Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Boubakary Soumare

Just now, Ricey said:

I find it mad that he was so reluctant to give him a run of matches last season (probably justifiably so) but started to change his mind based on a couple of pre-season matches, especially when we all know that Soumare’s problem is adapting to the pace of the Premier League.

Doesn't make sense at all, maybe it was his intensity in training. Who knows. 

But it seems short sighted if BR wasn't fully sold on him. 

From what I’m led to believe, Rodgers wasn’t having Bouba at all at end of last season (don’t blame him on that to be honest).

Bouba has then impressed in pre-season and Rodgers is happy to use him but Monaco come in and he wants to go back to France.

Be interesting if Monaco are now out and where that leaves Bouba. Maybe a way back in? Does that mean Praet is now a possible exit?

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Won't lie, I'm starting to get increasingly worried about the season. Going into a PL season with only 1 winger of PL quality leaves us hugely vulnerable. If we have to play 3511 for large parts of the season then there's a good chance that we'll finish in the bottom 6, I reckon. 

Completely agree with this. I'm patiently waiting for a new winger. What I can't quite get my head around, is just how cautious we're being!

I can't believe we can't get get one player through the door, in anticipation of shipping one or two more out! Surely we can take that risk?

31 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

That article says it was agreed for him to go Monaco. Then Rodgers changed his mind on Soumare and now he’s excluded him for the squad twice. 

What's so hard to understand about that?? 

🤪

12 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Won't lie, I'm starting to get increasingly worried about the season. Going into a PL season with only 1 winger of PL quality leaves us hugely vulnerable. If we have to play 3511 for large parts of the season then there's a good chance that we'll finish in the bottom 6, I reckon. 

I think bottom 6 is a real liklihood unless something significant changes. In fact, I'd bite your hand off for 15th and a summer refresh right now. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Completely agree with this. I'm patiently waiting for a new winger. What I can't quite get my head around, is just how cautious we're being!

I can't believe we can't get get one player through the door, in anticipation of shipping one or two more out! Surely we can take that risk?

This is what I can't get my head around, even with the FFP issues.  One player in now, a decent right winger, helps shut down the media narrative, gets us fans a bit excited and would also make it harder for the right honourable Brendan Rodgers to whinge about his lack of options. 

If we do sell Fofana best to make a signing or two before everyone knows we have a nice stash.  If we don't, surely we must be confident of shifting at least two players before the window ends.  Next summer so many are out of contract anyway.    

I really hope it's the most convoluted and Machiavellian strategy to beat selling clubs down on price by pleading poverty and not just a cluster duck.    

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

This is what I can't get my head around, even with the FFP issues.  One player in now, a decent right winger, helps shut down the media narrative, gets us fans a bit excited and would also make it harder for the right honourable Brendan Rodgers to whinge about his lack of options. 

If we do sell Fofana best to make a signing or two before everyone knows we have a nice stash.  If we don't, surely we must be confident of shifting at least two players before the window ends.  Next summer so many are out of contract anyway.    

I really hope it's the most convoluted and Machiavellian strategy to beat selling clubs down on price by pleading poverty and not just a cluster duck.    

Absolutely spot on. Great post, and should be pinned. The strategy is baffling.

• Like 1

If Rodgers has suddenly started rating him then who will leave instead as we still have to move some players on? Mendy? Praet? It's not even that easy as someone has to want them, be willing to pay what we value them at and pay them a wage that they are happy to leave for. That's why I'm sure there are so few interested clubs in our players, other than the ones we don't want to leave, they take a look at their wages and are put off right away so we don't even get to the negotiation stage. The one I'm amazed by is Iheanacho. You would think that pretty much every side in the bottom half last year and a couple of the promoted sides would want him.

If we don't get a few players in I really worry for us so not moving anyone on is a real worry. Even Ferguson used to add a couple of players despite having a great season. He even did it after the treble just to keep everyone on their toes. Momentum is everything as we saw when we won the league. When it turns against you it's really hard to undo.

1 minute ago, desertfox2 said:

The one I'm amazed by is Iheanacho. You would think that pretty much every side in the bottom half last year and a couple of the promoted sides would want him.

Spot on with this, I could genuinely see him going somewhere and having the same sort of impact Jesus has had on Arsenal.

Everton i'd have thought would be all over it.

I'm not sure how put off clubs are by this whole thing about him being a bit thick/hyper and how much of a distraction that could be. 

Always seems like a nice bloke in interviews though! 

36 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I find it mad that he was so reluctant to give him a run of matches last season (probably justifiably so) but started to change his mind based on a couple of pre-season matches, especially when we all know that Soumare’s problem is adapting to the pace of the Premier League.

Its elite level manager stuff, people like us just wouldnt understand. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Being forced to play a back three because we don’t have any wingers, and that back three including Amartey as a regular starter - is not a recipe for success.

Teams will (or already have) work us out and we’ll have no options to change.

1 hour ago, Bordersfox said:

You've articulated very well my own confusion about the situation. One other explanation for it is that there are more serious financial problems behind the scenes that are being covered up by this FFP/ too many squad players line.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Being forced to play a back three because we don’t have any wingers, and that back three including Amartey as a regular starter - is not a recipe for success.

Brendan’s got to give up the back 3

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

I don't agree we are being forced to play 5 at the back as we have no wingers. We have options to play 4 at the back with or without wingers. Perez, Albrighton could play as wingers and have done through our most successful periods.

It's Brendan's decision alone to play this formation.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Shane said:

We don’t have to play 3511, that mistake is on Brendan. We have multiple other options available to us, even with no signings!

(Diamond)

Ndidi, Praet, KDH, Maddison

Vardy, Iheanacho

(4-3-3)

Maddison, Ndidi, KDH

Praet, Vardy, Albrighton

Tielemans, Ndidi, KDH

Maddison, Vardy, Albrighton

(4-2-3-1)

Tielemans, Ndidi

Perez, KDH, Maddison

Vardy

Our wingers aren’t ideal but they can still do a job and are better option than the 3511. Rodgers saying ‘we have no wingers’ is disrespectful to Albrighton, Perez and any academy winger hoping to progress. Meanwhile he is bigging up the opposition calling Jesus world class and fornicating himself over Arteta and Arsenal. How about you big up your own players instead Brendan. 

Don't disagree with any of that at all. But BR seems completely set on 3511 and I can't see him going anywhere soon as we won't want to pay him off. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shane said:

We don’t have to play 3511, that mistake is on Brendan. We have multiple other options available to us, even with no signings!

(Diamond)

Ndidi, Praet, KDH, Maddison

Vardy, Iheanacho

(4-3-3)

Maddison, Ndidi, KDH

Praet, Vardy, Albrighton

Tielemans, Ndidi, KDH

Maddison, Vardy, Albrighton

(4-2-3-1)

Tielemans, Ndidi

Perez, KDH, Maddison

Vardy

Our wingers aren’t ideal but they can still do a job and are better option than the 3511. Rodgers saying ‘we have no wingers’ is disrespectful to Albrighton, Perez and any academy winger hoping to progress. Meanwhile he is bigging up the opposition calling Jesus world class and fornicating himself over Arteta and Arsenal. How about you big up your own players instead Brendan. 

Albrighton is more utility player now than anything else.

Perez not a winger 

14 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Albrighton is more utility player now than anything else.

Perez not a winger 

Both maybe true, but doesn't change the fact that Perez played there during some on the best football we've played. Albrighton had his best ever seasons playing at LW,

Against teams like Brentford at home I'd have no problems playing them as wingers over playing 5 at the back.

• Like 3