Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Arriba Los Zorros

Bertrand

Hope the club make it clear that themselves and Bertrand will be going separate ways in the summer. I also thought he'd be a decent back up much like Fuchs was but it would be disrespectful to Fuchs to put him anywhere near his level in reality. Hasn't really given a toss about putting in a shift for any game and just used to amble back every time in transition. Think I saw something like we had 1 win in his 9 starts for the club. Doesn't help that the backline he's alongside has been dross as well though.

God what an awful, awful signing he has been. And to give him number 5 as well... :facepalm:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tomek said:

Don’t forget, Brendan will be in charge of overhauling the squad come summer. 

based on recent signings, I dread to think  of the money we’ll waste. 

Yeah, I actually think this is the main reason to get rid of Brendan. signings like old Ryan B, Jannik V and Ayoze P are absolutely heinous. Bertrand managing to stand out as the worst of a bad bunch.

Agree with the poster about giving him the 5 shirt! 95 would be more appropriate! Surely we didn't think he'd be first choice. My god.

Its signings like this that scare me for the 'rebuild' because he was never going to feature for the remainder of the season anyway. 

On Sunday, we had Perez, Vestergaard & Soumare on the bench, over 50 million pounds worth of players that he signed who cant even get on. Dennis Praet shipped out on loan. 

Its all well and good talking about a rebuild, a clear out, the lack of investment but when YOUR signings aren't good enough to improve the first team and have an impact, its no wonder our first team has gone stale. 

• Like 1

See him through the surgery and rehabilitation, then release him. 

No hard feelings, but it has been a pretty disastrous signing for both parties involved.

Give him a chance to see out his playing days elsewhere, and we free up a place in the squad and on the wage bill. 

• 5 months later...
4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Does that mean we are not paying his wages, the insurance company is?

Plz explain?😊

Whilst I am an insurance broker (for ships  not sports related) my take on this would be, if he is deemed unfit to play again, the Insurers should cover his salary until the end of the contract period, subject to any agreed excess - i.e. as with car insurance, the Club must pay the first month or months depending upon what was agree between LCFC and the underwriters. If however, medical experts say he will be fit to play before the scheduled contract end date, then it is a case of negotiation with all parties with Club no doubt contributing something ‘If’ we are looking to cancel the contract.

I suspect Bertrand will not agree to losing a chunk of his future wages despite doing a ‘Matty Smith’ for the past months.  But I doubt many players would agree to taking a hit.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Does that mean we are not paying his wages, the insurance company is?

Plz explain?😊

I understand most PL clubs have all their players insured up to a certain value depending on player; so think wages would be recoverable in case of injury

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Could be a lie to cover up the fact Rodgers made a monumental error in signing him in the first place.

This is what I thought when he was conveniently sidelined last season.:brendan:

Tbf on paper, it wasn't a bad signing. An experienced pro to support Thomas down the left, whilst we brought back Ricardo and Castagne from injury and surgery, with JJ out till Xmas. 

Turned horribly with him catching Covid and then ruining his knee. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Tbf on paper, it wasn't a bad signing. An experienced pro to support Thomas down the left, whilst we brought back Ricardo and Castagne from injury and surgery, with JJ out till Xmas. 

Turned horribly with him catching Covid and then ruining his knee. 

But but but is it just my dislike of him or didn't he go straight into the starting 11 despite being bought as cover?