Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

Is this not the bottom line here? Youri has a bad game most of the time because he`s over thinking about his next big money move away from us,  which therefor drops Soyuncu in the shit at the back which then makes Soyuncu look like a poor player, He is not blessed with speed but can still do a good job in my opinion when his team mates are on the same page...

33 minutes ago, W88DY said:

Is this not the bottom line here? Youri has a bad game most of the time because he`s over thinking about his next big money move away from us,  which therefor drops Soyuncu in the shit at the back which then makes Soyuncu look like a poor player, He is not blessed with speed but can still do a good job in my opinion when his team mates are on the same page...

....the inability to lead is Soyuncu's problem!!!

Playing alongside Fofana, he needs to be the one controlling and organising the back-line, alongside Amartey, he allowed Amartey to take the lead and he defers to Evans. I really believe he is a top notch defender, he needs to step up and take charge.

He is just going to go elsewhere and become a number 2, and feel undervalued all over again.

• Like 1

We need someone who can step into the steady, reliable Evans role, and I don’t think Cags is that guy.  I’d worry about replacing Evans this summer (with someone a few years younger, even if Evans sticks around) with Cags money, and Fofana next summer with Fofana money (which will be a lot more, if he stays healthy).

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2

I’d have to say although he has not had his best season I’d still like him to stay.

If we can get another centre back in as good as Cags or get an obscene amount of money for him I wouldn’t be selling him if we think he will sign a new contact on reasonable terms. I don’t think he has  downed tools and we know on form he is capable of being one of the better defenders in the premier league. He gives us pace and aggression at the back which is rare. He is still relatively young, brings a bit of character to the team. We haven’t seen enough of him alongside Wes. 

His recent omission does make me think a deal has been done though. I’ll miss him if that is true. And singing that song. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bptiger said:

On YOURI he has thrown his toys out of the cot , u can see he doesn’t want to be here , so good by , don’t let the door hit on the way out . 
cags I think most on here are been a bit hard on him , he has had to carry the weight for most of the season , the midfield has been crap in front of him , and yes he has made some bad mistakes but I still think he is a better option than bringing in a new back , I would like to see him stay 

I think we should keep as well he was class the season Maquire left playing in a back 3 probably hasn't helped him and he has not had the best season but you don't go from good to shit like that.

agree with @HighPeakFox the song is absolute garbage.

He is one of my favourite players & I'm disappointed that his form has dropped off this season.

What worries me is that that our Defensive coaches have really underwhelmed in organizing our defence & not improving Cags as a player.

Edited by gurru991
Grammar
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

You mean Kolo......who once tricked a student into believing he was a car salesman 😏

Well he tricked us into believing he was a defensive coach :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Feels like the right time now for both parties. Another season could see him mentally down tools full stop. Been great for large part, wish him well but very replaceable.

It's never easy to replace centre backs as we learned earlier this season.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, gurru991 said:

He is one of my favourite players & I'm disappointed that his form has dropped off this season.

What worries me is that that our Defensive coaches have really underwhelmed in organizing our defence & not improving Cags as a player.

There’s only so much coaching can achieve, all you have to do is watch Cags and mentally he’s not at this level, he ball watches constantly whilst his man moves off him in the box, it’s like watching a kid play. Doesn’t get touch tight and drifts into sh!t areas. We absolutely need to cash in this summer, he’s fell off a cliff this season and is reverting back to the error prone kid who first broke through.

No ill feelings towards the guy, but this summer is absolutely the right time for both parties to go their own ways!

5 hours ago, gurru991 said:

It's never easy to replace centre backs as we learned earlier this season.

what’s going to be hard to replace exactly? he’s been awful for ages and is rightfully behind big dan right now. 

15 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

what’s going to be hard to replace exactly? he’s been awful for ages and is rightfully behind big dan right now. 

Great !! 

Who are you replacing him with?

Do Southampton have a special on for defenders ??

We've done well shopping there before !!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Great !! 

Who are you replacing him with?

Do Southampton have a special on for defenders ??

We've done well shopping there before !!

we wouldn’t even notice he’s gone. You could replace him with a fart and it would make no difference to our points tally next year. 

im joking but if we can’t use a whole summer to replace a defender who has been completely useless for 18 months, then we have much bigger problems! 

Edited by Lambert09

8 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

we wouldn’t even notice he’s gone. You could replace him with a fart and it would make no difference to our points tally next year. 

im joking but if we can’t use a whole summer to replace a defender who has been completely useless for 18 months, then we have much bigger problems! 

A fart would have done better at winning that 50/50 he bottled against Spurs.