Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Vardy v Rooney

18 hours ago, ealingfox said:

To be fair Davy Jones' locker is a pretty niche expression these days. If you hadn't seen any pirate films recently how would you be aware of it? Not like everyone knows the origins of it or anything.

The humour of the situation for me wasn't that she wasn't familiar with the saying (and this is me reading A LOT into a transcript), because loads of people won't be, it was just in this context it sounded like she thought there was a previously unknown participant suddenly revealed in this rich drama, and he's got a locker containing goodness knows what.

I'm very excited about what today might bring

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I live in a city that hasn’t had a beach for aslong as I can remember and I’ve heard of Davy Jones 

This is a weird comment. Are you EXPECTING it to suddenly have a beach at some point? 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Tanya said:

I love Jamie Vardy so much.  He's cheeky, charismatic, incredible football player and also seems to be an excellent dad.

He has terrible taste in women though. 

Yep and he even disowned his parents over Becky.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

None of you read the classics, fine - but I refuse to believe none of you watched Pirates of the Caribbean.

Believe away. I realised at the start of the Depp v Heard trial that I've never even seen a film Depp has been in. I genuinely have not seen a minute of Pirates of the Caribbean so the Davy Jones reference went flying over my head as well.

51 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Believe away. I realised at the start of the Depp v Heard trial that I've never even seen a film Depp has been in. I genuinely have not seen a minute of Pirates of the Caribbean so the Davy Jones reference went flying over my head as well.

You've never saw a single Johnny Depp film? I'm assuming that's more to do with not watching many films?

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

None of you read the classics, fine - but I refuse to believe none of you watched Pirates of the Caribbean.

I have seen them but i didn't connect the dots until it was pointed out to me. Now I'm like ohhh yaaaaaa you're  right. 

Long week. Two sick kids at home maybe covid maybe stomach bug. Im tired. Lol

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Vardy's lawyer says: "You don't have any evidence to link Mrs Vardy to the leaking of your private posts".

Rooney answers: "Yes, I believe I do".

Mr Tomlinson says belief doesn't necessarily make something true. He illustrates his theory by saying: "You might believe Derby County will win the premiership in two years time, it doesn't mean they're going to."

lol

To which Mrs Rooney snarled: "Well actually, my husband just relegated Derby County to League One so it would be three years absolute minimum... So get your facts straight!" 

(made that bit up)

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Vardy's lawyer says: "You don't have any evidence to link Mrs Vardy to the leaking of your private posts".

Rooney answers: "Yes, I believe I do".

Mr Tomlinson says belief doesn't necessarily make something true. He illustrates his theory by saying: "You might believe Derby County will win the premiership in two years time, it doesn't mean they're going to."

Is Mr Tomlinson a Leicester fan by any chance? :ph34r:lol

The Premiership, m'lord? That's in Scotland. 

11 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Yeah, but he didn't get his knob out to prove RV (or any other partner he's had) wrong.