Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Boubakary Soumare

Just now, sphericalfox said:

I'd be surprised he'd want Rennes over Monaco.

Just not sure how likely Monaco is now they signed Camara. :dunno:

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cropwellfox said:

L’equipe reporting that having signed Camara Monaco have dropped their interest in Soumaré as they’d prefer to give their existing younger players opportunities. Well played LCFC on that demand for the extra 3m Euros 🤦‍♂️

To be fair 

we don’t know the structure of any deal re missing wages 

the boy is owed 80k for another 4 years

No French club is paying him more than 50k max. That a missing £6m.  The €3m may represent the compromise agreement to cover that shortfall. If we don’t get it then it will effectively sit on our ffp wage bill …..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

L’equipe reporting that having signed Camara Monaco have dropped their interest in Soumaré as they’d prefer to give their existing younger players opportunities. Well played LCFC on that demand for the extra 3m Euros 🤦‍♂️

For all we know, Soumare was just a smokescreen for Camara anyway. If they really wanted Soumare, they wouldn’t have been put off that easy.

12 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

That article says it was agreed for him to go Monaco. Then Rodgers changed his mind on Soumare and now he’s excluded him for the squad twice. 

I’m guessing the idea is to sell Vest and keep Soumaré then, but looks like that went tits up when Vestergaard refused to leave 😅

Soumare did look good pre season, I wouldn’t mind him staying, but we need to free up wages and a squad place for a winger somehow…

Edited by FoxesWalk

The club really needed damage limitation this summer, with some loss expected from the mistakes of the last year. With the likes of Vesty and Soumare unlikely to be sold (IMO) their full wages will continue to restrict any transfer movement, which we need. 

So selling Wes is the only real option by the looks of it. 

17 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

That article says it was agreed for him to go Monaco. Then Rodgers changed his mind on Soumare and now he’s excluded him for the squad twice. 

Just not been handled well.

I understand the change of mind, Soumare was doing well in pre-season showing what we saw in him initially. But to reject the transfer which would've helped us get our window underway, seems naïve.

Maybe there's more to it, I hope there is anyhow.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Just not been handled well.

I understand the change of mind, Soumare was doing well in pre-season showing what we saw in him initially. But to reject the transfer which would've helped us get our window underway, seems naïve.

Maybe there's more to it, I hope there is anyhow.

I find it mad that he was so reluctant to give him a run of matches last season (probably justifiably so) but started to change his mind based on a couple of pre-season matches, especially when we all know that Soumare’s problem is adapting to the pace of the Premier League.

• Like 2