Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Guest Mickyblueeyes
Posted

My first footballing hero. Everyone wanted to be JJ on the playground. Such a special talent. He really had the talent to play higher then he did. Before the Collymore and Heskey partnership, there was Heskey/Joachim - another “what if” for me. They very rarely played together despite being at the club together. I always thought they’d run riot.

Guest Mickyblueeyes
Posted
34 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I remember being at forest's ground for the Portsmouth play off game (weird feeling)...and thought we had a superstar on our hands.

 

 

The voice of that commentator! Big Match Live ITV Sunday afternoon. Brings back memories.

Posted
1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

I remember being at forest's ground for the Portsmouth play off game (weird feeling)...and thought we had a superstar on our hands.

 

 

I remember the Portsmouth fans singing "Julia" to mock us, just moments before he scored.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Had potential to be so much much more. He was the player of the tournament at the 1993 U18 European Championships when England won it. Touted to be one of the best forwards England ever produced.


 

 

 

F5CE5C44-4EAF-418A-A899-264E54846644.jpeg

Edited by Sly
  • Like 1
Posted

Such a shame he faded so quickly…. I thought he was going to be a mega star and he simply didn’t get anywhere having the career loads of thought he was going to have 

 

 

Posted

I think often forgot he had a steady few years at Villa after he left us. I remember him going a whole 12 months without scoring for us and never thought he would hack it at Prem level. Brian Little did seem to get the best out of him. 

Posted

I remember getting off the train with a few hundred Leicester fans . After Birmingham Away and he was just standing there waiting for a train home ( Lincolnshire ?) .

Just weird seeing our top young prospect who only an hour or so beforehand had scored for us . 

Can't imagine seeing that now 🤣

  • Like 2
Posted
1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

Didn't he struggle with betting/gambling problems a few years ago?

I believe so, struggles with a few things off the pitch. Such a shame, he was unplayable on his day. 

  • Sad 1
Guest Electric Yetis
Posted

Joachim and Walsh was a dream strike partnership for a few months. Ran absolute riot.

Posted

It's actually amazing to think of all the people in football that have made suicidal moves, mainly because them and their agent are visualising the money. 

 

Then when the player wants to sell a book 20 years later, they say "I wish I hadn't left"

 

Had they stayed at the club they were at, or made the right move, they wouldn't need to do a book that'll be in 'The Works' bargain bin in 6 months.

 

  • Sad 1
Posted
1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

It's actually amazing to think of all the people in football that have made suicidal moves, mainly because them and their agent are visualising the money. 

 

Then when the player wants to sell a book 20 years later, they say "I wish I hadn't left"

 

Had they stayed at the club they were at, or made the right move, they wouldn't need to do a book that'll be in 'The Works' bargain bin in 6 months.

 

Is that true? I'd always assumed O'Neill sold him to free up cash to bring in Claridge? 

  • Like 2
Posted

Funny how everyone  remembers things differently. At the time he was sold I remember lots of people saying he was massively in debt  with gambling and owed money to some pretty heavy characters so it was best for all parties to get out of Leicester. Obviously don’t know how true that was . I was also lucky enough to see him make his debut and can remember him coming on and everyone around asking who the **** is this guy . 5-10 mins later I hear the same people saying this guys rapid and give the ball to him 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...