Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

20 minutes ago, Bubby said:

Send Braybrook loan for the new season, Ewing and Cover partnering as midfielders, looking forward to seeing cover play in the U21s

I probably don't understand your post but fyi Braybrooke has gone on load already.

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's been doing a lot of individual work with a personal trainer who is very popular amongst young professional footballers. 

Ever since that video he did for the BBC when he was 15, Alves has looked strong for his age.

If we're planning on keeping him among the youth teams this season and loaning him out in 23/24, it might be worth chucking him into some Premier League squads. With the new 5 subs rule especially, there may be, in theory, more opportunities for him to show us what he's got against PL opposition. The talent is there and he looks like he might be able to compete physically. If he does well enough, we may decide not to loan him out in 23/24 after all.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Ever since that video he did for the BBC when he was 15, Alves has looked strong for his age.

If we're planning on keeping him among the youth teams this season and loaning him out in 23/24, it might be worth chucking him into some Premier League squads. With the new 5 subs rule especially, there may be, in theory, more opportunities for him to show us what he's got against PL opposition. The talent is there and he looks like he might be able to compete physically. If he does well enough, we may decide not to loan him out in 23/24 after all.

I suspect that is what will happen, he'll get a few appearances off the bench next season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Has this been confirmed anywhere? Seen rumours he’s training with Swindon?

Oh right. I checked. It appears my confidence comes from a poster called JazzLCFC. Whatever. JazzLCFC has never let us down before. Let’s just say it’s certain.

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Oh right. I checked. It appears my confidence comes from a poster called JazzLCFC. Whatever. JazzLCFC has never let us down before. Let’s just say it’s certain.

There is one blonde guy who might be him, but I wouldn't put any money on it...

But I would think he was still on vacation since he was on international duty.

3 hours ago, Sankey93 said:

@Ric Flair you know the youth players very well. What’s this Bayli spencer adams like ? 

Never been overly impressed with him, he's merely a useful squad filler at U23 level to help out. He did however make a few FA Cup appearances for Watford the year before.

• Like 1

Swindon seems an odd choice, surely someone like Forest Green who are newly in League 1 would have been better. Unless he's doing a half season in League 2 and a half in League 1.

13 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Swindon seems an odd choice, surely someone like Forest Green who are newly in League 1 would have been better. Unless he's doing a half season in League 2 and a half in League 1.

A decent team relative to the league is potentially a priority for the club, so he plays in a more possession based side. 

Although surprised because I thought there were rumblings on here he was going to Oxford on loan for the season?! 

• Like 1

Not convinced a loan for Sammy B is the right pathway for him. He’s a player who is built for Premier League football and I think slow exposure to the league and being in the first team for training sessions would be more beneficial for his development. He is so similar to the likes of Modric and Verratti in play style and I just fear that he’s gonna get bullied in League 1/2 at his age and with his stature. 

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought Swindon were League One, yeah that's odd he's going to a League Two side. He's way better than that level.

Maybe it was agreed end of last season when it looked like they were going to walk the play offs and then didn't! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I guess we'll find out - neither of McAteer nor Wakeling excelled at the level. If you are right, and I hope you are, might be a good way to introduce him to men's football by getting him acclimatised at a level he'll be accomplished at and feel confident at. 

Let's be honest Braybrooke is being heralded as almost a sure thing to make it in our 1st team, he's captain of England U18's and head and shoulders above the level of McAteer and Wakeling. Yes, it'll be an eye opener for him but I've not seen many go from League Two to PL the year after and I don't think he needs the steady progression that we've seen others do from League Two, One, etc.

Just getting him used to playing with men and infront of crowds is fine, ideally till Jan and then we can reassess. It'll do a lot for his mental growth to be playing mens footie though. If Swindon are doing well and  chasing promotion then you can leave him and he can deal with the pressure of a promotion chasing campaign as well.

If they're not doing much but he's excelling, then look for League one/Championship for the 2nd half of the season

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Just getting him used to playing with men and infront of crowds is fine, ideally till Jan and then we can reassess. It'll do a lot for his mental growth to be playing mens footie though. If Swindon are doing well and  chasing promotion then you can leave him and he can deal with the pressure of a promotion chasing campaign as well.

If they're not doing much but he's excelling, then look for League one/Championship for the 2nd half of the season

I'd get him straight in to Luton and they'll handle him brilliantly.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd get him straight in to Luton and they'll handle him brilliantly.

Reckon he's got the physicality and ability to play regularly at that level? I've not seen much of Sammy at u23 level but when I have seen him, he looks quite small.

20 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Reckon he's got the physicality and ability to play regularly at that level? I've not seen much of Sammy at u23 level but when I have seen him, he looks quite small.

Yes I do, I think he'll adapt very quickly to whatever he is faced with. League Two could actually hinder him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought Swindon were League One, yeah that's odd he's going to a League Two side. He's way better than that level.

I wonder if they think playing time is more guaranteed at that level, or for Swindon in particular. Better to play 30+ games in League 2 than 20 games at League 1. Kid is still very young.