Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

2 hours ago, majaco said:

Any ITKs k ow what's going on  with Soyuncu?

Is he now 4th choice centre back? Amartey is being picked ahead of him.

Or has a transfer been agreed and he is being protected?

I think the answer to both of your questions is probably yes ……

I'd since he bottled the tackle at Spurs which lead to a goal yes.

• Like 1

I think it's a good time to cash on on both of them.

• Like 2

Think Brendan was on about him as one of them players who think they are a level above and really aren't showing that. What i want to know with the likes of him and Tielemans is - how does a scout genuinely put forward a case for spending that kind of money on someone like that when they've clearly both had a lot of games this season where they've downed tools. 

Imagine Ten Haag at Man United saying he doesn't want anymore players who have the talent but not the attitude. These 2 lads have hardly made a strong case for themselves in that regard. I rated them both so highly this time last year but a hell of a lot of goodwill has gone. 

8 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Think Brendan was on about him as one of them players who think they are a level above and really aren't showing that. What i want to know with the likes of him and Tielemans is - how does a scout genuinely put forward a case for spending that kind of money on someone like that when they've clearly both had a lot of games this season where they've downed tools. 

Imagine Ten Haag at Man United saying he doesn't want anymore players who have the talent but not the attitude. These 2 lads have hardly made a strong case for themselves in that regard. I rated them both so highly this time last year but a hell of a lot of goodwill has gone. 

There’s a difference between downing tools and just being crap, soyunchu has had some shocking games - wouldn’t say he downed tools and didn’t give a shit though

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

There’s a difference between downing tools and just being crap, soyunchu has had some shocking games - wouldn’t say he downed tools and didn’t give a shit though

Maybe it's just lack of desire compared to other seasons from them both. But i refuse to believe either of them could have been that bad for that many games without it being a mental issue. 

I'm not one to bang on about how much they are paid compared to normal jobs that we all have to get up and do every day, but i do find it quite astonishing how many quality footballers get away with having such bad attitudes towards their work.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Some managers/clubs entire recruitment model is on taking talented players who have list their way and revitalising them. Plenty will still fancy their chances of getting Soyuncu back to 2019/20 levels /Bundesliga team of the season. Especially with only 1 ywar left on his deal.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Some managers/clubs entire recruitment model is on taking talented players who have list their way and revitalising them. Plenty will still fancy their chances of getting Soyuncu back to 2019/20 levels /Bundesliga team of the season. Especially with only 1 ywar left on his deal.

Well i'd certainly think twice bout them both with teh sorts of fees being touted for them. There is better options for a lot of clubs. Like i said with Man United they'd definitely be less likely to look at Tielemans given the season he has had. He's done exactly what most their squad has done for years. I'm not being fooled by games like today where he's finally deciding to turn it on. He's done a lot to undo his legacy at the club for me. I hope when he's gone i can just put this season out my mind and just remember him for the FA Cup Goal and the quality over the other 2 seasons. 

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If Soyuncu had played the last 3 seasons for someone like Villa or West Ham and was available for £25m or so then i'd be all over it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Because in that transfer window when we brought benko and soyuncu in we were screwed with centre backs. 

10 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

... Tielemans I have said before, can look like a first class player and in the same game look like a pub football player!!!

His game is so erratic and it is not about him downing tools, he just can't help having these poor games.

If Kasper has to run 40 yards down the pitch to put an are around his shoulder after another of his slip ups has cost us a goal, then even the players that he trains with, are aware of the likelihood of him messing up.

If the suggestion of him, insisting on guaranteed playing time is true, then perhaps it explains why, with the option of going to United, "he chose" to come here instead.

19 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Because in that transfer window when we brought benko and soyuncu in we were screwed with centre backs. 

.. Benkovic was sent out on loan and Caglar was not brought fully into the first team until  Maguire went to United, almost a season after his arrival!!!

The thing was, we were not too sure that he could step up and were looking at Tarkowski and Vestergaard as possible options.

The fact that he was so good, was a massive relief. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

How? 

By looking as disinterested as he has done. The Forest game is as bad as it gets for me and i am still seething with every one of the players who played that day, none more so than him. But it isn;t just about that. If he applied himself with the professionalism he should have this season, and it isnt just him, then we'd have done so much better. I find it difficult to believe so many defend him so much when he's been given the role he has in our side. Last season and the FA Cup goal don't give him a free pass to give up. And like i said i'm far from one to moan about individuals, even back in the days of pure dross like Carl Cort and the like i would always get behind them. Least they were actually shit. It's only because he is so good its been so disheartening to watch. 

On 02/05/2022 at 11:02, Ric Flair said:

Still love Soyuncu, none of our other defenders come close at launching attacks as he does but he's really had a bad season defensively by his standards.

& Every Player deserves some Play room & a Drop Off season, Partial or whole...

See no reason in any Desire to lose him, hes proved himself in this league & we Need

the Fofana,Evans & Soyuncu span, because of finding & then  getting such known quality to walk into the side aint an Automatic go go..

Some Posters seem to have forgot those recent problems...

Proves the fickle

lside of the modern fans base, who cant Take that pressure of supporting & encouraging players through their down times...

I had really high hopes for him, his breakthrough season I couldn’t believe how good he was. It’s a shame it seems like he is leaving but probably best for all parties.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I’m sorry but I’m not having that. Rodgers has constantly praised Tielemans for his professionalism this season and there hasn’t been any issues with his discipline. Not playing well isn’t tarnishing his legacy, he’s not disrespected the club and will always be remembered as a great player for us by the majority. 

Well put it this way, he's gone from me wanting him to stay forever to not giving a shit he's going in a few weeks

2 hours ago, Bptiger said:

On YOURI he has thrown his toys out of the cot , u can see he doesn’t want to be here , so good by , don’t let the door hit on the way out . 
cags I think most on here are been a bit hard on him , he has had to carry the weight for most of the season , the midfield has been crap in front of him , and yes he has made some bad mistakes but I still think he is a better option than bringing in a new back , I would like to see him stay 

Me too. Played in a two with Fofana or Evans I could see him getting back to form. It was Rodgers hanging him out to dry on the extreme left of a three that caused him to lose his confidence I feel in the first place. There's 2 games left to try him alongside Fofana so why not. He's got reasonable pace compared to someone like Tarkowski if Rodgers wants to play a high line again next season. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1