Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Arriba Los Zorros

Bertrand

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Time to get behind whoever plays and the Manager.

As long as they stick in the effort we had against Liverpool, we will pick up some points.

You do realise that neither Bertrand or Vestergaard played don’t you?

12 minutes ago, KingsX said:

We'd best man up and get behind them then.  Moaning or booing won't improve their performances.

Teenagers who've never even had a loan aren't much of an alternative in defense.

There's nothing wrong with not going out on loan. Dunno why people are obsessed with sending players out on loan.

Look at Trent at Liverpool, Curtis Jones also, both in the first team but didn't go out on loan. If they're decent enough, play them.

Who knows. Nelson, for instance, might end up being better than Vestergaard but until given a run we won't know.

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not sure why you would think that from what I said. 

You mentioned about sticking in the same effort, the reason fans are a bit fed up with these pair is because they don’t look like they put in the same effort as we did in that game.

We're football fans, not magicians. 32,000 fans singing a players name cannot move a player 10 yards from playing the opposition onside, it's impossible. Although we once caused an earthquake so actually.....

A Bertrand Don't Come For Free

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

You mentioned about sticking in the same effort, the reason fans are a bit fed up with these pair is because they don’t look like they put in the same effort as we did in that game.

I was talking about the team in general not individuals

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Time to get behind whoever plays and the Manager.

As long as they stick in the effort we had against Liverpool, we will pick up some points.

The effort put in against Liverpool is all most have wanted I would imagine, win, draw or lose; let's see if it carries on.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, StanSP said:

Was he injured when we signed him? 

Missed the end of last season with a calf injury at Southampton

Played 9 days after joining us against Burton, didn't play against Wycombe, played against Villareal, played in the Community Shield, then missed the start of the season with Covid

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Season over for Bertrand

I really liked the look of him in pre-season and the community shield, not sure whether it was the covid doing him in long term or he is just poor, but I really did think he would be a decent back up option this season

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-ryan-bertrand-injury-6618527

Rodgers said on Bertrand: “Ryan’s had an operation and that’s going to keep him out for a large part of the season so it was only natural that he would come out of that (the Europa Conference League squad).

“I spoke to Ryan, his operation has gone well. He’s had a real challenging season himself. He hasn’t quite been to the level he would have liked for a number of reasons. This has probably topped it off for him.

“He’s got to go away now and he’ll recover, get himself stronger. He’ll be in when the others are off at the end of the season getting himself ready and then we’ll see what he’s like come pre-season.”

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Koke said:

Worst free transfer since Luis Hernandez. 

I'd say worse, at least Hernandez would've been on a fraction of the wage.

Mutual termination should be the decision here. Maybe help with the treatment and whatnot but absolutely pointless keeping him on.