Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-1 Spartak - Post-Match Thread

4 minutes ago, vanity said:

They don't, you're right. But you similarly need to see that there is a big difference between being held to a single goal while hitting the post/missed pen/own player blocked goal/etc, and scoring a single goal on, say 1 shot on goal, the way Spartak did. Yes, the end result in the standings doesn't matter, but in evaluating what changes, if any, need to be made, then we need to take the actual details of the match into account.

So yes, this shite was frustrating AF, but we are one player away at CB + return of Ndidi from being a force again. Once the team regains confidence in the defense, we will be able to really commit to the attack. The problem is, when we commit, we are getting burned by our defense, so players arn't committing fwd. I seriously doubt James Justin will be much help when he first returns, I tend to think players need a year back after an ACL injury to return to form, but with young players, sometimes they really surprise you. Would really love to see him prove me wrong.

IMO, we need to spring for a CB at the winter deadline, and further hope Justin recovers his form quickly now that he may be playing some matches after the intl break.

I appreciate your point, but it's quite easy to find excuses for every result.

Frankly, there is no excuse for not winning tonight. 

Just come back from the game and honestly these cup games do invite some real interesting people. The chap behind me, probably middle aged, call everyone one of our players a c3nt or a d1ckh34d every time they got the ball. Just constant abuse from kick off until final whistle. That pissed me off more than the result tbh. 

So onto the game. They came to play with 2 banks of 5 defending. For one of the corners they had 11 players in their 6 yard box. 

First half we just needed to take one of the chances and we would have won that comfortably. The longer we went without scoring the inevitable was going to happen and it did. Second half we were just too slow, made some bad decisions, passing wasn't crisp enough. I don't know why we just don't pass first time, so many times we ran with the ball, stopped and realised now there wasn't any space for the wingers and then passed back. If they just released the wingers sooner we'd be right up there. Anyways onwards and upwards, 2 games to save our campaign. Let's do it! 

• Like 2

we did more than enough to win tonight. theres a saying in moroccan arabic, sometimes the ball doesnt wanna go in. sums it up for me. still doesnt mean rodgers or the squad cant be questioned especially the squad for this one. im worried above all about our defensive issues...... we created enough to win but if we defend liike that against anyone we wont get far

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

And if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle. 

Should have, would have, could have's don't win you games.

Fine margins and tonight there were a few as I've said could easily have been 5 1. That's football and we've have many games over the years where we've been battered and come out with a 1 0 win. Far to much over reaction on FT tonight.

Edited by wokinghamfox
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, NasPb said:

we did more than enough to win tonight. theres a saying in moroccan arabic, sometimes the ball doesnt wanna go in. sums it up for me. still doesnt mean rodgers or the squad cant be questioned especially the squad for this one. im worried above all about our defensive issues...... we created enough to win but if we defend liike that against anyone we wont get far

At last some sense.

• Like 1

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Playing that formation without mobile wing backs when you are dominant in possession is hideous. The selection of Lookman there quite frankly bonkers 

Agreed, so deflating every time we line up with a back five and Ricardo isn't even one of the wing backs. Castagne is too hesitant to be a creative outlet, always happy to play it backwards and Bertrand is just there.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Daggers said:

The single worst thing, above anything else, is the number of c0ckends who arrive late with pies or spend their time shuffling back downstairs every 5 minutes for another line of coke. 

True, it means that temporarily you can’t see the pitch, which is a bonus, but it’s really beginning to get on my tits. 

Everything else was just the same old shite. At least it means there’ll be a shedload of season tickets available next season. 

I spent 15 minutes in line for a beer at half time and still didn’t get a beer 😂

In Italy they pull about 2,000 beers on each bar 5/10 minutes before half time but I’m guessing here they don’t do this?

Just now, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Agreed but It doesn't help when we keep gifting goals to the opposition.

This is the problem isn't it? We're hardly ripping it up but we're not as bad as some make out either but we've got into this horrible routine of playing pretty well and then letting in a daft goal at the first sign of trouble and making life extremely difficult for ourselves. Even having the mighty Johnny back doesn't seem to have helped too much. Without Fofana venturing forward the 3 at the back just looks a waste of time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SeanInRome said:

I spent 15 minutes in line for a beer at half time and still didn’t get a beer 😂

In Italy they pull about 2,000 beers on each bar 5/10 minutes before half time but I’m guessing here they don’t do this?

They already had loads poured before half time. The service is just really slow! 

• Like 1

I’m shocked.

Being serious now and no it’s not a ‘I’ve been saying it for months, I’m right’ post, I genuinely want to gauge opinion.

Are people genuinely shocked and surprised? Has it only just dawned on people? If so, how has it took so long?!

And going out of serious mode - are we allowed to criticise now? Because I’m seeing a lot of entitled posts.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

Agreed, so deflating every time we line up with a back five and Ricardo isn't even one of the wing backs. Castagne is too hesitant to be a creative outlet, always happy to play it backwards and Bertrand is just there.

Actually thought Castagne was one of our better players going forward. Always found space and worked that RHS well. His delivery does need work but every time he did try and cross we had maybe 1 player in the box. We needed some of those midfielders running into the box, plus Nacho tends to fall asleep and doesn't react quick enough. 

2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

This is the problem isn't it? We're hardly ripping it up but we're not as bad as some make out either but we've got into this horrible routine of playing pretty well and then letting in a daft goal at the first sign of trouble and making life extremely difficult for ourselves. Even having the mighty Johnny back doesn't seem to have helped too much. Without Fofana venturing forward the 3 at the back just looks a waste of time.

Might help that we had a left back / wing back who looked a bit more interested than being here for a final payday 

4 minutes ago, SeanInRome said:

It's horrific here. These people serving have never seen a beer being pulled before, or for that matter, they act like they've never ordered at a bar before. 

• Haha 1

I can understand that it's important not to give possession away too easily but this obsession of holding on to the ball at all costs is starting to get on my tits.

Sometimes you've just got to take a chance in the hope that something will come of it, and it's not as if we don't have players that can win the ball back

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just wondering, with so many players unavailable tonight. What changes would you have made to the starting line up? 

I think it was probably our strongest line up we could have put out in the circumstances except Ndidi in for Soumare or Perez and Vardy for Daka or Nacho. 

I do not think our squad is as good as I thought it was at the beginning of the season but our best 15 - 16 players are a match for most teams in the Country. 

I think Rodgers has certainly earned a little bit of patience from the fans until we can get everyone fit again. 

We seem to becoming a little bit of an entitled fan base. Rodgers management has got us to that point in the first place by challenging for the top 4 and a cup win. 

• Like 2

Utter utter pish. Hilarious listening to the post match reaction in the car on the way home with people ringing in saying we played well, must of been watching a different game to me!
Claude Puel esk endless sideways passive passing to waste about 3/4s of the match. Atrocious defending for the goal and then bringing Lookman on to play wingback? Utterly bizzare.

For the whole game performance wise and atmosphere was just flat, like nobody gave a shit tbh. These are a really poor side and weve just given them one of the easiest games they will ever play.

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1