Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

49 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

In some ways I'm pleased, he's a useful player but he's one on big wages who I think there's genuine interest for. Maybe we do still think Tielemans will go to Arsenal or that Soumare will end up at Monaco, otherwise we've far too many central midfielders. I suppose Praet can play a sort of wide midfield role but I'd much rather the likes of him pr Spumare could raise funds for actual wingers.

I'd be tempted to start him Sunday though in a 4-3-1-2

I imagine that him and Bouba are in the same sort of position as Vestegaard and Amartey. 

Don't image both will go, don't imagine both will stay but who goes is really up to who a bid comes in for first. 

I'll believe it when I see it.  Rodgers has shown no indication he understands Praet's value or how to use him, and he has every reason to blow smoke if he's been forced to reintegrate him when neither of them really want it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sampson said:

The best football I’ve ever seen is play was those first few months of the 2020-21 season where Praet Castagne and Tielemans were all linking up. Remember Praet starting that season really well, ultimately he understandably lost his position to Maddison.

But that was the only real run of games for he’s had for us and he was playing really well. Remember him even playing on the right wing one game vs Wolves and being man of the match early that season. I think with a run of games he’s a good player, but he struggles when he’s in and out of the side.

Spot on mate.

The triangle passing, movement off the ball between our Belgian trio was a joy to watch.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Sounds like he will be staying!

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/praet-future-leicester-transfer-rodgers-7429390

Praet spent last season on loan in Serie A with Torino, pushing for a move away from City because of his lack of game-time at the end of the previous campaign. While in Italy, he said he was no longer happy at the King Power Stadium, and felt he had been “treated somewhat unfairly”, with Rodgers not providing an explanation over his lack of minutes.

But it seems those bridges have been rebuilt. Rodgers has now suggested Praet will feature regularly this season, either as a starter or as somebody who the manager knows he can turn to as an influential substitute.

“He's very much a part of what we’re doing,” Rodgers said. “I’ve been delighted with Dennis. I pulled him and had a chat with him Friday morning to tell him how well he’s done over pre-season.

“I think my notion when he came back, when we spoke in Evian, was that he was maybe one who wanted to move on and play, because he was in that situation before. But he’s come back reinvigorated and really wants to be here at the club, which is great, and over the course of the pre-season, he’s looked strong, he’s looked fit and he’s done very well in the games.

“I think he’s a real bonus for us that he wants to stay and compete for a place in the team. If he doesn’t play, I know I’ve got someone on the bench to come into the game, but I’m pretty sure he will end up having a really good season for us.”

At least something was rejuvenated in Evian

I'm chuffed he's staying. With more game time, I think he'll show his worth in the side. We've seen him attempt the classy pass, and sometimes get it right (and at Brentford!) but the radar can be off. He'll fine tune that I reckon. He's not the quickest but he has a footballing brain and knows where to be.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

Praet’s decent, but no more than that. I don’t really understand this tossing ourselves off that he might be playing.   As a player that wasn’t available last season he’ll help improve the overall squad. That’s all. 

Let’s face it if Praet for Tielemans is the answer then our first eleven is further weakened and we’ve stood still for two years. If it helps detract from the fact that we’ve had a non-existent transfer window, which followed a very poor one last year - then that’s all well and good I suppose.

I think, however, it’s symptomatic of the position we find ourselves in that the best excitement we can get is Denis staying

Don't think it'd be a direct replacement tho. 

I think praet will play right of wilf and kdh left of wilf, so 2 x paler versions of youri (paler talent I meant, not referring to skin tone!)....then Madders/ Vards/Iheanacho (til Barnes gets back) up front ....4 3 1 2 formation 

Our width is gonna have to come from full backs, with praet and kdh filling in when the respective full back bombs on

8 hours ago, kingfox said:

Good.

His intelligence rather goes unnoticed, he makes clever runs into wide areas and is a good link up player.

Praet sticking around would allow us to let Soumare leave without needing a replacement.

8 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I’d like to see him in Barnes’ position in the 4-3-3 on Sunday. 

I wouldn’t mind seeing Praet on the right linking up with Castagne (assuming we don’t sign a right winger!) 

But its good he’s so versatile and can play different positions. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I'll believe it when I see it.  Rodgers has shown no indication he understands Praet's value or how to use him, and he has every reason to blow smoke if he's been forced to reintegrate him when neither of them really want it.

Is it going to be Rogers fault again if Praet is again no more than average in every position we try him in?

Give us a break!

I hope he comes good, I really do but he just didn't get into our side and I fear probably will only be a filler this season too but I love him to prove me wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The problem with Praet is the problem we have with Barnes, Castange and Ndidi. He always seems to miss about 2-3 months of a season every season. 

He’s a good player no doubt but given our injury record i’m worried we are relying on too many injury prone players.