Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Boubakary Soumare

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

All we do know is our average wage is £92k a week which is nauseating. 

The wages that get published include pensions and NIC contributions for 77 players, 295 casual staff, 358 "admin" staff including directors etc. It'll include bonuses for goals, league finishes, cup progression, cup wins and god knows how many other bits. Along with £9.5m benefits in kind, that can include meals, cars, healthcare, accommodation, gifts, phones and a thousand other things. 

I'm not sure how anyone can come to any conclusion on what anyone earns, on average or not as we simply don't know all the other variables. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

That article says it was agreed for him to go Monaco. Then Rodgers changed his mind on Soumare and now he’s excluded him for the squad twice. 

The exclusion from the squad comes from Soumare wanting the Monaco move so he's not in the right frame of mind to play. He clearly wants to go back to France. 

If Soumare comes back in, that tells you a move is off. 

Didn't realise a deal was agreed previous to that and Rodgers changing his mind. A lot of us on this forum changed our mind too, having seen his preseason performance so no surprise the manager felt the same way. 

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Spot on with this, I could genuinely see him going somewhere and having the same sort of impact Jesus has had on Arsenal.

Everton i'd have thought would be all over it.

I'm not sure how put off clubs are by this whole thing about him being a bit thick/hyper and how much of a distraction that could be. 

Always seems like a nice bloke in interviews though! 

I've always thought Brighton, they need someone who can put the ball in the back of the net and Nacho can do that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

You've articulated very well my own confusion about the situation. One other explanation for it is that there are more serious financial problems behind the scenes that are being covered up by this FFP/ too many squad players line.

Yeah exactly.  The more the window has gone on the more I've wondered if that's the case.  I hope not. 

Nice are apparently interested in him now as well

https://mediafootmarseille.fr/nice-debarque-sur-boubakary-soumare-info-media-foot/

This comes from Media Foot in France, who report the Leicester player ‘ticks all the boxes’ when it comes Lucien Favre’s demands for a new midfielder in the south of France.

What helps Nice in their efforts here is that Soumaré has let it be known behind the scenes that ‘he wouldn’t be against an exit’ from King Power Stadium.

The big question here is how much the Ligue 1 side would be happy to put on the table for the player, as Monaco never seemed willing to meet the €20m demands from Leicester.

This is the same price being asked from Nice, and Media Foot make it clear that below that, ‘it will be complicated to get a deal done’.

Edited by moore_94

Just now, moore_94 said:

What helps Nice in their efforts here is that Soumaré has let it be known behind the scenes that ‘he wouldn’t be against an exit’ from King Power Stadium.

"Kasper mon ami, put in a good word will you, looks nice down there!"

• Haha 1

On 14/08/2022 at 19:35, fairbanksh said:

Soumare is a big talent who can't, won't work with Rodgers 

Syuncu surely is a world better than Amarty but another seemingly wit a BR problem 

Soumare is a player who, according to every report we've read, has failed to settle in England, not being able to work with Rodgres is your take on it.

Soyuncu must also have a problem with the Turkey manager as he was woeful for them. His form has dropped off a cliff for club and country, your take is that it's Rodgers to blame.

The thing that links the two problems isn't Rodgers, it's your take on it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shane said:

We don’t have to play 3511, that mistake is on Brendan. We have multiple other options available to us, even with no signings!

(Diamond)

Ndidi, Praet, KDH, Maddison

Vardy, Iheanacho

(4-3-3)

Maddison, Ndidi, KDH

Praet, Vardy, Albrighton

Tielemans, Ndidi, KDH

Maddison, Vardy, Albrighton

(4-2-3-1)

Tielemans, Ndidi

Perez, KDH, Maddison

Vardy

Our wingers aren’t ideal but they can still do a job and are better option than the 3511. Rodgers saying ‘we have no wingers’ is disrespectful to Albrighton, Perez and any academy winger hoping to progress. Meanwhile he is bigging up the opposition calling Jesus world class and fornicating himself over Arteta and Arsenal. How about you big up your own players instead Brendan. 

