Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jim5000

We’re not signing anyone, are we?

Two weeks left in the transfer window, our squad past bare bones and an incredibly disappointing season derailed by continual, long term, injury problems, and a bench made up of under 23 players

Yet we don’t seem to be signing anyone….

Have the club written off this season?

Edited by jim5000

Still think something could happen for Nat Phillips from Liverpool on deadline day, they say they're looking for a fee but may consider a loan if no one else offers a permanent move.Would happily loan out Bertrand to a Championship club, just so long as they haven't seen him this season we might be able to tempt a play off contender to take him.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

January is always a bad time to buy players. It would probably be better to save the cash and put towards a run next season tbh. Also how do we know brendan has not agreed to take over from part time ragniak at utd in the summer and top wants plenty of funds for a new gaffa ? 

We dont know where we stand with Youri either . We could have offered him a huge deal to stay which would push us to the limits financially and would need to offload players in order to finance more wage wise and we cant do that at the moment as we are threadbare . 

Ive not written the season off yet 

Still in a european cup regardless of what one it is 

Still in the f.a cup 

Still in with a shout of a top 6 finish 

Im sure newcastle fans would snap your hand off for a swap 

....I am sure, that is not what they are thinking!!!

Rodgers has said several times that the club is looking for cover at CB. But we have to be realistic, we had no outgoings in the summer and already signed a player we didn't intended to get in Vestergaard.

I expect we will loan near the end of the window. Could see someone like Boly from Wolves who isn't starting at the moment, or someone like that. Hopefully not as bad as Ryan Bennet, but wouldn't expect a superstar either.

Ah God, we get this every window.

January business for us is rare as rocking horse poo. Getting a Tielemans is rare, clubs are charging a premium and most players that are any good aren't moving mid-season. Even if we sign 4 players, people want 5.

Pretty sure no-one at the club as given up. But there's a 6ft 8 CB turns up at the training ground every day that reminds them what happens when you just spunk cash at the first club with the first available player.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'd quite happily take Christian Eriksen and Liam Moore this window. Probably won't happen though.

Cheap and adds more depth.

Regroup over the summer, sort out some contracts and push on.

As wonderful as it would be to go out and spend 50m on a player, we don't have the money or a great track record for spending a fortune.

It could be worse, I remember when our record signing cost 350k. And about 5 different players came in for that price, it seemed we'd never go over it.

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1

We can only have a 25 man squad, Mendy possibly taking Benkovic’s place in the PL squad, without someone moving on, we don’t really have the room to bring anyone in.

We do have an U23 squad with lots of incredibly talented players who are capable of filling any gaps.

9 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I'd quite happily take Christian Eriksen and Liam Moore this window. Probably won't happen though.

Cheap and adds more depth.

Regroup over the summer, sort out some contracts and push on.

As wonderful as it would be to go out and spend 50m on a player, we don't have the money or a great track record for spending a fortune.

It could be worse, I remember when our record signing cost 350k. And about 5 different players came in for that price, it seemed we'd never go over it.

I've said this since Inter let him go. I've no idea what the medical would turn up or just how much the insurance would cost but he'd be worth a short term deal. But at the same time we've got other priorities right now.

36 minutes ago, iancognito said:

January business for us is rare as rocking horse poo. Getting a Tielemans is rare, clubs are charging a premium and most players that are any good aren't moving mid-season. Even if we sign 4 players, people want 5.

Pretty sure no-one at the club as given up. But there's a 6ft 8 CB turns up at the training ground every day that reminds them what happens when you just spunk cash at the first club with the first available player.

.....he had previously been scouted by us for some time, it has proven to be a poor judgment call!!!

39 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'd like to add that there's still time for the season to be a lot less disappointing - if you're quitting less than halfway through, then you really have a short memory of what Leicester City can do.

12 points behind 4th with 4 games in hand. Stranger things have happened to Leicester City Football Club.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iancognito said:

Oh yeah, every single January for sure, without fail.

I mean half of you lot probably still supported Manchester United when we were struggling in the championship pre Manadric so don’t remember but even then we had people complaining we weren’t making major signings despite the fact we were owed the the tea lady 2 months wages.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1