Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Arriba Los Zorros

Bertrand

On 09/08/2022 at 14:36, Cincinnati Fox said:

Complete incompetence.

a multi million pound waste of money (one of many)  and those responsible should be sacked.

Yes the back room recruitment goes….

but Rodgers little involvement will stay…:celebrate:

• 4 months later...

Rumours Bertrand is on £80k/wk. Pretty much sums up the club’s precarious position when it comes to FFP & LCFCs turnover to wages ratio issues. It’s not Bertrand’s fault he gets paid so much, after all it was LCFC that offered him his contract. Really poor management of players contracts has been going on for a few years now at the club and sadly it pains me to say that the Bertrand contract is not alone. Poor contract management is effectively bleeding the club dry. Can’t wait till the summer to get rid of this bloodsucking leech Bertrand and we can all move on

4 minutes ago, Notting your mums forest said:

Rumours Bertrand is on £80k/wk. Pretty much sums up the club’s precarious position when it comes to FFP & LCFCs turnover to wages ratio issues. It’s not Bertrand’s fault he gets paid so much, after all it was LCFC that offered him his contract. Really poor management of players contracts has been going on for a few years now at the club and sadly it pains me to say that the Bertrand contract is not alone. Poor contract management is effectively bleeding the club dry. Can’t wait till the summer to get rid of this bloodsucking leech Bertrand and we can all move on

It's both 'not his fault he gets paid so much' and 'a bloodsucking leech'!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stu said:

See he was at Chelsea’s match today. I wonder when was the last time he was at the KP supporting his teammates?

What a frightful disaster his signing has been.

I think you’re being kind. Given the few times he did play he made bad errors, I think he’ll go down in folklore as one of our very worst signings.

Shame because he was past his best, but I still thought it made some sense as a squad player - particularly as we had just lost Fuchs. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jimmy said:

£150k a week being paid to 2 defenders signed from Southampton against the clubs usual policy of signing players, neither have been first choice at any point

And both were in the side we beat 9-0. What Fvckin moron signed that pair? 

I’ve got 2 players for you

any good

top notch but it’s not their fault you’re so good

we’ll take em then.

It ain’t the manager that needs sacking , it’s whoever is responsible for that pair that needs sacking

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

And both were in the side we beat 9-0. What Fvckin moron signed that pair? 

I’ve got 2 players for you

any good

top notch but it’s not their fault you’re so good

we’ll take em then.

It ain’t the manager that needs sacking , it’s whoever is responsible for that pair that needs sacking

the manager, the clubs transfer people didn't recommend signing them, the manager insisted on them, he even insisted Vestergaard wasn't a panic signing until it suited him better to say he was signed as back up, £15m and £70k/week on a back up CB?

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

And Rodgers has final say on all transfers. This guy was bought in to replace Fuchs. That just shows how far we have regressed. Who signed Fuchs? Pearson or Ranieri? 

Pearson, but apparently they never actually met as he was sacked shortly after him arriving.

• Like 1

The scary thing is, there was quite a delay on him signing for us because as it was all nearly agrees, his agent attempted to pull out because they wanted at least a 3+ year contract. Thank god we didn't fall for it as we'd still have another year or more of paying him obscene wages.

• Like 3