Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-1 Spartak - Post-Match Thread

22 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

No Maddison and no Barnes worries me that we're going to play a back 3/5 with Thomas or Bertrand which I feel is exactly the kind of set up Spartak would be hoping for.

These are rubbish at the back so I think we'll be just about alright. Think if it was up to me I'd actually go.... 4-2-3-1.... Schmeichel... Castagne Evans Soyuncu Thomas... Tielemans Ndidi... Perez Iheanacho Lookman... Daka.

Gun for them early doors and think about any resting once we're confident it's won. I wasn't impressed by them in Russia and we really have to win this.

Like night follows day.

How does he not learn.

• Like 1

If we go out of Europa at the group stage, I have to say it would be undeserved. We were 2-0 up against Napoli and should have hung on to win. That would have already put us in a good position. We underestimated Legia and that we deserved to lose. But against Spartak at home, we only gave them one chance (this one I mostly blame Bertrand but someone should have tracked Moses’ run too); we hit the bar; we had a missed penalty. We were not great but we deserved to win. Obviously Spartak set out to defend 100% of the times, so in fairness we did ok.

I agree with those who have said we don’t have good wing backs and so we lack width (or our wide plays are very predictable). I agree. We have excellent full backs and decent wingers in Barnes and Lookman (Albrighton can do a decent job too), but we don’t have decent wingbacks. However, we need to play with two strikers too and I think that is more important, so I am not sure what is the solution? I don’t want to see a lonely Vardy chasing lost causes and touch the ball less then 10 times during a game again. Unless we play 442, which Rodgers won’t, it is a difficult one. Perhaps we need to switch it around game to game or even during a game to surprise the opponent a bit?

Edited by Tom12345
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, splinterdream said:

If you heard tomorrow that Ole had been sacked and Rodgers was appointed as new Man Utd manager, would you be upset?

Yes...

I don't believe we are relegation candidates...I don't like what we are dishing out. But..!!

We ride this season out..give him some slack...let him & squad try and turn this season around..mainly performance wise..

He does have to show he has the capability, to release our Leicester character & that fearless dogs  of war approach to games..plus rekindle 

Soyu..Fofana...Ricardo..Castagna..

Justin. Thomas potential,which they have Shown...And not Rely on a good but injury-aging Evans.

Amartey is doing his part!!

Unlike some..I would of still chosen

Vardy to take that penalty..

My worry now is the rest of his mental

Aptitude through the rest of his + our

Season,especially if that miss scuttles

Our European-campaign..

He is truly an old war horse,who the like WE and English football will never see again.

And by n by

Still has for a few seasons,which we/Rodgers need to use NOW...!!

Forgetting who's out,it's  our available players that Rodgers has to get them ticking at an higher level they have previously shown...

We can't waste this era of Barnes/Lookman/Daka/Vardy/Maddison./ Tielemans

I like Nacho, but he has proven he is an hit n Miss game-personality.

He hasn't taken on or carried the bounce( yet ) from last season...

Rodgers is now for this season being asked the biggest question of his career..and it doesn't come down to the individual Results      but....

"HIs teams delivery of Performance"

Despite wicked timed chronic-injuries

The time needed for individuals to refind their & that quality shown on potential & form, this ( best ever) squad

Should be putting in far far better performances as individuals & team.

one other thing, I have never been interested in diagnosing what any manager says..It's just strains of interesting good/bad tittle-tattle & noise.

It's how they get their teams to talk on

that field. Too often in these past 2 seasons we have stammered or hit the mute button..

Again it's not about our club gaining & achieving top 4,top 6, but firstly what & how we deliver 'The Performance'

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bptiger said:

What a shit house performance, the 1st half we played at a snails pace just going from side to side no hurry , what happened to that side that played Manchester United . Perez played in his best position yet done sweet f**** all , Bertrand went backwards more than Thomas . Rodgers has to take the blame because we keep playing this go slow style , unless he changes his game plan we will be out of Europe and be a bottom 8 team . 

Unfortunately & depressingly ...

So fking true...

Makes me want to become

a prolific-liar

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

If we go out of Europa at the group stage, I have to say it would be undeserved. We were 2-0 up against Napoli and should have hung on to win. That would have already put us in a good position. We underestimated Legia and that we deserved to lose. But against Spartak at home, we only gave them one chance (this one I mostly blame Bertrand but someone should have tracked Moses’ run too); we hit the bar; we had a missed penalty. We were not great but we deserved to win. Obviously Spartak set out to defend 100% of the times, so in fairness we did ok.

I agree with those who have said we don’t have good wing backs and so we lack width (or our wide plays are very predictable). I agree. We have excellent full backs and decent wingers in Barnes and Lookman (Albrighton can do a decent job too), but we don’t have decent wingbacks. However, we need to play with two strikers too and I think that is more important, so I am not sure what is the solution? I don’t want to see a lonely Vardy chasing lost causes and touch the ball less then 10 times during a game again. Unless we play 442, which Rodgers won’t, it is a difficult one. Perhaps we need to switch it around game to game or even during a game to surprise the opponent a bit?

