Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Vardy v Rooney

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I was just about to post this. She comes across as the worst stereotypical wag - dim and willing to do anything for media attention, with no discernible talents apart from milking her husbands considerable talents. Must be incredibly embarrassing for JV. 

And stuff like that is just beyond parody really.

• Like 1

Who's Davy Jones?'

David Sherborne, Coleen Rooney's lawyer, now refers to Rebekah Vardy's agent Caroline Watt and the phone that got dropped in the North Sea (meaning potential evidence has been lost - the court has heard about this previously).

"It's lying at the bottom of the sea in Davy Jones' locker," Mr Sherborne puts it to Vardy.

"Who's Davy Jones?" she replies.

The judge tells her this just means the phone is at the bottom of the sea.

lol How dumb is she??

29 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Who's Davy Jones?'

David Sherborne, Coleen Rooney's lawyer, now refers to Rebekah Vardy's agent Caroline Watt and the phone that got dropped in the North Sea (meaning potential evidence has been lost - the court has heard about this previously).

"It's lying at the bottom of the sea in Davy Jones' locker," Mr Sherborne puts it to Vardy.

"Who's Davy Jones?" she replies.

The judge tells her this just means the phone is at the bottom of the sea.

lol How dumb is she??

image.png.c5801035bf3bd2cfcf0bf0ec8bbe52c8.png

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

To be fair Davy Jones' locker is a pretty niche expression these days. If you hadn't seen any pirate films recently how would you be aware of it? Not like everyone knows the origins of it or anything.

I’m not so sure. In the UK it’s still a well known phrase to say something is in Davy Jones’ locker, especially when used in the context of something falling in the sea. 

Everyone would have forgotten this story within a week but they've decided they need to drag it out and make themselves look worse. All for attention. 

Vardy must be glad when he's on the pitch so can forget all this bollock going on for 90 minutes at least. 

Not a fan of Rebekah but Rooney's barrister demonstrating the blurred line between interrogation and courtroom bullying. Not a single person comes out of this well.

Edited by Nalis

4 hours ago, 21st Century Fox said:

I'm sure this has already been posited. If she were to lose this, I wonder whether that might nudge JV closer to seeing out this career in Rochester NY.

I said the same to mates. I find the whole thing hilarious but would do a swift 180 if this happens.

11 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’m not so sure. In the UK it’s still a well known phrase to say something is in Davy Jones’ locker, especially when used in the context of something falling in the sea. 

Really? I've never heard that one before. Also never heard of Davy Jones.