Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-1 Spartak - Post-Match Thread

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Mh. First time in a long time I feel like in the back of my mind I'm doubting his ability to turn it around. 

I had these concerns after the first time we threw top four away after that initial covid break. There was that troubling track record of his, a lack of ability to turn around a nosedive. 

I still think its a weakness in his managerial style. Even if he does eventually lift it, it takes too long, we're far too streaky. A team of our caliber shouldn't be going from that level of performance against United to the games against Arsenal and Spartak in short succession. It's mad. 

I was impressed last year, almost every time we had a bad result we rallied fairly immediately. But through most of 2021 we've just been buttsliding. 

I dunno. I'm definitely not calling for his head but I also wouldn't be gutted if he was "poached."

Yes, he's overseen one of the best periods in our history but I do think that people overlook its also one of the best squads we've ever had, so that's fairly natural. 

Too many areas where we are simply not good enough. Under-coached. Defensive cohesion. Set Pieces in both boxes. Ball movement. Player movement. Basic decision making. Too many areas where we suffer too often to just call it an off day. These are all areas where I expect better preparation and results in year 3 of a managerial spell. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jekyll and Hyde performance that was. I'm pretty done hoping against hope that we stop with this rubbish 'wait and see' approach, because if it was not for the inevitable Daniel Amartey, we'd have been staring down the barrel of a 0-1 smash and grab there.

That said, I just found my blue tinted spectacles under the sofa, so I will say that we did put together a few nice moves that just lacked a final ball, and our defence looked better than usual.

Last two now a must win. Shouldn't have been. Thanks a fookin' lot boys.

Well that certainly indicated consistency - we do play awful with no intent, passion or drive. Been like this for quite som time now. But hooorayyy we had 73% possession........ sort it out NOW Brendan and earn your pay because this cannot continue.

I can't stress enough how poor that was. Spartak are a really poor team...in fact they are a joke of a team and club at the minute. We should be beating them comfortably and doing so with a few changes. That was pretty much our strongest team and we've barely created anything. It was awful.

We have some very good players but this turgid, passive, predictable, low-tempo possession game just isn't working. Even we have a moment of quality and the crowd get up we almost intentionally slow it right back down again. Same when Spartak made a rare venture forward, rather than exploit the space we just slow it back down. It can't continue, but unfortunately it will.

Add to that our Sunday League defending at the minute and it's hard to be very optimistic about our prospects this season.

We had to win that. We are now in a position where even if we beat Legia next, but then lose to Napoli and Legia beat Spartak then we are out.

• Like 4

We look painfully easy to play against. Defend deep, wait for us to give the ball away, wait for another defensive error on our part. Wash & repeat. 

I can't understand what BR has them doing in training, but he needs something different. 

Vardys getting older.

Tielemans is going with no clear replacement. 

Evans is getting more injury prone with age. While Fofana is far too good to stick with us.

No one who looks like they can really take the reigns at left  back right.

And the money needed to make the said problems go away are all tied up in the training ground money loan repayments.

Quote me on this in 3 years I dont mind looking stupid but after this season we will be a midtable side. We will never see European football at the KP again. After this season.

Edited by Fightforever

We were piss poor,to much pratting about passing side ways and back wards no attacking the wings Rodgers sets them up to play that way,ITS BORING.

we need a proper defensive coach as kolo toure just is not good enough.

Games like that you should be playing all your Big players from the start.

If players are fit enough to be subs they are fit enough to start.

7 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

What more quality do you want on top of Vardy, Tielemans, Daka, Iheanacho, Maddison? Etc etc. 

We have the quality required, we just don't have the mind set to put it to good use.

Meanwhile Soyuncu gives a goal away every game which gives us an uphill battle.

They’re just names. Reputations. It’s about performing on the day and today, none of them did. As I said, nobody was bad. But nobody was good. 🤷

3 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Jekyll and Hyde performance that was. I'm pretty done hoping against hope that we stop with this rubbish 'wait and see' approach, because if it was not for the inevitable Daniel Amartey, we'd have been staring down the barrel of a 0-1 smash and grab there.

That said, I just found my blue tinted spectacles under the sofa, so I will say that we did put together a few nice moves that just lacked a final ball, and our defence looked better than usual.

Last two now a must win. Shouldn't have been. Thanks a fookin' lot boys.

Where was the Jekyll? I only saw Hyde or bang average.