Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Bertrand signs

Still a decent player, great experience to add to our young side. 

Provides good options with Luke Thomas until JJ is back to full fitness. 

Looking to be a very good transfer window. 

50 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

He said 'propagates', which makes him immune from criticism by me forever.

All I could think of when watching the interview was him being a Morgan replacement due to his usage of "you know" :unsure:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

ridiculous how far we have come in that time

That team lineup makes me sick to my stomach. God we were awful. It’s hard to imagine now, but just look at the shite we had playing for our great club. Basically a Sunday league team back then.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

That team lineup makes me sick to my stomach. God we were awful. It’s hard to imagine now, but just look at the shite we had playing for our great club. Basically a Sunday league team back then.

Oakley, Howard and Hume were great for us. McAuley had a good career beyond us. After that, it's woeful. I remember us hanging our hats on Bori and Laczko after their debuts.

A reminder to enjoy these great times where an ex England International and Champions League winner is considered by most an underwhelming signing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Having too many options won't be a problem, it's going to be a long season, someone can play LB away in the Europa League on a Thursday night and someone can come in fresh for the league game on a Sunday. Just hoping Ricardo looks closer to his old self and then it would get interesting with one or two of the full backs Ricardo, Castagne, Justin, Bertrand and Thomas missing out of the matchday squad (is it 7 subs this season?) Unlikely to see Albrighton as a RWB or Amartey at RB with those options available.

Will be interesting to see Bertrand get an understanding with Harvey, getting early balls up to Harvey and being willing to be a dummy overlapping runner so the opposition can't double up on him needs a certain degree of unselfishness, he's (Barnes)  a unique kind of wide player and sometimes just occupying an opponent can help clear the path for an angled run. 

15 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Don’t jazz it up. That’s some serious blue tinted specs. Howard was okay I guess. Only thing McAuley did good in his career was fall over for Vards to score at West Brom in the great escape season. 

What? The experience of Howard and Oakley were pivotal in us coming back up at the first attempt. They're a big part of the reason we can enjoy these halcyon days as a Leicester fan! 

Edited by walkerleeds
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

What? The experience of Howard and Oakley were pivotal in us coming back up at the first attempt. They're a big part of the reason we can enjoy these halcyon days as a Leicester fan! 

For me Howard is the most overrated Leicester player ever . Scored a few in the 3rd tier and had a terrible Championship record . But is some how seen as a great player for us .

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Maxi Gradel. 

Didnt Fatty Fry-Up bag a load that season too? 

Edited by Master Fox

1 minute ago, los dedos said:

For me Howard is the most overrated Leicester player ever . Scored a few in the 3rd tier and had a terrible Championship record . But is some how seen as a great player for us .

Certain players get fetishised and their errors are overlooked, whilst others get blamed and their virtues are ignored.

• Like 3