Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-1 Spartak - Post-Match Thread

Just now, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Just wondering, with so many players unavailable tonight. What changes would you have made to the starting line up? 

I think it was probably our strongest line up we could have put out in the circumstances except Ndidi in for Soumare or Perez and Vardy for Daka or Nacho. 

I do not think our squad is as good as I thought it was at the beginning of the season but our best 15 - 16 players are a match for most teams in the Country. 

I think Rodgers has certainly earned a little bit of patience from the fans until we can get everyone fit again. 

We seem to becoming a little bit of an entitled fan base. Rodgers management has got us to that point in the first place by challenging for the top 4 and a cup win. 

I think the decision to play Lookman completely out of position at wing  back was a travesty. When he came on, should have been Amartey RB and Castagne LB with potentially Daka out wide like he did against Napoli. 

10 minutes ago, SeanInRome said:

I spent 15 minutes in line for a beer at half time and still didn’t get a beer 😂

In Italy they pull about 2,000 beers on each bar 5/10 minutes before half time but I’m guessing here they don’t do this?

Can't say I'm tempted to pay £5.50 for a pint tbh.

28 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I don't care about formations, but team

& Individual performance.

No dash,commitment no intensity..

No excuse..!

10+ games gone..

We have a 25 look a like men,playing Robots...Fk what the manager says

Over the whitewash ..you go out to prove you can play the basics &

Our squad has an array of dynamic players..

Rodgers & coaching staff are not doing the simplest of things...Some over zealous ideas off the field, are preventing our front foot talented playerd, taking on the opposition..no matter who it is..

We have lost "fearless" &  brought in the

Hush-puppies..,!!!

We can lose games..

But I deny anybody, to claim we are going down with Pride.

I like Amartey because he shows heart 

,& Spirit to a cause...

Have Leicester city mis-learnt, how to play football.??

It's really not the individual game,but the collective & periods of playing no intent football when they wear our foxes badge..

I have defended this squad over a year, 

With a team struggling with long term

Injuries,then time needed to recuperate,

Plus getting regular restarts,and then taking 2nd-3 hits...

That ain't my problem with Rodgers,players the foxes unit.

It's simply the question of repetitive 

Non-learning and actual lack of committed when not successfull periods ...

At present I am nowhere near chasing

Rodgers out of the KP..

But I would like journalist to ask a few more direct honest questions, on players & Rodgers total lack of quality game intentions..We are too slow all around the park..

If you heard tomorrow that Ole had been sacked and Rodgers was appointed as new Man Utd manager, would you be upset?

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Utter utter pish. Hilarious listening to the post match reaction in the car on the way home with people ringing in saying we played well, must of been watching a different game to me! Claude Puel esk endless sideways passive passing to waste about 3/4s of the match. Atrocious defending for the goal and then bringing Lookman on to play wingback? Utterly bizzare. For the whole game performance wise and atmosthere was just flat, like nobody gave a shit tbh. These are a really poor side and weve just given them one of the easiest games they will ever play

Lots of possession certainly doesn't equat to playing well. Think people see how much of the ball we had and take that as a positive performance. But there keeper has literally had to save a penalty and not a lot else. 

So many frustrations with tonight, way more than the weekend, infact had we hit the weekends 2nd half levels we may have won.

2 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Just wondering, with so many players unavailable tonight. What changes would you have made to the starting line up? 

I think it was probably our strongest line up we could have put out in the circumstances except Ndidi in for Soumare or Perez and Vardy for Daka or Nacho. 

I do not think our squad is as good as I thought it was at the beginning of the season but our best 15 - 16 players are a match for most teams in the Country. 

I think Rodgers has certainly earned a little bit of patience from the fans until we can get everyone fit again. 

We seem to becoming a little bit of an entitled fan base. Rodgers management has got us to that point in the first place by challenging for the top 4 and a cup win. 

I would have came up with a formation that didn’t involve playing Ryan Bertrand at wing back.

Just now, splinterdream said:

If you heard tomorrow that Ole had been sacked and Rodgers was appointed as new Man Utd manager, would you be upset?

Depends who replaced him

But lets not fool ourselves into thinking Rodgers’ football is amazing. Because it’s not.

Don’t get me wrong, it can be immense, but United at home aside, when was the last time we blew a team away?

Villa away the Christmas before the pandemic? 

• Like 2

Whole evening was strange, from the east stand it felt absolutely flat before the game, almost like a pre season game which seemed to rub off on the players in the first half. Everything about this evening was just Meh. Entitled or otherwise it feels like this season we are stuck in a rut which we just can’t shake off no matter who is playing for us

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think the decision to play Lookman completely out of position at wing  back was a travesty. When he came on, should have been Amartey RB and Castagne LB with potentially Daka out wide like he did against Napoli. 

Lookman was hardly a wing back when he came on. He was playing advanced on the left but seemed to me to become a total bottle job nearly every time he got the ball and passed backwards. 

1 minute ago, MalletFox said:

Do we still all think we can win the Europa League out of interest? …. Just to double check, does 3rd in the group nudge us in to the Europa Conference League … that genuinely would be more our level.

