Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

£100 million to pay in a poxy non league that wouldn't even get a sniff of conference players if it wasn't for the oil money?

Lost some respect there. Could walk into any club in the world. Same with Benzema. Both tarnishing their legacies, for me. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

How can anyone 'deserve' £100m annual salary?

Jesus. Obviously no one deserves 100 million pound salary but what I mean is plenty of oil money slushing around the game and if it wasn't him it would be someone else. So due to his humble nature, his incredible talent and the great memories he gave me im glad its him. 

• Like 1

Just now, fox_up_north said:

£100 million to pay in a poxy non league that wouldn't even get a sniff of conference players if it wasn't for the oil money?

Lost some respect there. Could walk into any club in the world. Same with Benzema. Both tarnishing their legacies, for me. 

Both in their late 30s won about 40 trophies between them including the champions league 7 times and the world cup, I think their legacies are pretty secure. 

6 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

How is it any different to going and playing in the MLS?

• Like 3

Saudi's intent on buying up sport in general.

I wonder if they will go the way of China eventually though, and without the huge TV deals and sponsorships, these crazy contracts they are dishing out will only be around so long before they begin reigning it in. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Saudi's intent on buying up sport in general.

I wonder if they will go the way of China eventually though, and without the huge TV deals and sponsorships, these crazy contracts they are dishing out will only be around so long before they begin reigning it in. 

Sick isn't it.....for years they were pirating Premier League broadcasts from Qatar's BeIN sports and the Premier League turned a blind eye.....only when Qatar said they would object to Saudi's takeover of Newcastle, that resulted in Saudi stopping their illegal piracy.

• Like 2

Listen I hate the Saudis more than most people. But if you offered me 100 million I'd sit down and keep my mouth shut and play lol. Even if I was already a multi- millionaire, it would be the easiest thing to just secure the bag and then buy a huge swathe of rainforest in the DRC or Indonesia or someplace and safeguard it for future generations. 

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be shocked if Vardy goes to Saudi this summer, he will realise his contract will be a huge burden to the club in the championship and I think it is an opportunity for him and his family to secure one final massive pay day that will set him and his immediate family and future generations for life, whilst also helping to safeguard the immediate future of the football club by creating a big reduction off the wage bill for reinvestment into the playing squad and the revival of Leicester City 

12 hours ago, The Doctor said:

https://www.espn.com.br/futebol/manchester-united/artigo/_/id/12157802/ex-namorada-acusa-antony-do-manchester-united-de-agressoes-e-ameaca-bo-relata-quatro-episodios-de-violencia

Very not good, and a new way of a club being complicit in the domestic abuse and violence (two club doctors attending to her injuries but not making any report of the incidents to the police) 

I'm pretty sure a Doctor cannot report things to the police if the victim asks them not to, and possibly not to their employer either.

Edited by Jon the Hat

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

I'm pretty sure a Doctor cannot report things to the police if the victim asks them not to, and possibly not to their employer either.

I think there's a duty of care in that if consent isn't given, it can be deemed in the public interest to disclose it to police if necessary. 

• Like 1

Yeah it kind of poo poos the image of Kante of a humble guy with a mini and scooter who doesn’t care about money.

Explains why he put a release clause in his contract and left us at the first opportunity too. And people slate Mahrez, geez…

11 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Yeah it kind of poo poos the image of Kante of a humble guy with a mini and scooter who doesn’t care about money.

Explains why he put a release clause in his contract and left us at the first opportunity too. And people slate Mahrez, geez…

I think Kante does what the people who look after his interests tell him to do.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

I think Kante does what the people who look after his interests tell him to do.

It was his choice between the contract Chelsea offered him and the €100m one year deal in a nothing league in a human rights abusing country. They can advise him all they like only he can make that decision. It’s one of the biggest gold digging move we’ve ever seen in English football, a bigger example of gold digging even than Ashley Cole’s move

• Like 1

I know it’s easy to say from my armchair. And that I’m just a kind of 42 year old loser with no talent and only one friend who is also my brother but……

If I were a footballer at the very highest level and had earned enough to last a few lifetimes I really genuinely honestly would rather spend my last couple of years playing for Burton Albion for nothing than get some megabucks final payday from unethical sources. 

Edited by RumbleFox

8 hours ago, TJQuik said:

How is it any different to going and playing in the MLS?

I’ve not watched any Saudi Pro League (why would anyone tbqh) and I’m still fairly certain that the standard of football in the MLS is better 

• Like 1

It's just another way to form this super League. Couldn't get it across the line here so just build it somewhere else. 

It was obvious the players would go for it as they just chase the money, so now they are tempting the players at the end of their contracts/career. It grows and grows and eventually the younger players will want a slice. 

This isn't the same as China as it's being bank rolled by a state that have unlimited amounts of money. 

The next thing they will do is buy up a club in Germany, Spain and probably somewhere like Portugal like they have with Newcastle and just attempt to dominate the leagues from the inside. 

There is no way to stop it and let's be honest the likes of uefa, FIFA and even Sky will get on board with it as they really don't care and are just the same as the players. 

I wonder if the reason the MLS have stated that bringing through young American talent is their priority anyway related to the power that the saudi league has now.  A decade ago the MLS were still obsessed with bringing in big name stars but now it seems the saudi league is the new MLS, I cant see it being as successful though.

Playing football in a league with barely any football history against weak opposition week in week out. Can imagine the French FA will be concerned about these moves, two of their top players playing in weak leagues. Not exactly going to make them better players.

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I know it’s easy to say from my armchair. And that I’m just a kind of 42 year old loser with no talent and only one friend who is also my brother but……

If I were a footballer at the very highest level and had earned enough to last a few lifetimes I really genuinely honestly would rather spend my last couple of years playing for Burton Albion for nothing than get some megabucks final payday from unethical sources. 

Depends though. A lot of footballers come from poverty, and they have learned since childhood to take whatever they are offered in case it suddenly goes away. So that desire to take more and more money is ingrained into their personality at a subconscious level. 

In a similar but more hard-wired way, a lot of people keep eating even though they know it makes them fat and they're not going to run out of food.

Edited by The Bear

18 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Playing football in a league with barely any football history against weak opposition week in week out. Can imagine the French FA will be concerned about these moves, two of their top players playing in weak leagues. Not exactly going to make them better players.

Kante isn’t one of their top players anymore