Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

He's never been constantly good for more than half a season. I thought he had almost limitless potential when he broke into the team in 19/20 but he's just never going to be totally reliable 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He's never been constantly good for more than half a season. I thought he had almost limitless potential when he broke into the team in 19/20 but he's just never going to be totally reliable 

Totally reliable CBs , There have been few in history. Even the great Jonny cocks up occasionally.

• Like 2

On 23/04/2022 at 13:35, Ric Flair said:

He's turned his season around IMO, he's back to being much more reliable and his long range passing is a sensation.

That said, he's not going to sign a new contract here unless we offer stupid so we have to sell this summer.

While that's very valid I'd sell him for the very reason that he's simply unreliable and not good enough.

What you need in your CBs is consistancy. He doesn't provide that.

Time to bring in someone new.

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

While that's very valid I'd sell him for the very reason that he's simply unreliable and not good enough.

What you need in your CBs is consistancy. He doesn't provide that.

Time to bring in someone new.

If he signed a new deal he's a superb 3rd choice CB for us, I don't think his dips in form have been any worse than almost every player we have bar perhaps his first couple of months this season. He was obscene 1st half of 2029/20, was solid almost the entire of 2020/21 bar his head loss at home to Newcastle and then this season he started awfully but the last few months he's been as good as ever.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If he signed a new deal he's a superb 3rd CB for us, I don't think his dips in form have been any worse than every player we have bar his first couple of this season. He was obscene 1st half of 2029/20, was solid the of 2020/21 bar his head loss at home to Newcastle and then this season he started awfully but the last few he's been as good as ever.

While I understand what your saying I have to disagree. He'd be a very expensive 3rd choice and you still couldn't be sure what kind of performance your going to get from him.

As any Manager will tell you that's a problem. One we don't need.

I'd sooner give that opportunity to a young up and coming player who may make a few mistakes but at least ihe wont cost us a small fortune in the process.

I don't think he's been that great recently either, yes he has improved since before Christmas but not enough for me. wasn't he at fault for the Villa Goal and had a hand in the Everton goal also.

We know any player can make a mistake but mistakes by your CB usually end up in goals. What we need is consistancy from our CBs.

11 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

I'm not sure what it is about our recruitment that makes people so desperate to sell someone like Soyuncu.

Especially when we have two CBs in the First Team squad, who are worse than him.

You you are right which is why all these fringe players need to go this Summer. That is if we are serious about continuing our upward curve towards consistant top 6.

What we need is quality over quantity.

45 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

While I understand what your saying I have to disagree. He'd be a very expensive 3rd choice and you still couldn't be sure what kind of performance your going to get from him.

As any Manager will tell you that's a problem. One we don't need.

I'd sooner give that opportunity to a young up and coming player who may make a few mistakes but at least ihe wont cost us a small fortune in the process.

I don't think he's been that great recently either, yes he has improved since before Christmas but not enough for me. wasn't he at fault for the Villa Goal and had a hand in the Everton goal also.

We know any player can make a mistake but mistakes by your CB usually end up in goals. What we need is consistancy from our CBs.

Soyuncu with Wes is very different. I want to keep him

7 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Rather sell him this summer for £20-£30m to be able to reinvest that into a centre back on a 4 year+ contract

Rather than keep him for 1 more year, lose him on a free, and potentially have to take funds away from other positions to replace him

We can’t particularly afford to let players we can get decent money for stay and then walk for free

If we're getting rid of Soyuncu before Vestergaard and Amartey, why not get rid of Ndidi and keep Mendy and Choudhury?

I don't understand why people want Rodgers to spend money, when he has a horrific recruitment record at every club he has been at, sending them all backwards significantly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

If we're getting rid of Soyuncu before Vestergaard and Amartey, why not get rid of Ndidi and keep Mendy and Choudhury?

I don't understand why people want Rodgers to spend money, when he has a horrific recruitment record at every club he has been at, sending them all backwards significantly.

We're only selling Soyuncu because he's out of contract next year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

And I don’t understand why people put such decisions on some perceived autocratic manager….

Really u want to get rid of him , he had had to carry the load with WES and EVANS been out for most of his he season . Cags is is very good centre back when he has another class centre back along side him , try getting another player with his experience for under 30 million . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

Soyuncu has a value and would be in demand. Verstergaard doesn’t.
That’s why he’s more likely to be sold first. Also the fact that the player would not lose financially be moving. Some of our other squad players would, which is why they are harder to sell.  

1 hour ago, Bptiger said:

Really u want to get rid of him , he had had to carry the load with WES and EVANS been out for most of his he season . Cags is is very good centre back when he has another class centre back along side him , try getting another player with his experience for under 30 million . 

Try getting one from a starting point of £0 when he walks for nothing next summer

Selling him this summer gives us a better chance of being able to replace him more adequately when we can put £20m+ towards it

• Like 4

People saying why do we want to sell him, we don’t, but our hands are tied if we let him run his contract down. We cannot risk him leaving on a free, a £20 million signing leaving for free in his mid twenties is not something we can afford to do! Look at Chelsea losing rudiger on a free, big purchase (I think) leaving for nothing. Cost a lot for them to replace, regardless of their restrictions at the minute! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Has Soyuncu actually said he wants to leave?

Irrelevant. Facts will never get in the way of assumptions on FT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest StevieLynex
6 hours ago, Viva said:

Soyuncu has a value and would be in demand. Verstergaard doesn’t.
That’s why he’s more likely to be sold first. Also the fact that the player would not lose financially be moving. Some of our other squad players would, which is why they are harder to sell.  

We could buy two Vestys!

4 hours ago, ceebeefox said:

Sell Soyuncu, and bring back McGuire. Though he probably wouldn’t return. His problems at United wouldn’t occur here with our midfield even as it is, United don’t have one in front of him!

Hmm...If we can get him for 15 million, I'm in lol