Having Maddison, Praet and Perez as wingers offers us a complete lack of pace. 

7 minutes ago, Rhysm said:

Having Maddison, Praet and Perez as wingers offers us a complete lack of pace. 

It’s not just about pace 

it’s also about stretching the pitch wide so we can switch play and also create gaps for players like madders to drift into 

of course that also creates defensive issues for us on transition as those spaces are there for the opposition to exploit - wouldn’t surprise me if that was rodgers position with his standard more conservative approach 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Nice are apparently interested in him now as well

https://mediafootmarseille.fr/nice-debarque-sur-boubakary-soumare-info-media-foot/

This comes from Media Foot in France, who report the Leicester player ‘ticks all the boxes’ when it comes Lucien Favre’s demands for a new midfielder in the south of France.

The big question here is how much the Ligue 1 side would be happy to put on the table for the player, as Monaco never seemed willing to meet the €20m demands from Leicester.

This is the same price being asked from Nice, and Media Foot make it clear that below that, ‘it will be complicated to get a deal done’.

...I wonder if they would have sounded out Kasper, regarding this!!!

29 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Just get him out, fannying round bean counting isn't doing us any favours. If Nice, Rennes or Monaco stump up £15m sell him.

People get annoyed at the club turning down offers, without knowing the context of the offers.

I imagine the offers are heavily weighted in favour of performance clauses rather then straight up cash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

People get annoyed at the club turning down offers, without knowing the context of the offers.

I imagine the offers are heavily weighted in favour of performance clauses rather then straight up cash.

If the priorities are reducing the 

a) number of players on the books

b) wage bill

then the way the deal is structured shouldn't be problem particularly.

If it's true that Rodgers changed his mind and didn't want to sell then the higher ups should be assertive and force the sale. Soumare is the only 'asset' that is valuable, surplus to requirements and had offers for. Letting our club legend, mainstay keeper leave only to keep Soumare as 5th, or even 6th choice central midfielder doesn't make much sense.

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

b) wage bill

If it's true that Rodgers changed his mind and didn't want to sell then the higher ups should be assertive and force the sale. Soumare is the only 'asset' that is valuable, surplus to requirements and had offers for. Letting our club legend, mainstay keeper leave only to keep Soumare as 5th, or even 6th choice central midfielder doesn't make much sense.

I think the club is trying to strike a balance between A & B and recouping some money.

It is a problem if clauses for payment are not likely to be met. 

I don't believe for a second Rodgers stopped the club sell him. 

11 minutes ago, Stadt said:

b) wage bill

Rodgers was clearly thinking he would replace Tielemans if he left, based on the A and B teams we had in the friendlies. 

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think the club is trying to strike a balance between A & B and recouping some money.

It is a problem if clauses for payment are not likely to be met. 

I don't believe for a second Rodgers stopped the club sell him. 

The lines coming from the club journos say we have money (which I'm less sure of) and the wages and registration places are the issue. We have no idea how they were strutting the deal but even if it was only an initial £10m, if the aforementioned issues are so pressing we have to sell him.

I can imagine Rodgers being swayed on the back of a couple of preseason games but it does fit a bit too neatly into my view of him tbh.

10 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Rodgers was clearly thinking he would replace Tielemans if he left, based on the A and B teams we had in the friendlies. 

Then he needs laser eye surgery 

• Haha 2

Just now, Stadt said:

The lines coming from the club journos say we have money (which I'm less sure of) and the wages and registration places are the issue. We have no idea how they were strutting the deal but even if it was only an initial £10m, if the aforementioned issues are so pressing we have to sell him.

I can imagine Rodgers being swayed on the back of a couple of preseason games but it does fit a bit too neatly into my view of him tbh.

I'm not convinced we have bags of money for recruitment this summer, I think they want to be net of any spend against income and have a zero net spend.

I think they see next summer as the window we will do business in, due to the number of players out of contract etc and maybe with one eye on having a new manager.