Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

28 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

And this Rudders is how you work around FFP.  ManC have been doing it for years with Etihad.  

Yes we did it for years with king power but they didn’t pay fair value, never mind over paying to circumvent some FFP restrictions (and that isn’t rudder’s responsibility) 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The decision to spend as much on the stadium (which I still think was far too excessive) aside, they're one of the better run clubs in the league. 

They've grown their product slowly and gradually from being some average mid table also-rans to being considered an established member of some Big Six and they've done it without billions in oil money. 

They sensibly reinvested the Bale money to really secure their place at the Champions League table for years and they'll probably look to do the same again selling Kane. 

They're a better run club than most, by and large. 

The one thing Spurs have done really well, as opposed to Arsenal (but it was a different time I suppose), is maximise their stadium for as much revenue as possible. Even unlike the other greedy six they’re incredibly well placed for brining in money all year round. I think once the stadium

debt trickles down a bit, we’ll see a different spurs going forwards.

45 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yes we did it for years with king power but they didn’t pay fair value, never mind over paying to circumvent some FFP restrictions (and that isn’t rudder’s responsibility) 

Also worth mentioning direct sponsorship is now banned unless existing deal. 

King Power would have to use an associate company. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

What are his responsibilities?  Any idea? 

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

What are his responsibilities?  Any idea? 

He doesn't have any, in fact he doesn't even exist. It's just a random name the club puts out there for us to direct our abuse at. Then on match day, they stick an inflatable dummy next to Top to complete the illusion. 

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Also worth mentioning direct sponsorship is now banned unless existing deal. 

King Power would have to use an associate company. 

Is there actually any benefit to having King Power owning the club anymore? I’m not seeing a single thing that is good for the club with their ownership. Bin them off immediately. Sell up and get rid. 

Spurs to bid 20 mil up front and 20mil if  they win the champions league next season 😂. Wouldn’t be surprised if this doesn’t go through can’t see levy wanting to spend that  much on a keeper. Maybe we can give them danny ward for free that will financially cripple them when they get relegated 

8F96FA39-948B-49D2-8B15-069C2E83C7A2.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 10/06/2023 at 07:25, The Bear said:

When it comes to the transfer market, Levy is an absolute chancer. Thinks he's haggling down the local car boot sale, and will happily take all his stuff back home rather than sell for a little less than he wants. 

As well as arguing every penny to wear out those he negotiates against, he’s infamous for agreeing deals, then sending paperwork with changed terms when it’s time to finalize them.  So a bit of a gyp, as well as cheap.

TBF, it’s got him this far.  But being the last person the other club executives want to deal with, has to bite you in the ass eventually.

• Like 1

The direct ban has been lifted on direct sponsorship hasn’t it? 

FFP is kinda pointless at the top level at this stage. I’ve seen people moaning that Manchester City has bought the Champions League …… like 80% of the teams before them didn’t. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

The direct ban has been lifted on direct sponsorship hasn’t it? 

FFP is kinda pointless at the top level at this stage. I’ve seen people moaning that Manchester City has bought the Champions League …… like 80% of the teams before them didn’t. 

Has? Them? 

Which one is it? Is it the Americanised and vulgar singular entity of it/has or is it the British community driven they/have.

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Has? Them? 

Which one is it? Is it the Americanised and vulgar singular entity of it/has or is it the British community driven they/have.

... Because "the direct ban have been lifted" is how people actually speak?? :huh:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

... Because "the direct ban have been lifted" is how people actually speak?? :huh:

It was the "people moaning that Manchester City has bought the champions league" that he was referring to i think :D

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Who hasn't brought it since it became the Champion League, Porto? 

Bayern, Inter, AC Milan and Porto in recent times. Liverpool in 2005 too. Most teams in the 90s were genuine as well.

Only really Chelsea, Man City, Barcelona and Real (the latter two by simply being dodgy as hell rather than big investments by individuals) have "bought" the competition in my view.

Edited by KrefelderFox666
  • Like 1