Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

3 hours ago, iancognito said:

Aston Villa: Christian Purslow to step down as chief executive - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65876630

He stayed on when they sacked his boy Gerrard but signing Tielemans was the final straw

getting monchi,

villa really are the coulda, shoulda been us team.  In fact we were probably in a better situation to get where they are, then they were. It stings 

Just now, Lambert09 said:

getting monchi,

villa really are the coulda, shoulda been us team.  In fact we were probably in a better situation to get where they are, then they were. It stings 

They’ve just got a lot more money that’s free to spend, though. 

COVID + Fofana’s injury absolutely fvcked us. 

• Like 3

Also losing Whelan from PL meetings who was thought to have something about her (whether she’s was partly to do with the cause of our demise or not) and stood up to the power clubs.

Looks like the establishment have got their way.

50 minutes ago, Matt said:

Also losing Whelan from PL meetings who was thought to have something about her (whether she’s was partly to do with the cause of our demise or not) and stood up to the power clubs.

Didn't we tend to vote with the big 6 on a lot of things?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I thought we generally voted against.

Admitedly I can only think of two things off the top of my head:

•Voting against clubs using Furlough.

•Voting against PPV games.

I’m sure there are other instances but I cannot think of them lol 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Why wasn't Susan in the PL meetings anymore? Did we send Rudkin?

4 hours ago, Matt said:

I thought we generally voted against.

Admitedly I can only think of two things off the top of my head:

•Voting against clubs using Furlough.

Voting against PPV games.

I’m sure there are other instances but I cannot think of them lol 

I randomly thought about those, the other day. It made me angry all over again. 

Fvcking £15 for a game that's being shown in every other country than the one It's played in at no extra charge.

6 hours ago, filbertway said:

If memory serves correct.I think they voted for overseas tv cash to be shared by placings.An odd decision that seemed a very short sighted tactic.Even though the club was flying at the time.

On 11/06/2023 at 22:19, BillyFOX12 said:

The last time Danny Ward was brought up as plausible candidate on the Spurs forum, their fans had this to say:

IMG_1846.thumb.jpeg.6ba29de443c0691a6072b8153e776cf8.jpegIMG_1847.thumb.jpeg.892bfc2a131b786a811d5990ce6499bd.jpeg

There won't be any other outcome other than relegation if they do put Danny Ward in goal.

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Arsenal close to agreeing the transfer of Rice for over £100m, haaa yeah we weren’t overachieving with our budget 😂 

We were thanks to some lovely work by Pearson/Walsh and later Puel/Macia.

Enter Rodgers, all of a sudden we're relegated with the 7th highest wage spend in the league lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

We were thanks to some lovely work by Pearson/Walsh and later Puel/Macia.

Enter Rodgers, all of a sudden we're relegated with the 7th highest wage spend in the league lol

It wasn't "all of a sudden" though was it. Jesus man. We were shit last season but Rodgers built on what Puel left and won trophies. Thought we were never going to get relegated under Puel, we were never going to win anything either.

I will now await a laughing emoji to my post.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

It wasn't "all of a sudden" though was it. Jesus man. We were shit last season but Rodgers built on what Puel left and won trophies. Thought we were never going to get relegated under Puel, we were never going to win anything either.

I will now await a laughing emoji to my post.

He used the team they put together better than Puel did. 

Bit by bit he increased the wage spend and lowered the value of the squad. 

No idea how you can say he built on anything. Unless we have different definitions of what building is.

29 minutes ago, filbertway said:

He used the team they put together better than Puel did. 

Bit by bit he increased the wage spend and lowered the value of the squad. 

No idea how you can say he built on anything. Unless we have different definitions of what building is.

In terms of taking the team and actually winning something, I didn't mean in terms of building the team as Puel did that really well. Puel was never the man to take the team and win trophies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

In terms of taking the team and actually winning something, I didn't mean in terms of building the team as Puel did that really well. Puel was never the man to take the team and win trophies.

I feel like a lot of footballing disagreements come from people just having slightly different definitions of words :D

Although, I would like to see how Rodgers got on if his 3 midfield options were Nidi, Mendy, Hamza and Iborra. Never really got to see him with Youri as he was sacked a game or two after  Youri was signed.