Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-1 Spartak - Post-Match Thread

The nacho corner at the end sums it up. Tielemans (albeit his set pieces were below par again) jogging over to take it, he rushes and takes the corner when no one is ready. There's no cohesion, its so far off the Leicester who defy all odds as a team and fight to the end.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Other than against an awful Man Utd, when did we last impose ourselves on a game at a high tempo? It was dreadful tonight. Spartak we’re terrible and I honestly can’t think of a Leicester player who played well (maybe Castagne?)

We massively missed Maddison and Barmes tonight, brave footballers who keep trying stuff even if it isn’t going for them. Take those two away and our squad has nothing. Really does highlight that our recruitment hasn’t been up to scratch in the last 2 windows

Last time I saw us play well was the beginning of the Napoli game. Then our defense capitulated. We simply haven't recovered.

I will say, I don't wholly agree that our recruitment has been poor maybe the Vestergaard move but we were sort of forced there due to Fofana. If Fofana doesn't get injured, where do you imagine we are? Likely top-6 and leading our Europa group. When you are thin at as critical a position as CB, it exerts a drag on the attack. Everyone is waiting to rush back to defend. There is no confidence in our defense, especially without Ndidi. But I would argue that if we get a quality CB at the very beginning of the winter window, we may quickly see an entirely different team. But we NEED to be able to trust the defense. Without it, we have these sorts of raggedy games where we are afraid to lose possession bc that starts the counter. It affects the ENTIRE team when we don't believe in our defense. 

Hopefully Ndidi comes back in and things improve. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Struggling to disagree more with that. I thought we had some reasonable energy and urgency tonight. But our quality on the ball was woeful. All of your references are heavily centred in the past. Tonight’s game was about players’ form tonight. Not last season. And tonight the quality was poor. 

I'll concede that had we have been better on the ball tonight, it may have helped. We certainly weren't at our best in that department. Difficult to thread the eye of a needle with such a low block, though. 

Generally, quality isn't what lets us down.

Had we commited more bodies and played more directly, I reckon that would have done the trick. One of the rare occasions a ball was whipped in, it ricocheted off of one of their defenders, could've dropped anywhere and caused bedlam. Resulted in a corner to us.

Maybe I'm over simplifying, but it felt as though we were trying to score the perfect goal all night. 

Problem is, I think the whole squad is scared about what stupid sh*t Soyuncu will pull next. Can't lose the ball, because if you do he's rushing to win a ball he'll never win and they're in behind us.

Edited by Nod.E

15 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

We hit the post twice, miss a penalty and one of our own players prevented a certain goal. Had we won 5 1 would there have been so much negativity on here because on another day that could've quite easily happened.

And if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle. 

Should have, would have, could have's don't win you games.

Edited by adejo92

I went to see Roma - Napoli last week in Rome and it was a boring game with a few good passes but atleast tonight it was enjoyable for me as a first timer! It started if very slow and perhaps to many balls played out to the right and after 1 half the manager should’ve seen this does not work. They played 11 men behind the ball and their only real mistake tonight was letting Vardy take that penalty while not ready.

Onwards and upwards 🍺🍀

A little bit of perspective. Put Ricardo, Justin and Fofana in that formation and it works so much. Even in a back 4 they would be starting. 

We also had Barnes and Maddison out tonight. Add to the fact Ndidi and Vardy was missing from the starting line up, that is 7 of our best players missing from the starting line up. It would make a huge difference if we had all of them available. 

It seems such a shame our season may well be done before that happens. 

It was not great tonight as for most of the season but we still did enough to win the game. 

I hope not to see either Bertrand or Vestagaard in a first 11for Leicester again. Southampton fans were right when they said Bertrand's legs were gone. Simply not good enough. 

• Like 4

Just now, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

A little bit of perspective. Put Ricardo, Justin and Fofana in that formation and it works so much. Even in a back 4 they would be starting. 

We also had Barnes and Maddison out tonight. Add to the fact Ndidi and Vardy was missing from the starting line up, that is 7 of our best players missing from the starting line up. It would make a huge difference if we had all of them available. 

It seems such a shame our season may well be done before that happens. 

It was not great tonight as for most of the season but we still did enough to win the game. 

I hope not to see either Bertrand or Vestagaard in a first 11for Leicester again. Southampton fans were right when they said Bertrand's legs were gone. Simply not good enough. 

All true but even with 10 or 11 changes we should be beating sides like Spartak. They are terrible.

I reckon we'd struggle in the Championship because every team would park the bus and they wouldn't even need to be that good at it. Just sit deep, hold your position and we are ****ed.

Just now, Ricey said:

All true but even with 10 or 11 changes we should be beating sides like Spartak. They are terrible.

I reckon we'd struggle in the Championship because every team would park the bus and they wouldn't even need to be that good at it. Just sit deep, hold your position and we are ****ed.

