Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Vardy v Rooney

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

It will come down to the point of law - can Rooney prove that what she said is true.  I suspect she can't or we wouldn't be here.  Vardy is going to win millions.

> alanpartridge.shrug.gif

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

It will come down to the point of law - can Rooney prove that what she said is true.  I suspect she can't or we wouldn't be here.  Vardy is going to win millions.

The standard of proof in Civil court is on the balance of probabilities. You’re basically flipping a coin if neither of you have a great deal of evidence. 

Edited by Benguin

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Apparently the win in 'damages' won't even cover the legal costs... 

6 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

The legal analyst on BBC yesterday said that even the winner will be out of pocket. Damages if Vardy wins are likely to be around the £40k mark but with each side having already spent £1m and with the winner likely to only recoup about 70% of their costs from the loser, a win would result in a net loss of circa £260k on the proceedings 

Maybe they’ll make it up from trash media deals

Amazing that they think their reputations are worth this level of time and expense 

14 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

The legal analyst on BBC yesterday said that even the winner will be out of pocket. Damages if Vardy wins are likely to be around the £40k mark but with each side having already spent £1m and with the winner likely to only recoup about 70% of their costs from the loser, a win would result in a net loss of circa £260k on the proceedings 

Maybe they’ll make it up from trash media deals

Amazing that they think their reputations are worth this level of time and expense 

This will only add to their 'attraction' from certain trash media outlets as the celebrity chasing public lash out the ££££s to read/hear all the tittle tattle.

They're probably best mates behind all the media coverage dreaming of all the £££s they are hoodwinking from an insatiable media and public.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

This will only add to their 'attraction' from certain trash media outlets as the celebrity chasing public lash out the ££££s to read/hear all the tittle tattle.

They're probably best mates behind all the media coverage dreaming of all the £££s they are hoodwinking from an insatiable media and public.

Yeah I dont think they áre friends.

5 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yeah I dont think they áre friends.

Maybe, but I'm sure they'll be quietly thanking each other when the case is resolved and the £s are rolling in.

14 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Maybe it's got off to a bit of a rocky start but I've full confidence that the case will end with a verdict that this a great pair of gals we're dealing with here and everyone will go home happy, their reputation intact and that we'll all have learned a little about ourselves in the process

And Peter Andre

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Apparently she was telling stuff to the press about Mahrez 🤣 she’s shameless. 

She’s denying it saying it was gossip…. Shame I don’t have my twitter account anymore to dig the messages out 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

44 minutes ago, MattFox said:

What a greedy old slapper. She leaked drinkwaters drink driving to the press too. How much money does this scum bag need. Really hope she gets hit with some massive costs here. 

• Like 2