Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

United because it would kill me if my own fans from the club I supported booed me if I was off the pace after coming back from injury or something.

Edited by goose2010
Posted
6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if Burnley were offering 25k, the same thing would happen, not many would be saying Leicester!!!

  It is a strange premise to use such a comparison of 10k to 150k.

Sean Dyche looks like he stinks of piss. Wouldn’t be worth the extra £15k imo

Posted

I’d say Leicester all day long, until the 8th thread appears on FoxesTalk stating I’m shit, my bag is ugly, I don’t put any effort in, I don’t score or create enough goals.

Then I’d either leave or start a new thread titled is Rodgers ruining Aus Fox to deflect attention.

The final straw would be when I score my 5th goal in the Champions League final someone on fat kid on Twitter saying I should have scored 6 and I didn’t put enough tackles in.

  • Haha 1
Posted
44 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

If you as a Leicester fan were a professional footballer and you could either play for Leicester for £100k a week or play for Man U for £150k a week what would you do? 

I'd hang out at the airport terminal until Manchester City came along.

  • Haha 1
Posted

You can't compare getting a pay rise in a normal every day job like most of us on here have, to getting a pay rise as a top level footballer. If you earn 20-30k a year and get offered a job earning 50-60k a year that's huge for your average working person and can be life changing in you could get a mortgage a better car etc. Earning 100k a week at Leicester to earning 150k a week at United isn't life changing its just pure greed. Anyone earning even 50k a week can live a lavish lifestyle and set up a lavish lifestyle for their kids and grandkids. 

 

For me it would be leicester all day long and I wouldn't even consider moving. I also wouldn't have a dodgy agent trying to swindle money out of me and the club I love. 

  • Like 1
Posted

For that difference I’d stay at Leicester I recon if it’s purely a like for like situation. Like others have said though, if you are on loads less at City then players will leave.

Posted

Personally I’d stay at Leicester. Yes, partially out of loyalty but mainly because I prefer a quiet, less stressful life and never really wanted a challenge. Of course, that’s also one of the reasons why I could never have been an elite anything, sports person or otherwise.

Posted
17 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

That’s literally the question being asked

I meant how many millions would you pay to have the privilege of playing for the team you support.
 

So many dismissive replies thinking £50k a week is no big deal. I get it’s hypothetical but £20m pre tax over 8 years!!

 

Lots of top Premier league players support other teams or rivals.
I guess the main reason they don’t end up at the team they support, when they have the ability to pick any team is the same reason the majority have offshore accounts.

 

 

image.gif

Posted

Its a weak question.

 

Would you play for Leicester for 10k a week knowing you could earn 150k a week elsewhere.

 

Or the reverse which was andy kings career. Would you earn 50k at your boyhood club as 6th choice cm or go and play first team football on 15k a year?

Posted

You've got to look out for your own interest and if you were a footballer your career is short anyway. £50k extra a week is a lot of money and in an industry where one injury could end it all, it is important to maximise everything you can.

 

Sentiment is great and I'd love to represent the club I support, but also know the club wouldn't think twice about disposing of you if you were injured or weren't at the right levels. 

 

Look at Grealish, he clearly loved Villa but they couldn't financially match the levels he was playing at. 

Posted
1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

You can't compare getting a pay rise in a normal every day job like most of us on here have, to getting a pay rise as a top level footballer. If you earn 20-30k a year and get offered a job earning 50-60k a year that's huge for your average working person and can be life changing in you could get a mortgage a better car etc. Earning 100k a week at Leicester to earning 150k a week at United isn't life changing its just pure greed. Anyone earning even 50k a week can live a lavish lifestyle and set up a lavish lifestyle for their kids and grandkids. 

 

For me it would be leicester all day long and I wouldn't even consider moving. I also wouldn't have a dodgy agent trying to swindle money out of me and the club I love. 


 

Not trying to illicit any sympathy for players earning many, many, many times the average UK wage, but I can imagine that when they have so much free time to spend their money and hang round with other millionaires, it won’t take long for them to find things they want but can’t quite afford. Rolex’s, cars, houses, etc. Most people want to earn more money so that they can use it to make themselves and their loved ones happy- not just pump up the numbers on the Nationwide app for the sake of it.
 

 

For me I’d like to think I’d stay at Leicester, especially if I was liked by the fans. 

If not, I would absolutely hate to pull the shirt on knowing that the fans want me replaced. I’d rather go and play for Villa or someone.

Posted (edited)

I used to think It was just about greed and material gain but I've realised there are more psychological  factors at play.... it's as much about holding as much power over personal destiny and competing forces as possible. A desire for autonomy and Freedom which is harder to sneer at than the 'i'm considerably richer than yow' syndrome 

 

For vardy I like to think he's compromised on bigger money deal because he's realised that his personal drive is closely aligned to the club's but this is an exceptional circumstance...as we know our owners are fairly unique...luckily

 

I'd go for UTD therefore cos it's human nature 

 

 

Edited by Adrian
Posted

Leicester in that scenario. But I would probably be open to moving abroad if I had the opportunity to play at the highest level for a few years. Ultimately it would just be a few years, after I'd won everything I wanted to I would be running down my contract to get back to Leicester. Certainly wouldn't ever play for another English team other than Leicester and risk having to play against them. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...