Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Arriba Los Zorros

Bertrand

I'm not going to play 20-20 hindsight with this one as I thought Bertrand looked a sensible signing when we bought him in. At least he was free I suppose.

We probably know now why Southampton would only give him a 1 year contract. In retrospect that should have set alarm bells ringing. 

I don't think Lookman is a poor signing as he is only a loan, but we're now stuck with the wages of Vestergaard and Bertrand for 2-3 years. I think it's a shocking bit of business unless something dramatically changes. 

53 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So lets says he wants his whole contract paying up.

Why would you cough up a lump sum when you can spread the cost over 24 months 

To get him away from the training ground and for him to find another club - Also look to negotiate a reduction 

I just get rid of him tbh - no where the standard 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner

I find it bonkers how we always go on a mission to destroy at least one of our squad in a witch hunt. Perez has fallen off the radar but will soon be back, Bertrand and Vestergarrd are currently flavor of the month. 

does make me wonder if this is a reason behind how our atmosphere is a bit flat at the minute. To many off us turn up with a glass half empty mindset and turn on own rather to quick, or follow the pack mentality. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, berniethebolt said:

I find it bonkers how we always go on a mission to destroy at least one of our squad in a witch hunt.

It's always been that way.   Practically every season, there had to be one whipping boy.

The only exception I can think of, was our title year ... when we were so good, even the most miserable City fan couldn't find someone to pick on.

We must assume that Ryan Bertrand has become a multimillionaire by conning the entire football community for the last fifteen years. This geezer is obviously seriously clever and will probably end up owning his own football club. That aside there is actual documentary evidence that he can blag a decent performance so I haven't given up hope yet.

Looking over the season thus far, when the gruesome twosome have started either one or both the stats look like. I didn't venture into the coming on an subs and us then shipping goals - like against L'pool..

Won 2

Draw 6

Lost 4

God help us all.

Bertrand was a good player but we've caught him on his way down and I think the intention was for him to be a squad player to cover then to ever be our first choice. He looks a mile off it right now and I don't think you can just put that down to covid. 

36 minutes ago, eblair said:

What a coward, injured in the warm up my arse, pathetic excuse of a footballer

anyone who has played football knows this sort of behaviour 

youve-just-won-the-tin-foll-hat-award-mememaker-ne-image-53565468.png

Edited by turlo

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/12/2021 at 14:19, berniethebolt said:

I find it bonkers how we always go on a mission to destroy at least one of our squad in a witch hunt. Perez has fallen off the radar but will soon be back, Bertrand and Vestergarrd are currently flavor of the month. 

does make me wonder if this is a reason behind how our atmosphere is a bit flat at the minute. To many off us turn up with a glass half empty mindset and turn on own rather to quick, or follow the pack mentality. 

I'll not disapoint you, I'll stick all 3 together!

Surely we couldn't rip Chelsea off again could we? All we need to do then is get Man United to buy Vestergaard to play alongside Maguire and Newcastle to take Perez back and we can repair the damage caused by Brendan's transfer expertise!

Just to add a bit of fairness however, Perez got most of his stick when continually stuck out on the right, not his fault and he did his best. Not great, but certainly a lot better in the middle. 

Vestergaard looked solid in the Euro's didn't he? He's got a decent pass in him as well. Is he also merely struggling due to tactics ie lack of pace when asked to play a high line slightly reminiscent of Huth and Morgan when Kante and Drinkwater had gone?

I watched Bertrand pre-season, particularly against Villareal and thought he looked ideal for what we needed. However, just because they are ultra fit sportsmen doesn't take into account the potential ravages of Covid. He was really struggling I thought upon his return and I personally cut him a bit of slack at the moment due to the ultra fitness required at this level. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We've now got a month of Brrtrand and Vestergaard playing for us, somebody please hold me.

We'd best man up and get behind them then.  Moaning or booing won't improve their performances.

Teenagers who've never even had a loan aren't much of an alternative in defense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We've now got a month of Brrtrand and Vestergaard playing for us, somebody please hold me.

Time to get behind whoever plays and the Manager.

As long as they stick in the effort we had against Liverpool, we will pick up some points.

• Like 1