Perhaps but do you not think we would have a far better chance with our best 11 fully fit? 

The single worst thing, above anything else, is the number of c0ckends who arrive late with pies or spend their time shuffling back downstairs every 5 minutes for another line of coke. 

True, it means that temporarily you can’t see the pitch, which is a bonus, but it’s really beginning to get on my tits. 

Everything else was just the same old shite. At least it means there’ll be a shedload of season tickets available next season. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just one of those days. Had chances to win the game and didn’t take them. They scored with one of their only attacks as all the defence fell asleep, individual errors let us down there. Boring performance but not the end of the world at all. 

2 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

And if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle. 

Should have, would have, could have's don't win you games.

They don't, you're right. But you similarly need to see that there is a big difference between being held to a single goal while hitting the post/missed pen/own player blocked goal/etc, and scoring a single goal on, say 1 shot on goal, the way Spartak did. Yes, the end result in the standings doesn't matter, but in evaluating what changes, if any, need to be made, then we need to take the actual details of the match into account.

So yes, this shite was frustrating AF, but we are one player away at CB + return of Ndidi from being a force again. Once the team regains confidence in the defense, we will be able to really commit to the attack. The problem is, when we commit, we are getting burned by our defense, so players arn't committing fwd. I seriously doubt James Justin will be much help when he first returns, I tend to think players need a year back after an ACL injury to return to form, but with young players, sometimes they really surprise you. Would really love to see him prove me wrong.

IMO, we need to spring for a CB at the winter deadline, and further hope Justin recovers his form quickly now that he may be playing some matches after the intl break.

7 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Can anyone explain to me why we're playing with 3 at the back with what I'd consider full backs as wing backs against a side we should be dominating in a game we needed to win?

I don't care about formations, but team

& Individual performance.

No dash,commitment no intensity..

No excuse..!

10+ games gone..

We have a 25 look a like men,playing Robots...Fk what the manager says

Over the whitewash ..you go out to prove you can play the basics &

Our squad has an array of dynamic players..

Rodgers & coaching staff are not doing the simplest of things...Some over zealous ideas off the field, are preventing our front foot talented playerd, taking on the opposition..no matter who it is..

We have lost "fearless" &  brought in the

Hush-puppies..,!!!

We can lose games..

But I deny anybody, to claim we are going down with Pride.

I like Amartey because he shows heart 

,& Spirit to a cause...

Have Leicester city mis-learnt, how to play football.??

It's really not the individual game,but the collective & periods of playing no intent football when they wear our foxes badge..

I have defended this squad over a year, 

With a team struggling with long term

Injuries,then time needed to recuperate,

Plus getting regular restarts,and then taking 2nd-3 hits...

That ain't my problem with Rodgers,players the foxes unit.

It's simply the question of repetitive 

Non-learning and actual lack of committed when not successfull periods ...

At present I am nowhere near chasing

Rodgers out of the KP..

But I would like journalist to ask a few more direct honest questions, on players & Rodgers total lack of quality game intentions..We are too slow all around the park..

4 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Perhaps but do you not think we would have a far better chance with our best 11 fully fit? 

Of course, but we shouldn't need a fully fit first choice XI to beat a poor team in disarray like Spartak.

The whole tactical approach tonight was completely flawed. The only thing that can save it is an early goal, but we rarely seem to score them nowadays.

Another dreadfully slow start and paid the price again. 

They(Spartak) were dreadful and I thought the point was to get a decent lead and then make changes to keep players fresh. 

Admittedly, we had this bug and other unfortunate injuries, but we should be comfortably beating sides like that at home. 

European games don't come round too frequently for clubs like ours and it seems it'll be some time before we get another crack at it. 

Still in our hands but with our squad and tough fixtures coming up, it looks like a difficult ask. 

Leicester don't do things the easy way though, ever😉

It just seems to me like the ethos of the team has changed.  

When we got to the Prem, the players had to give literally everything and more to stay up.

Then they had to give everything and more and even find more in reserve to win the league.

But slowly since then, since we've become established you might say, and never in anyone's tips for relegation, we've lost sight of what we are.

Because everyone tips us to be in or around the top 6 each season, we've turned in to Billy big balls and it's embarrassing because we got where we were on mostly blood and sweat with smattering of quality thrown in.

We've lost some of the magic (mahrez , kante etc) but we've also lost a hell of a lot of the effort.  We are going in to games thinking the win will come to us, when it used to be we gave a left bollock to get it at all cost.  This has mostly gone, and for me that's down to Rodgers.

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I've seen more passion, urgency and pace in the local over 50s walking league 

This!

People go on about formation, but so far this season it hasn't mattered who has been on the pitch or what shape we play. We consistently go out there with no passion, no urgency and only become interested after conceding or nearly conceding