Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vestergaard

On 18/12/2022 at 04:48, volpeazzurro said:

I live in a small very old cottage with low beams, I don't want the big ungainly lump bringing my ceiling down thank you very much!

A little head helps when you have low ceilings !!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Did you see the big oaf on Wednesday - couldn't even by arsed to even try to shoot properly - I'd not have him anywhere near the first team 

Hopefully he goes to Villa and accepts the offer this time. 

• Like 1

On 18/12/2022 at 11:48, volpeazzurro said:

I live in a small very old cottage with low beams, I don't want the big ungainly lump bringing my ceiling down thank you very much!

He could do a job as a reinforcing beam for that low ceiling. Do you have a spare £2m?

• Like 1

Surely there is a Danish Club that would take him on a free and pay him a reasonable wedge.   

Need him off the wage bill and put his signing down to a momentary lapse of reason  (well one of several lapses actually)

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Surely there is a Danish Club that would take him on a free and pay him a reasonable wedge.   

Need him off the wage bill and put his signing down to a momentary lapse of reason  (well one of several lapses actually)

Danish clubs surely won’t pay more than 15/20k per week 

Selling Vestergaard on a permanent deal for a reasonable fee was realistic in the summer. As proved by the rumoured £8-12mil offers supposedly received from Fulham, Brentford, and maybe even Galatasaray. All 3 of those clubs would have sucked up all or the majority of his wages for the remainder of his contract too. It was dreamland stuff and would probably have enabled another summer signing in addition to Faes and Smithies.

However, I don't think a permanent deal is so realistic in this window. Firstly as Vestergaard has played about 100 minutes of football since the end of pre-season, all against League 2 opposition. Secondly as his international stock - which was a big positive factor for us as sellers - has fallen in missing out on the World Cup squad (which he deserved and was largely self-inflicted imo).

So he's not match fit, on big wages, and out of favour on all fronts. Screams loan with an option to buy to me, and then we'll be scrambling to get a couple of million for him in the summer. Absolutely horrific piece of business.

• Like 1

On 30/12/2022 at 12:29, LCCFox96 said:

Selling Vestergaard on a permanent deal for a reasonable fee was realistic in the summer. As proved by the rumoured £8-12mil offers supposedly received from Fulham, Brentford, and maybe even Galatasaray. All 3 of those clubs would have sucked up all or the majority of his wages for the remainder of his contract too. It was dreamland stuff and would probably have enabled another summer signing in addition to Faes and Smithies.

However, I don't think a permanent deal is so realistic in this window. Firstly as Vestergaard has played about 100 minutes of football since the end of pre-season, all against League 2 opposition. Secondly as his international stock - which was a big positive factor for us as sellers - has fallen in missing out on the World Cup squad (which he deserved and was largely self-inflicted imo).

So he's not match fit, on big wages, and out of favour on all fronts. Screams loan with an option to buy to me, and then we'll be scrambling to get a couple of million for him in the summer. Absolutely horrific piece of business.

I thought Vestergaard turned down Fulham?  

On 30/12/2022 at 12:29, LCCFox96 said:

Yeah if he wasn’t motivated to drop his wage demands to land a WC place maybe unlikely he will do so in this window.

except he appears a million miles away from featuring and he isn’t getting younger. Agree that a Summer departure more likely. Unfortunately.

41 minutes ago, The Blur said:

I thought Vestergaard turned down Fulham?  

He did. 

Ultimately we’re paying him too much and it cost him his place at the word

cup. 

His other half is expecting so last think he wants to do is up sticks. We thought not playing him prior to the World Cup would force his move, it didn’t then, it won’t now. Stupidly put him on a ridiculous contract and are now paying the consequence for that

• Like 1