Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

29 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

He also dug out Soyuncu in the Spurs post match interview on RL. When talking about his challenge before the goal (or lack thereof) he said said along the lines of “when you have defenders doing that there’s no hope”.

I think it’s fair to say Rodgers lost patience with him some time ago and there’s no way he’ll be here next season. It’s pretty obvious he’s candidate #1 on the “rebuild” list.

Shame, but he’s been awful this season. 

Troy Deeney on Match of the Day 2 analysed Soyuncu better than most and called for his fellow team mates to call him out over his lack of desire and effort.Get rid but £30 mil ? More likely loan or 10 - 15 with one year on his contract.

7 hours ago, Collymore said:

Interesting hearing Rodgers post match yesterday. When asked about the set piece problems he says something along the lines of "You can't give aggression to people who don't have it so I'll sort in summer transfer window" 

I think it's pretty obvious that Amartey is never going to be first choice but that's a pretty damning from Rodgers publicly with Cags I feel.  Listen from 1:45

...throwing players under the bus again!!!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, majaco said:

I really want to get behind Soyuncu but it is difficult to do so.

It isn't just this season  that he has been inconsistent with poor moments.  

Was his moment of madness against Bournemouth two seasons ago?  It contributed to us not getting the champions league.   

Of course players make mistakes.   But if the mistakes start to seem consistent as a player gains experience, there is a problem.  

For a while, it looked like he could develop as a leader in a great team.   He has been part of a defence that regularly concedes soft goals and is dreadful at defending set pieces.

It seems he should be a threat from attacking set pieces but he rarely is.  

I was a huge Soyuncu fan.   It has taken time for me to change view but I would not be disappointed if we sold him in the summer.   

...I  remember a poster questioning if Evans was trying to get himself set off, in a couple of games, last season if not the season before!!!

There has been moments where our players have completely lost it, and you wonder what happens in those situations, that caused them to act in that manner.

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Troy Deeney on Match of the Day 2 analysed Soyuncu better than most and called for his fellow team mates to call him out over his lack of desire and effort.Get rid but £30 mil ? More likely loan or 10 - 15 with one year on his contract.

Deeney single handedly chopped £10 million off of his value. All this criticism of Caglar will not go unnoticed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Deeney single handedly chopped £10 million off of his value. All this criticism of Caglar will not go unnoticed.

Was pretty brutal.

Probably say the same about some of ours if he could.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jerry said:

No chance of a loan with only a year left 

we will sell for whatever we can get above £15m ……

Still think there's a fantastic player in there somewhere but he's had a poor season. That said, he looked decent alongside Fofana the other week. Seems he needs a leader next to him and he's okay. That partnership with Big Dan has been abysmal because neither are organisers, they don't seem to communicate well at all. Amazingly that partnership seems to get worse the more they play together.

Hard to tell if his heart's still in it because of his permanent resting bitch face never gives away any emotion.

• Like 2

Oof they really did lay into him on MOTD2, didn't they? And rightly so. Brendan's comments about lack of aggression being a big problem in the team are 100% aimed at Cags, and not for the first time.

It's such a weird thing to level at Cags though, given his reputation. I always thought he was aggressive to the point of occasionally rash when we first signed him. Chilwell once said he "likes to inflict pain". Other members of the squad suggested he was pretty tough on the pitch too. What's happened??

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

Oof they really did lay into him on MOTD2, didn't they? And rightly so. Brendan's comments about lack of aggression being a big problem in the team are 100% aimed at Cags, and not for the first time.

It's such a weird thing to level at Cags though, given his reputation. I always thought he was aggressive to the point of occasionally rash when we first signed him. Chilwell once said he "likes to inflict pain". Other members of the squad suggested he was pretty tough on the pitch too. What's happened??

....good question....!!!

He's been crap since we signed his best mate (Under) and then barely played him. Understandable at the time as Cengiz wasn't at the level we needed but it could somewhat explain Cags' dropoff. Thinking about it though, did he ever have that aggression to defend and attack set-pieces even at his best? He had the petulance and combustible nature (e.g. the Bournemouth debacle) but did he ever have that controlled desire? It was easy when he could stroll through games and flick the ball over players' heads and stride forward with the ball but I'm not sure the donkey work comes easy to him, despite him looking like a Roman centurion.

Edited by ALC Fox
Punctuation

17 hours ago, MPH said:

Interesting that Rodgers is being a bit more vociferous of his criticism of Soyuncu now that Evans and Fofana are back from injury..  

I think part of it is that Cags is obviously out this summer -- and with only a year left on his contract, we aren't going to get a huge amount for him in any event -- so it is better graphics that he is being sold for not being good enough than it to seem like he pushed for a move to a "better club."

2 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I think part of it is that Cags is obviously out this summer -- and with only a year left on his contract, we aren't going to get a huge amount for him in any event -- so it is better graphics that he is being sold for not being good enough than it to seem like he pushed for a move to a "better club."

Or the manager just thought he had a crap game, to much over thinking going on.

On 02/05/2022 at 09:21, Collymore said:

Interesting hearing Rodgers post match yesterday. When asked about the set piece problems he says something along the lines of "You can't give aggression to people who don't have it so I'll sort in summer transfer window" 

I think it's pretty obvious that Amartey is never going to be first choice but that's a pretty damning from Rodgers publicly with Cags I feel.  Listen from 1:45

I know I’m in the minority here being part of the Rodgers In brigade, but it’s interviews like this that convince me he is the man to take us forward. 

Not enough players willing to be aggressive and do the basics right. Get rid. 

he just isn’t there mentally at all. We’ve had some pretty dense players over the years but Cags is up there with the worst of them. 

Never known a player with such poor decision making skills. It’s a shame because he has all the tools (other than height) 

3 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

he’s had a terrible season.   Last year was woeful too. He’s not going to go to a better club than us and if he does it will be to be a bench warmer.  If he wants to give up first team football   At this stage of his career for the status  of being at a bigger club then that says more about him than us.