Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Boubakary Soumare

39 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

My apologies lol

@AjcW brought up Daka on the last page and it looked like the conversation had been derailed a bit. Through that lens, what you posted could sort of apply to Daka if one were to be being somewhat unkind. 

Well I agreed wholeheartedly with the post.  Sure, I knew you were talking about Daka but not once did I question why it was on a Soumare thread or the context.  Says plenty about my powers of observation really. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Interesting article in the Mercury, Rogers saying it’s a shame as seen real improvements over pre season. One of them where half the reason he been poor is he hasn’t settled here I’m guessing! 

Here is the article: https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/soumare-transfer-leicester-monaco-vestergaard-7459100

There is a very good player there but looks like he wants to return to France. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I think it's a bit harsh to dismiss him as only high in variance. First few league games for us he was really consistent, goal contributions vs minutes was absolutely bonkers. 

Then slowly but surely we absolutely drained his confidence expecting him to run 70 odd minutes without anything created and then just haul him off. 

That spell last year when Vardy was injured was cringe worthy, we went what felt like a thousand minutes barely scoring or creating anything. 

I'll give you his movement isn't as good as Vardy's and that makes it comparatively harder for the team to create chances but it shouldn't take a genius if Vardy's caliber to find space. It's Rodgers' absolutely abysmal approach to chance creation whenever he can't pick his best team that's killed him and us. Iheanacho has suffered the same way. 

Your man scored something like 30 to 40 odd goals all competitions the year before he came here. Consistency isn't his problem. 

Jesus wept. I agree with most of what you've got to say normally but I can't wait til Praet has played his last game for us so I can stop reading stuff like this. Consistently sub par is nothing we should be striving for. He just.... runs around a bit. Classic foxestalk cult hero. 

I absolutely disagree with the idea the club mistreated him. His own ineptitude led him to fall out of the squad.

• Like 4

Interesting what happens next and whether Diop is part of the negotiations - hopefully now we are talking a sale and not a loan.

If Soumare goes, with the uncertainty over Youri and BR saying (before getting his wings clipped) he wanted two midfielders you would think he would want to bring in at least one more.  Could that be Kökcü?

The right thing for all concerned is to sell. We have seen occasional flashes of what he is capable of but on the whole he hasn't really shown anything near the right level. He's also a bit of a niche player - he isn't a CDM, he's not a deep lying playmaker like Youri and he very rarely scores or assists, which as a CM you really need to do these days. As a result, it has felt like Brendan has not really known how to deploy him to be honest. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LFox99 said:

They quoted Badiashile's price at £42.5m at some point earlier this window, maybe we could significantly reduce that with Bouba

Give them Soyuncu and Soumare and we'll take Badiashile. I know swap deals never work but that would be decent. Gets 2 players our the door and would bring in a good young cb

7 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

But if a buying club decides they have a better option, what are we supposed to do about it?

...there is little that you can do about it, but we would have failed to present a good enough reason for them to take our player!!!

An opportunity to complete a deal for Diop seems to now have gone because we will not have the space for him to come in and Soumare apparently wanted the move. 

Comparing Camarra with Soumare,  they appear very similar in progressing play and good in possession,  whatever package we presented, just wasn't good enough. 

50 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If Monaco are getting Camara then this is off I suspect, we've fcuked it once again.

Monaco fans reckon Paul Mictchell wants 2 midfielders after losing 2

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Soumare also looks a lot trimmer now compared to last season. He’s had a decent pre season as well. I hate it when we do this with players - only give them a year… it makes no sense particularly when they are young lads from abroad. I think he’d end up really suiting the PL.

We’re not doing this - he wants out as he would prefer to play in France. 

BR also said he’s looking good in preseason but he’s a player who wants to leave and in a position where we are already stacked. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Even if that’s the case (which it might not be), why would it be our fault?

Fair comment, but they bid just £2m less than we paid for him and that's apparently the fee we want, would be galling to see another deal fall through over £2m.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I wonder who the potential replacement could be? Would Praet just step up? Or that chap from Celtic who was linked earlier in the window? 

We need 2-3 long term midfield incomings, a DCM / box to box physical midfielder such as Kone or Thuram, a creative playmaker like Auoar or Kokcu and then an ACM / SS to replace what Perez should be doing when challenging Maddison for a spot, hopefully Alves and Braybrooke can be in the mix for 2 of those replacements but there's probably room for them as well as new additions as we use a lot of central midfielders and a lot of then are going in the next 12 months except for Ndidi, KDH and Maddison. 

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We need 2-3 long term midfield incomings, a DCM / box to box physical midfielder such as Kone or Thuram, a creative playmaker like Auoar or Kokcu and then an ACM / SS to replace what Perez should be doing when challenging Maddison for a spot, hopefully Alves and Braybrooke can be in the mix for 2 of those replacements but there's probably room for them as well as new additions as we use a lot of central midfielders and a lot of then are going in the next 12 months except for Ndidi, KDH and Maddison. 

I agree, and it’s important the arrivals are staggered. Maybe keeping Praet and possibly Tielemans for the season allows this.

• Like 1