Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vestergaard

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

Losing 0-7 whilst playing for the u21s and scoring an own goal it's a new low for Vestergaard, what was he thinking turning down Fulham or any club for that matter!

Thought this was a joke until I just looked at the match result.

How the fcuk did we end up with this man, it really is baffling, spoke to a Southampton fan couple of weeks ago they really couldn't believe their luck when we bought him and Bertrand. 

• Like 2

I was there, he did his usual thing, looked solid for 15 minutes or so. But as soon as the OG goes in his confidence was shot to pieces.

About a minute after the OG he got caught in possession to let someone through one on one, thankfully they didn't score! 

From the OG on though he could have easily been a 17 year old making his u21 debut. It was diabolical.

Edited by AjcW

11 hours ago, Tuna said:

Losing 0-7 whilst playing for the u21s and scoring an own goal it's a new low for Vestergaard, what was he thinking turning down Fulham or any club for that matter!

Just remember that someone at the club sanctioned a 15 million fee and a 70k+ a week contract. 

Diabolical mismanagement. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, AjcW said:

I was there, he did his usual thing, looked solid for 15 minutes or so. But as soon as the OG goes in his confidence was shot to pieces.

About a minute after the OG he got caught in possession to let someone through one on one, thankfully they didn't score! 

From the OG on though he could have easily been a 17 year old making his u21 debut. It was diabolical.

What I’m hearing is worth a shot in the first team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, AjcW said:

Can imagine him having positive pre-match thoughts that he might look back on it one day as the the night when he restarted his career. An own goal on 15 minutes would be a proper knacker smacker!

From BFG international/prem starter to OG 7-0 firestarter in a couple of years... ouchy oof

2 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Footage of all of the goals of the 0-7 thrashing has been posted by Fulham on Twitter- Not likely to be used in any YouTube video to demonstrate the Viking warrior effort of Vestergaard. 😬

Jeeze! He literally can't run. Just jogs around. And who was he whinging at for the first goal? Been done over by some kids. 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Missed out on the Denmark squad for the World Cup, presumably because he has played zero football. So looks like his decision to refuse a couple of moves in the Summer has backfired on him (If you can count doing absolutely naff all for huge sum of money backfiring).

3 minutes ago, glenny_fox said:

Missed out on the Denmark squad for the World Cup, presumably because he has played zero football. So looks like his decision to refuse a couple of moves in the Summer has backfired on him (If you can count doing absolutely naff all for huge sum of money backfiring).

I mean he's currently the reason Fulham are going to stay up for more than a season for a change, so they owe him big time lol 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, glenny_fox said:

Great news, he deserved that. The bloke is an absolute fraud. Just watched those Fulham highlights back for the first time in about a month and I just don't get the guy at all. Doesn't do any of the basics, ripped apart by a bunch of kids.

Hopefully this is a sharp wake-up call as he has missed his (likely) final World Cup as a player when he allegedly had the opportunities to move on in the summer. Moving him on January at minimal financial cost is a priority. With the figures splashed about it the summer we might yet secure a reasonable fee and get his £75k p/w wages off the books, but I'd guess it'll more likely be a loan with subsidised wages in the mid-season window.

55 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Great news, he deserved that. The bloke is an absolute fraud. Just watched those Fulham highlights back for the first time in about a month and I just don't get the guy at all. Doesn't do any of the basics, ripped apart by a bunch of kids.

Hopefully this is a sharp wake-up call as he has missed his (likely) final World Cup as a player when he allegedly had the opportunities to move on in the summer. Moving him on January at minimal financial cost is a priority. With the figures splashed about it the summer we might yet secure a reasonable fee and get his £75k p/w wages off the books, but I'd guess it'll more likely be a loan with subsidised wages in the mid-season window.

Not sure it is, WC is a good shop window, a decent showing could have helped us move him on.

We looked likely to make a massive loss on Musa a few years back until he had a good WC.