Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Boubakary Soumare

9 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Yeah fair on Daka

I also think Soumare would thrive under the right manager.

I think Bouba has decided for himself that he won’t cut it in England and that’s the problem. 

Most midfielders from abroad take time to adjust, but they have to have the determination and confidence to do so

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This is a huge blow, looking now at our fringe players there's no obvious move for any of them. Maybe Perez to Spain might be the one that sees us get a right winger in. Soumare doesn't seem to have any other clubs with money after him though. 

Perez is linked to Betis but they're skint so we'd to offload him for free for them to even consider picking up his pay packet.

Vestegaard would rather play Monopoly on a Saturday afternoon than kick a football about and Soumare, who seemingly had a decent pre-season, was frozen out of the Brentford matchday squad so we could offload him, only for Monaco to call our bluff and sign someone else. No other club in France really has the cash to buy him (well, ones that'd be interested anyway).

You couldn't make it up really. A few players had a clear enough path out of the club to allow us to bring in a new face or two but we've either been unlucky / stupid, or both.

Would sooner loan him out to a French club for the season than sell him at a loss, he’s still a young un and I’m sure we have a great player in him, Rodgers is great at knocking players confidence, look at Praet as I’m sure he will be a great player for us this season… 

3 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

He can though which is the biggest mystery, he was unplayable away at Spartak so he definitely has it in him. Obviously a different thing applying it week in week out, but saying he can't do the basics is over the top.

I was at Spartak away (don't like to mention it!), it was one of the most random topsy turvy games I've ever seen, the quality on show wasn't great. He had one of his better games but if a player can only perform in high variance, incredibly circumstantial games then they're not suitable for the premier league. Soumare played in a lot of our good games last year, which is admittedly true, but he was hardly the shining light in most of the games. It's not so black and white as bad players are shit very game, it's cartoonish but he's had more bad games than good.

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I was at Spartak away (don't like to mention it!), it was one of the most random topsy turvy games I've ever seen, the quality on show wasn't great. He had one of his better games but if a player can only perform in high variance, incredibly circumstantial games then they're not suitable for the premier league. Soumare played in a lot of our good games last year, which is admittedly true, but he was hardly the shining light in most of the games. It's not so black and white as bad players are shit very game, it's cartoonish but he's had more bad games than good.

This essentially highlights why I would rather we keep Praet. Praet may not be some world beater but I would much rather we have a steady and reliable performer. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Don't disagree, it was more the he can't do the basics comment. Just pointing out he quite clearly has the ability, just perhaps not able to consistently show it (or look overly arsed to do so)

• Like 1

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Don't disagree, it was more the he can't do the basics comment. Just pointing out he quite clearly has the ability, just perhaps not able to consistently show it (or look overly arsed to do so)

He's so lethargic, the odd game where's he's turned it on doesn't dispute the majority of games where he hasn't 

34 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He's so lethargic, the odd game where's he's turned it on doesn't dispute the majority of games where he hasn't 

I haven't said that? You've made a point about things not being "black and white" I was simply highlighting that "he can't do the basics" is a tad over the top and implies he hasn't once shown any kind of ability.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

3 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

He can though which is the biggest mystery, he was unplayable away at Spartak so he definitely has it in him. Obviously a different thing applying it week in week out, but saying he can't do the basics is over the top.

Surely the basics means doing those every week is a minimum?he can’t, get rid asap

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Use him in a deal for Badiashile should Wes be sold

Tall, French, left footed and Monaco have just signed another CB (Sarr). Seems to fit the bill only got 2 years left on his contract as well. 

Although Monaco hardly need money at the minute, and would likely demand a fortune.

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

I think it's a bit harsh to dismiss him as only high in variance. First few league games for us he was really consistent, goal contributions vs minutes was absolutely bonkers. 

Then slowly but surely we absolutely drained his confidence expecting him to run 70 odd minutes without anything created and then just haul him off. 

That spell last year when Vardy was injured was cringe worthy, we went what felt like a thousand minutes barely scoring or creating anything. 

I'll give you his movement isn't as good as Vardy's and that makes it comparatively harder for the team to create chances but it shouldn't take a genius if Vardy's caliber to find space. It's Rodgers' absolutely abysmal approach to chance creation whenever he can't pick his best team that's killed him and us. Iheanacho has suffered the same way. 

Your man scored something like 30 to 40 odd goals all competitions the year before he came here. Consistency isn't his problem. 

3 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

This essentially highlights why I would rather we keep Praet. Praet may not be some world beater but I would much rather we have a steady and reliable performer. 

Jesus wept. I agree with most of what you've got to say normally but I can't wait til Praet has played his last game for us so I can stop reading stuff like this. Consistently sub par is nothing we should be striving for. He just.... runs around a bit. Classic foxestalk cult hero. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think it's a bit harsh to dismiss him as only high in variance. First few league games for us he was really consistent, goal contributions vs minutes was absolutely bonkers. 

Then slowly but surely we absolutely drained his confidence expecting him to run 70 odd minutes without anything created and then just haul him off. 

That spell last year when Vardy was injured was cringe worthy, we went what felt like a thousand minutes barely scoring or creating anything. 

I'll give you his movement isn't as good as Vardy's and that makes it comparatively harder for the team to create chances but it shouldn't take a genius if Vardy's caliber to find space. It's Rodgers' absolutely abysmal approach to chance creation whenever he can't pick his best team that's killed him and us. Iheanacho has suffered the same way. 

Your man scored something like 30 to 40 odd goals all competitions the year before he came here. Consistency isn't his problem. 

Jesus wept. I agree with most of what you've got to say normally but I can't wait til Praet has played his last game for us so I can stop reading stuff like this. Consistently sub par is nothing we should be striving for. He just.... runs around a bit. Classic foxestalk cult hero. 

We’re talking about Soumare lol 

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We’re talking about Soumare lol 

My apologies lol

@AjcW brought up Daka on the last page and it looked like the conversation had been derailed a bit. Through that lens, what you posted could sort of apply to Daka if one were to be being somewhat unkind. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

My apologies lol

@AjcW brought up Daka on the last page and it looked like the conversation had been derailed a bit. Through that lens, what you posted could sort of apply to Daka if one were to be being somewhat unkind. 

No I like Daka lol, he was sensational at Spartak 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Foxes96 said:

Although Monaco hardly need money at the minute, and would likely demand a fortune.

They quoted Badiashile's price at £42.5m at some point earlier this window, maybe we could significantly reduce that with Bouba