that season too? 

Gradel was a bit part player for us even in League One.

Howard was a good player for where we were at the time. But I do agree that our fans seemed to rate him ahead of Fryatt and he even beat Fryatt to our POTS that season which I could never understand. Similar kind of thing with when Maguire beat Vardy to POTS. Sometimes I think our fans don't appreciate goalscoring attackers at all and would rather lionise the big strong man.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Champions League winner, England International. For free. Can't grumble.

By that statement you will be happy with Gary Cahill😝

Edited by scinnell
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Welcome aboard Ryan!

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Absolutely!  He should be our starter not farmed out under any circumstances!!!!  

I did not say "farmed out" but I believe a loan move is better for him/us if he doesn't start. No point in keeping a young player like him not playing.

We now have Bertrand, Justin, Castagne who I imagine will eventually all be favoured over Thomas.

17 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

ridiculous how far we have come in that time

Still gutted for Wesolowski, he was our best CM at 17. I'm sure if Balde hadn't broken his leg that he would have gone on to have a very decent career.

• Like 2

It's just a shame we can only play 11 players  at once..

Seems odd to me to get another wingback when we've got 4 already...even planning for 50 fixtures he's going to end up just watching from the sides 

48 minutes ago, Adrian said:

It's just a shame we can only play 11 players  at once..

Seems odd to me to get another wingback when we've got 4 already...even planning for 50 fixtures he's going to end up just watching from the sides 

Injuries…