3rd place would mean the Conference. We can then look forward to a 1-0 aggregate loss to Lokomotiv Plovdiv.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Yeah but we had 77% possession

Of doing f all

Again

Dominating possession but far from dominating the game.

We must be one of the easiest team opposition have to face and they're happy for us to dominate possession, no doubt their intention and part of their game plan is to let us have possession.

It's really quite laughable.

• Like 1

Look man was doggo when he came on. Looked more scared to go forwards than anyone.

bertrand is shocking

overall we dominate the game but lacked the creativity. It really was missing Maddison and a Barnes type.

perez started brightly but then faded into the abyss.

castagne was good first half then faded seconded 

iheanacho and Daka were largely anonymous.

soumare looks solid

8 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Depends who replaced him

But lets not fool ourselves into thinking Rodgers’ football is amazing. Because it’s not.

Don’t get me wrong, it can be immense, but United at home aside, when was the last time we blew a team away?

Villa away the Christmas before the pandemic? 

Sorry to go on about it again but probably West Brom (albeit and no disrespect to West Brom) at home last season, but it seemed far too positive and exciting for Brendan, stood there with a mardy face on him, kicking water bottles down the touchline, quite audiably berating the players and quite clearly giving them a bollocking at half time.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

Yep, thought the same myself. Even the flames felt like the Bertrand of atmosphere. 

I couldn’t agree more! What a difference in “effort” from the Napoli game. Felt a bit like the club half arsed it, no flags or tifo type

display, these are European nights in LEICESTER, every single game is a big deal!!! Agree the atmosphere kinda reflected the first half play … sideways, non-inspiring and pretty boring!!! 

Hopefully the club and we, the fans, can make a much better effort of it or the Legia game!!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Try a different system? We've seen so many managers play square pegs in round holes but Rodgers has almost gone too far the other way. Why not try a slightly asymmetric formation? Iheanacho and Perez playing off Daka as inside forwards with 4 at the back. 

5 at the back at home to that is so negative, especially with Bertrand at full back and even a defensive minded centre mid in Soumare.

Let's have it right, he's been afforded way more patience than other managers have and to his credit, he has earned that.

And the idea that we are an entitled fanbase is silly. Should we just accept that we're never allowed to be more than a yo-yo club or should we actually acknowledge reality that we are now one of the better teams in the Premier League with an incredibly talented team that even with injuries should be qualifying from this group, doing better in the league and more importantly, not playing this awful football? Honestly, if you don't see it like that and are content to just have this relative success as a phase and then slip back to nothingness, what's the point. I want Leicester to be the best they can be, and right now, we're a million miles away from that, and way below the level we should be at.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Utter utter pish. Hilarious listening to the post match reaction in the car on the way home with people ringing in saying we played well, must of been watching a different game to me! Claude Puel esk endless sideways passive passing to waste about 3/4s of the match. Atrocious defending for the goal and then bringing Lookman on to play wingback? Utterly bizzare. For the whole game performance wise and atmosthere was just flat, like nobody gave a shit tbh. These are a really poor side and weve just given them one of the easiest games they will ever play

People surely didn't say that? There's no debate to be had that was poor, the question is where it sits on the scale for you.

Totally in control, but no urgency, sluggish, dare I say expectant. That was the most boring display of the season! If we had have played with any tempo or aggression we would have blown them away. Comfortably the poorest opposition we’ve had at our place in a very long time. But give them their due, they got what they came for. It’s starting to feel very much like a transition year this season. The worry is what are we transitioning to. We are very much resembling latter Wenger years Arsenal. Flashes of brilliance, but go missing when the heat is on

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, dmayne7 said:

Try a different system? We've seen so many managers play square pegs in round holes but Rodgers has almost gone too far the other way. Why not try a slightly asymmetric formation? Iheanacho and Perez playing off Daka as inside forwards with 4 at the back. 

5 at the back at home to that is so negative, especially with Bertrand at full back and even a defensive minded centre mid in Soumare.

Let's have it right, he's been afforded way more patience than other managers have and to his credit, he has earned that.

And the idea that we are an entitled fanbase is silly. Should we just accept that we're never allowed to be more than a yo-yo club or should we actually acknowledge reality that we are now one of the better teams in the Premier League with an incredibly talented team that even with injuries should be qualifying from this group, doing better in the league and more importantly, not playing this awful football? Honestly, if you don't see it like that and are content to just have this relative success as a phase and then slip back to nothingness, what's the point. I want Leicester to be the best they can be, and right now, we're a million miles away from that, and way below the level we should be at.

So rather than saying not a back 5 what and who would you have played instead? 2 wingers ill and Lookman was shite when he came on. 

Entitled is 100% what we are becoming if we do not take into consideration which players were missing today and so far this season. 

7 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Whole evening was strange, from the east stand it felt absolutely flat before the game, almost like a pre season game which seemed to rub off on the players in the first half. Everything about this evening was just Meh. Entitled or otherwise it feels like this season we are stuck in a rut which we just can’t shake off no matter who is playing for us

Every home game is like that now, I think our style of play and pretty terrible home form has set the tone for the atmosphere. Even the Man U game was poor until we scored.

• Like 1