Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Bertrand signs

• 3 weeks later...

No one was excited by this signing but I’m getting serious Christian Fuchs vibes from Bertrand. Has slotted in seamlessly into the team, good at both ends and can deliver a great set piece. 

Outstanding business and having him and Thomas till JJ gets back is excellent squad depth. 

• Like 3

Thought he played very well. Great composure and vision when needed but also more than happy to kick it out of play to be safe. I don't think Bertrand will ever do much that's stand out amazing, but i think he will be a solid, no nonsense and reliable player and a great addition to strengthen out squad.

With 2 of 3 first choice central defenders missing his experience is vital whilst we steady the ship at the back. Will start a fair few games for us in the premier league with him maybe getting a rest in carabao and the weaker Europa opponents. Thomas will start if we play wing backs as Bertrand would go left cb I’d guess? 

impressed me last night, no thrills kept it simple, 2 assists, solid defensively and a threat going forward. What you want from a left back is the mix of defending and attacking being right, perfect balance from him last night.