Fcuk surprising the opposition..

We would be doing well if we stopped surprising ourselves...!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Guess I'm watching a different game then y'all. I thought we looked pretty good 😂

Completely dominant in possession, shots, and goal scoring chances. We moved the ball well and pulled their defense apart. We were really unlucky not to win 2-1.

Screenshot_20211105-000330.png

Spot on

There really are some miserable feckers on here. 
If those stats don’t indicate a game that we completely controlled, I don’t know what does?

We just couldn’t find the killer ball to finish the game off.

And Vardy missed the penno

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Guess I'm watching a different game then y'all. I thought we looked pretty good 😂

Completely dominant in possession, shots, and goal scoring chances. We moved the ball well and pulled their defense apart. We were really unlucky not to win 2-1.

There's Lies, damned lies, and statistics... 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Spot on

There really are some miserable feckers on here. 
If those stats don’t indicate a game that we completely controlled, I don’t know what does?

We just couldn’t find the killer ball to finish the game off.

And Vardy missed the penno

Possession doesn't equate with control or domination.  Spartak controlled us by allowing us to have toothless possession and then striking when they were given the opportunity.  Reminiscent of us in our 2015-2016 campaign.

The main complaint is that our football is turgid, has been for a while with rare exception, and is a pain to watch.

God I miss the style of footy we were playing at our best a few seasons ago. Rogers has admitted mistakes by the team and now is admitting he doesn't know why it keeps happening. 

Its his bloody job to sort it out so sort it out FFS! Today wasn't our day luck wise but how many times have we said that. We've played poorly in the past and luck bails us out.

Now we're out of luck and we are bing exposed week in week out domestically and in Europe. Even commentators are exasperated watching us. They don't get why we are playing this way.

They know we're much better than this and so do we.

Win the next 2 and we win group, and into last 16. Win next 1 and guaranteed to be in conference league.

Win next game by 2 and draw with Napoli, as long as Napoli beat Moscow and we go through in 2nd.

Win next game, and hope legia fail to beat Moscow, as long as Napoli fail to lose to Moscow.

Moscow play Napoli on the Wednesday before we play on the Thursday, so we will know more then.

What I think will happen is we beat legia. Napoli beat Moscow. We draw with Napoli as Napoli will be happy to consolidate top place to have less games and go straight into last 16. Legia v Moscow, Moscow will be all out for a win to get into conference league, legia will know a win could get them into Europa League last 32, but a loss would put them out of conference league, so I think it will be a draw, legia settling for conference league and not going all out for the win to ensure more European games.

Beating legia by 2 goals would be good just in case it goes to head to head. But meaning they lose heavy last night a win would be just as good. As don't think it goes to away goals between head to head teams, e.g we lost 1-0 away to legia, and if we win 2-1 at home they could rank it on away goals via head to head, but I don't see this in the rules, correct me if I'm wrong someone.

Napoli top 11 points.

Leicester 2nd 9 points

Legia 3rd 7 points.

Moscow 4th 5 points.

Last 32 here we come and extra 2 games in Europe, with a 2 leg tie against a champions league 3rd place team. Relax and win our next game, the rest will take care of itself.

Just noticed. If.... Moscow draw with Napoli. And we beat legia. Table will looks like this going into last game.

Napoli 8

Leicester 8

Legia 6

Moscow 5

Given the goal difference that would come into play, legia would have to beat Moscow by 5 in final game, if we played out for a draw with Napoli.

Draw with Napoli and legia beat Moscow.

Napoli 9

Leicester 9

Legia 9

Moscow 5

But if we beat legia by 2 and all these results above happen, us and Napoli would go through with a draw due to head to heads with legia. So Moscow draw Wednesday and beat legia by 2, we will play out for a bore draw v Napoli to ensure we both advance.

So based on all this it is important that Napoli don't lose to Moscow. And we beat legia by 2 ideally, and then a draw in last game would be fine for us and Napoli, and napoli win the group.

Edited by lcfcfoz

Up, down, left, right used to be the chest to level skip on Sonic. Now it’s our passing from goal kicks. I’m genuinely interested whether there’sa keeper with more passes than Schmeichel. 

How many times are we in the opposing this and our player panics and sends the ball backwards

4 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

You say undeserved and then go on to list the reasons why we deserve to go out. 

2 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

Stats mean jack if we aren’t going to convert

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

Should we probably have won this game, yes. We were still utter shit though, the play the tragically boring and the same problems are constantly there. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Vardys getting older.

Tielemans is going with no clear replacement. 

Evans is getting more injury prone with age. While Fofana is far too good to stick with us.

No one who looks like they can really take the reigns at left  back right.

And the money needed to make the said problems go away are all tied up in the training ground money loan repayments.

Quote me on this in 3 years I dont mind looking stupid but after this season we will be a midtable side. We will never see European football at the KP again. After this season.

Ever lol lol

Drama queen. 

• Haha 3