Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Norwich v Leicester Pre Match Thread 28/08(3.00)

31 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Would love to have those 2 players as options for Saturday,  but surely we can't be playing 3 at the back against Norwich???

No, you’re right, we shouldn’t. I just wanted to show a team with the two hoped-for signings in. Kabak wouldn’t play for me if Vestergaard & Soyuncu were both fit…

Edited by Steve Earle

Would like to see a 3-5-2 against Norwich. Soyuncu and Amartey don't look convincing and with Vardy up top on his own we look toothless. The 4-3-2-1 with the back four we have played in the first two games is an invitation to smother our midfield so two up top might be the answer. 

1 hour ago, Phil Bowman said:

Why not? Three at the back is fewer than four at the back so therefore less defensive!

Because we've got far better footballers we can utilise in midfield. Even if we had a decent back three, we haven't got any proper wing backs. We were absolutely mind numbingly shite playing a 3 last year. We just clogged the middle up with nobody really confident about what they were doing and then when we changed halfway through the second half,  an equilibrium magically returned. 

4 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

Blimey I totally forgot about Praet, thanks for reminding me. Wonder if Brendan remembers too? I agree with Albrighton. Norwich would be the sort of team where he could be effective, ideally with Daka or Nacho alongside Vardy.

I didn't mean it as play him play him play him give him a chance ect, I meant it as if he's actually going to go it'd be the last chance to put him in the shop window.

As people have said often, something as obviously happened that's obviously got him in the bad books.

• Like 1

For me now Perez is out of the Frame time for Brendan to Push Ricardo onto the right wing and bring back Super Tim eye mask and all, that will bolster our attacking options leaving a solid defender at the back. 

If Vestergaard isn’t available will it be Amartey back for a third time or will Brendan push Wilf to the defence really think Cags needs a calmer person by his side in defence as he seems to be lost without Evans by his side & Wilf is calm as a cucumber at times then bring in Soumare who has looked solid when in midfield, can’t decide on our front man Vardy or Daka For this one maybe I’d start Daka & bring On Vardy 2nd half !

Kasper 

Tim.  Cags Wilf Thomas 

Ricky P Youri Soumare Barnes 

Madders 

Vardy or Daka 

Norwich had a good result Tuesday night putting 6 past Bournemouth so their tails will be up, we just need to get an early goal to take control forget about Catastrophic Monday and go for the win !

Think I’ll go for a 1-2 win for the Foxes !!

OAUILCFCWT 💙🦊💙🦊

Edited by justfoxes

7 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Normally after a really bad performance Rogers has the team firing on all cylinders willing to put things right so I'm going for a win here for us. Whatever confidence Norwich will have will be extinguished if we smash in a couple of goals before half time. Need Nacho to come to the rescue playing along side Vardy with Daka to sub him once he loses steam. We have to start quick and on the front foot. Rogers has to set us up right and FFS hope he starts to makes subs early and effectively rather than waiting too long. We got this chaps! I'm more concerned on what we do after this game consistency wise.

....Rodgers has a strange problem in regards to substitutions....!!!

We got back to 2 - 1 and had now a foothold in the game, he has the subs ready but he waits and hold them back instead of getting them on straight away. They scored while the players were waiting to come on, it was a poor decision and he has done this before, waiting to make a substitution.

• Like 2

Guest Danny Clender

Loosely depending on formation, our forward playing, final third attacking options can be taken from Barnes, Vardy, Iheanacho, Daka, Praet, Maddison, Albrighton, Dewsbury-Hall, Sowah (maybe), Ricardo (if you believe).

Does that not seem like enough available talent to go in and confidently take 3 points from Norwich?

It does to me. 

We have so many talented players but the squad is unbalanced: defensively by injuries; by lacking two wingers (partly because of Rodgers' trust in Perez).

With the talent available, we should be able to put out a team that is effective.   

With time to prepare, there is time to prepare Albrighton, Pereira, Praet, Maddison or Iheanacho to do an effective job on the right.   Barnes' fitness is improving and he should be a major threat on the left 

Perez has been frustrating for some time.  Hopefully, the team will click without him so that Rodgers does not bring him back asap.

Wouldn't mind seeing a narrow diamond for this, but that would require us not having a stubborn manager lol 

Wilf

Youri

Soumare

Madders/Barnes

Vardy Daka/Nacho

With Ricardo and Bertrand given licence to attack down the wings and wilf dropping back to a protective back three against a potential break when this happens.

7 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We need to stop persisting with this crap one striker up top tactic. I predict against every team than has a deep block and physical play, we will lose. 

This.

We’ve got to drop this 4-2-3-1 formation, Maddison isn’t playing well and we’ve got no right sided forward who is good enough to operate in that formation. 

Perhaps the formation used against Villa in the 4-1 win at their place? That’s the best I’ve seen us under Rodgers, we were breathtakingly good that day.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, justfoxes said:

For me now Perez is out of the Frame time for Brendan to Push Ricardo onto the right wing and bring back Super Tim eye mask and all, that will bolster our attacking options leaving a solid defender at the back. 

If Vestergaard isn’t available will it be Amartey back for a third time or will Brendan push Wilf to the defence really think Cags needs a calmer person by his side in defence as he seems to be lost without Evans by his side & Wilf is calm as a cucumber at times then bring in Soumare who has looked solid when in midfield, can’t decide on our front man Vardy or Daka For this one maybe I’d start Daka & bring On Vardy 2nd half !

Kasper 

Tim.  Cags Wilf Thomas 

Ricky P Youri Soumare Barnes 

Madders 

Vardy or Daka 

Norwich had a good result Tuesday night putting 6 past Bournemouth so their tails will be up, we just need to get an early goal to take control forget about Catastrophic Monday and go for the win !

Think I’ll go for a 1-2 win for the Foxes !!

OAUILCFCWT 💙🦊💙🦊

Great idea, we've already seen this idea last season. Wilf is no centre half and no better in that position than Armarty. Being our best midfielder also it weakens it drastically. Then you compound the problem by sticking Castagne there who was an absolute disaster and his stats proved it. You've also put him in perhaps the most combative position on the pitch for his first appearance after serious injury wearing a face mask, that's bound to bolster his confidence. 

If you think our defence is weak, you've effectively weakened it more. We could try picking a decent midfield line up to both protect the defence and support a talented front line. We haven't tried that one yet.

We're playing bloody Norwich and it was Rodger's piss poor lack of ambition tactics that lead to such a poor and non scoring team get a result against us last time. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Perhaps the formation used against Villa in the 4-1 win at their place? That’s the best I’ve seen us under Rodgers, we were breathtakingly good that day.

One off game, we lined up the exact same way the next match and drew (lucky not to lose) at home to Norwich. Even in that Villa game we could have easily gone 2 down early on as I recall a few sitters being missed.

1 minute ago, Mark said:

One off game, we lined up the exact same way the next match and drew (lucky not to lose) at home to Norwich. Even in that Villa game we could have easily gone 2 down early on as I recall a few sitters being missed.

And to be fair, that's what's needed. The ability to tweak or totally change team and tactics commensurate to the opposition on a particular day. Not slavishly follow a system or philosophy regardless of the abilities of the players available to you at the time. 

Against Norwich, we have very talented players available and are able to pick a positive attacking formation and overrun them. With Perez not in the reckoning the only perceived weakness would be Armarty and he didn't actually play too bad in the last match and would most likely get into the Norwich side!